Windows 10 Tiberian Sun Freezing When Starting Campaign

piecesoftheuniverse

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Skirmish, or Campaign, it always freezes a couple of seconds after loading. Alt tab in and out refreshes the game, but again freezes after a couple of seconds. 

It seems to be visually freezing. The game itself doesn't freeze as you can hear the game effects continuing.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

What game installation is it? Our download or First Decade/Ultimate collection?

if First Decade/Ultimate collection, did you already install our TSpatch?

I downloaded Tiberian Sun from this website - Single player campaign (windows).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi FunkyFr3sh,

Thanks for offering the help.

I tried what you suggested, using DxWind, windowed mode, no window border at 1920x1080. However now it won't let me go into single player. 

This error is now popping up, no matter what I change it to - continuing doesn't do anything, it just freezes.

Error.png.7e79025536db4fb61ec168d7a53c9cfd.png

Thanks

Edited by Bravetaste

I haven't been able to pin-point whether it's allowed in my anti-virus. Unfortunately I'm having trouble locating where I do that.

What is strange is that it was allowing access (albeit not working properly) into single player before trying the fake full screen option suggested above. In addition, I have since tried skirmish on the launcher, which seems to work! Game play is not great, however it doesn't freeze like it was doing in single player but very slow and laggy - but it is allowing access into the game.

I haven't change anything other than the compatibility settings to try the fake full screen. Even after changing them back it's still not allowing access.

I googled the error which starts to talk about Microsoft.Net, but most of the responses to the error are not based around this game - instead are generic to Microsoft applications.

Not sure where to go from here if I'm honest. I have tried changing security options for the launcher to allow - running as administrator.

There seems to be two issues, one with allowing access into single player and the game play. But of course I would like to find out how I am able to get back into single player - then I can look to resolve the gameplay issue.

Thanks for any help

5 hours ago, Bravetaste said:

I haven't been able to pin-point whether it's allowed in my anti-virus. Unfortunately I'm having trouble locating where I do that.

What is strange is that it was allowing access (albeit not working properly) into single player before trying the fake full screen option suggested above. In addition, I have since tried skirmish on the launcher, which seems to work! Game play is not great, however it doesn't freeze like it was doing in single player but very slow and laggy - but it is allowing access into the game.

I haven't change anything other than the compatibility settings to try the fake full screen. Even after changing them back it's still not allowing access.

I googled the error which starts to talk about Microsoft.Net, but most of the responses to the error are not based around this game - instead are generic to Microsoft applications.

Not sure where to go from here if I'm honest. I have tried changing security options for the launcher to allow - running as administrator.

There seems to be two issues, one with allowing access into single player and the game play. But of course I would like to find out how I am able to get back into single player - then I can look to resolve the gameplay issue.

Thanks for any help

The "access denied" error is not related to the game, you could probably find some info about it on google. But you can also just start the game via game.exe in the game folder rather than using the launcher, I guess the problem is related to the launcher trying to run another executable

Was this issue ever resolved? I also downloaded  the single player campaign (windows) from this site.  I have the same problem from game.exe as the launcher. Alt tab fixes the problem for a few seconds, but then I am back to a frozen screen.  This thread is the first result on google for Tiberium Sun windows 10 freezes, so it would be good for future players if the solution was posted here.

4 minutes ago, Sherman'sMarch said:

Was this issue ever resolved? I also downloaded  the single player campaign (windows) from this site.  I have the same problem from game.exe as the launcher. Alt tab fixes the problem for a few seconds, but then I am back to a frozen screen.  This thread is the first result on google for Tiberium Sun windows 10 freezes, so it would be good for future players if the solution was posted here.

It was updated, but now that you posted here I just noticed that the link on our site points to a old installer from 2016... Will be fixed soon!

Uninstall the game, get the new installer from here: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller.exe

the new link that you posted doesnt do....well anything on my end...weird how people keep making patches that apparently dont work for the actual game...cause ive gotten that weird menu whoever created that isnt even fullscreen to pop up. if you hit campaign tho youre deffinatly out of luck.

the world builder seems to work fine tho...doesnt do any good if you cant use it tho xD long story short probably anyone downloading this has been having issues if theyre on windows 10...