Fixing Out of Sync in CnCNet

pichorra

Question

This fix has been fixed in v1.06c. Please download the new patch HERE

i'll mantain this topic only for history porpoises. if admininistration want to delete it, feel free to do that.

Since i'm tyred from saying for new guys, i'm posting this.

THIS BUG WILL BE NATIVELLY FIXED IN V1.06C, this topic will be deleted when it is relased.

Why it occour: Because Nyerguds has implemented a way to play Music into Multiplayer games, and randomising the music, playing a different music in multiplayer causes descycronisations, it is a very silly bug, but there is it, and how it is fixed is here:

this is very very easy to fix, just navigate into C&C95 directory, and edit CONQUER.INI, then, find a line where is writted:

StartMusic=3

Change it to 2, being:

StartMusic=2

Save, and you have fixed that issue, was that so hard?

you cant find conquer.ini?! then you only need to download "Conquer.zip" above, and run the .EXE, it is a self extractior by WinRAR, point where C&C95.EXE is located, and click in "Instalar" (Sorry, portuguese WinRAR). do not forget to reconfigure c&c with CCSETUP.EXE

imagem.PNG.de2b1926a3a3ece77d0407056b932b96.PNG

conquer.zip

9 answers to this question

Not having it random should be enough; there is no difference between having it disabled and having it not set to random; as long as the playlist doesn't use up any random values that should be used by the game, it can't cause desyncs. Of course, everyone in the game will need to disable random music then.

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2010 at 12:31 AM, Nyerguds said:

I fixed the original topic... there's no such thing as MultiplayMusic=3 (it's a boolean 1/0 option), and just changing the StartMusic option to '2' fixes the problem anyway. No ned to actually disable the multiplayer music; you just gotta disable its randomizing.

Nyer im getting out of sync loads what causes it and is there anything I can do to stop it? Will turning off music help? We cant even get a game going its so bad now.

52 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

Not having it random should be enough; there is no difference between having it disabled and having it not set to random; as long as the playlist doesn't use up any random values that should be used by the game, it can't cause desyncs. Of course, everyone in the game will need to disable random music then.

Thankyou Nyer! !Its fixed it was trolling, unfortunately some people like griefing anonymously this way, I wont say how they do it but its a trolling method as im sure you know. I figured out who they were and banned them.

Its great to know an extra way to minimise it though!!

Edited by chem