Registering Your Gamesurge Account on CnCNet

Ferret

Registering Your Gamesurge Account on CnCNet

NOTE: At this moment, this does NOT work on the Yuri's Revenge client.

Registering your account on CnCNet is a very simple process, and is recommended. One of the main reasons we recommend registering is that you'll be able to combat potential impersonators. An impersonator is a person who pretends to be someone else for entertainment or fraud. You'll also be able to have awards tied to your account such as the Gold Medal.

Registering is very easy, so here's where we'll begin. Our client is tied with our partners over at GameSurge.

1. Go to: https://gamesurge.net/createaccount/

gQzgPoO.png

2. Enter your information here. Your account name is the name that will be displayed when other players perform a whois on you. Your account name will NOT become your display name.

pl52WIq.png

3. Login to your email. Check your junk folder as well, as sometimes your email will put GameSurge's email into the junk folder. The email should arrive in a timely manner, it should not take more than 30 minutes. The instructions are also posted in the email.

eJfw8bE.png

4. Start a private message with a bot, or an admin. Enter the command in the chat window. This can also be performed in the lobby as well. I do not recommend doing this as if you mess up, your information will be plastered all over the lobby. I have seen this happen.

6q0W65C.png

The command is:

/authserv auth <account> <temporary password>

Your temporary password is the password located in the email you received from GameSurge.

5. You will receive a notification from AuthServ stating that your information has been accepted.

O8nFksS.png

You are now logged into your account.

Changing Your Password

1. Start a private message with a bot, or an admin. Enter the command in the chat window. You can also enter the command in the lobby.

QkLY6IV.png

The command is:

/authserv pass <old password> <new password>

2. You will receive a notification from AuthServ in the lobby stating that your password has been successfully changed.

famLTIh.png

NOTE: If you've pasted your account information in the lobby, change your password immediately!

Logging Into Your Account

1. Start a private message with a bot, or an admin. Enter the command in the chat window. You can also enter the command in the lobby.

IVR4veR.png

The command is:

/authserv auth <account> <password>

2. You will receive a notification from AuthServ in the lobby stating that you've been recognized.

O8nFksS.png

You are now logged into your account.

When clicking onto a user, you'll receive information about this user. If this user has logged into their account, you will see a (No Fake) title applied to their name and the account they're logged into.

OYv99Lv.png

If you have any questions or are unsure on what to do, post a reply below!

Nice, just what we need. ^^

Glad we got this, thanks for implementing it. :)

However, I have one problem: I registered, tried to use the command with the temporary password, but it didn't work. The command was correct, used it on 3 different bots, but I don't get any reaction. Nothing. The command was correctly entered, so that's definitely not the issue. Any ideas?

Nice, just what we need. ^^

Glad we got this, thanks for implementing it. :)

However, I have one problem: I registered, tried to use the command with the temporary password, but it didn't work. The command was correct, used it on 3 different bots, but I don't get any reaction. Nothing. The command was correctly entered, so that's definitely not the issue. Any ideas?

You might've authenticated your account without realizing it the first time. Try restarting your client and trying again.

Ferret did you try if that works in the yuris revenge client? Maybe commands are not supported there yet

Nice tutorial btw :D It always takes ages to explain people how to register an account, this will help a lot

I did try yes, but it didn't work.

And cheers to that! :D

• 2 months later...