command and conquer 3 tiberium wars

ardiasken

Im trying to install C&C3 on windows 7 64bit its a fresh windows install with all the updates and im trying to put back all my software ive been having issues trying to install c&c3 im installing from disc i begin installation i tap in the cd key and off it goes the green bar starts to grow and then it just stops and hangs there no error codes nothing it used to work before on windows vista and ive had it working on a laptop with win7 but now nothing can anyone advise or help?

• 5 months later...

I installed C&C 3 on my new pc (with windows 10. I hate windows 10) and it would get stuck. But if you just wait long enough, it wil get pass that point. Just wait.

And someone must go tell the CEO of Microsoft to stop making (and then force you to use it)  really crappy stuff like windows 10. Windows 10 messed up all 'old' games like C&C Generals and such.

And someone must go tell the CEO of Microsoft to stop making (and then force you to use it)  really crappy stuff like windows 10. Windows 10 messed up all 'old' games like C&C Generals and such.

Windows 10 didn't do much to Generals and Tiberium Wars. The only thing that's different is that the SafeDisc driver comes disabled or removed, which makes retail versions of Generals and Zero Hour a bit more difficult to install (TFD and TUC versions are not affected). Generals and Zero Hour had such a shit engine from the get-go anyway that even modern Steam Greenlight abusers can cough up something more stable.

you sure TFD is not affected? It also uses CD protection; unless you install no-dvd cracks, none of the games run without the DVD.

Okay, you got me, but who sane uses TFD without 1.03? :P

(I'd still like to examine the differences between 1.02 TFD and retail Gen/ZH executables, though).