Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

FunkyFr3sh

Download

https://downloads.cncnet.org/TSpatch.exe

If link above doesn't work try this one.

TSpatch supports The First Decade, The Ultimate Collection from origin and old CD installations.

Do not apply TSpatch and the The unofficial The First Decade Patch to the same game folder!

Features

Fix for the main menu problems on Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 ( Black Screen / Invisible Menu / Freezing )

Fix for the following error: "Error: Unable to set video mode"

Fix for the following error: "One or more DLL files were missing or damaged. Please reinstall."

Fix for the following error: "A mouse is required for playing Tiberian Sun."

Fix for the 'Missing required file "ssleay32.dll"' error

Fix for the fast Scroll-rate issue

Fix for the movie scaling bug where parts of the movie were not visible

Crash fix for resolutions with more than 1200 height (up to 3840x2160 and more is supported)

Random freezing can be fixed by setting "Single Processor Affinity" via the config

Graphics Patch - http://www.stuffhost.de/files/cnc/

Hyperpatch - http://www.ppmforums.com/index.php?f=574

Online support via CnCNet with hundreds of players

Final Sun Map Editor

Game Launcher

Config Program

Known problems

Game is flickering / Desktop bleeding through game window?

Can't return to the game after alt+tab or windows key?

Black screen bug on windows 7?

Open the config program and change your renderer until you found one that's working for you.

Firestorm missions are not working? Videos do not play?

The issue can be caused by the unofficial The First Decade Patch, some missions will not be playable anymore if you install TSpatch and the unofficial The First Decade patch into the same game folder.

• 2 weeks later...

So, does this work on the full download from this site, or is it already included in it?

It works on any ts installation, it is not yet included but i hope tore will release his updated installer soon

FunkyFr3sh, y u no pin dis?!

I never pin anything, that is tore's job :D

So, does this work on the full download from this site, or is it already included in it?

It works on any ts installation, it is not yet included but i hope tore will release his updated installer soon

'kay, just wondering if I'd better link it in addition to the full download when recommending the freeware TS on the EA Answers board ;)

That should actually not happen since the patch detects the installation type, what kind of installation do you have? Cd/First Decade/Ultimate Collection/..?

I downloaded the TS from here. Then I saw the patch and installed it where TS was installed. I got a message stating that it couldn't find the patch 2.0 or something. I just click on "No" and it went though. I just re-installed the game. Now I am lagging like crazy. Any idea what is going on?

Does this have a TS-ddraw option? I am planning to reinstall the game this week, on last install TS-ddraw and Ultimate Collection TS worked smooth with no screen tearing, except the ESC menu bug.

If not, what kind of graphics patch does it have? Does it fix screen tearing on 60hz monitors?

It comes with a special feature that works without any ddraw wrappers on windows 8 using tricks built inside of windows. But it also comes with ts-ddraw and friends which can still be used for other versions of windows perfectly fine if needed. Not sure about the tearing, no one reported me problems about that yet :)

I'm using Windows 7. There is screen tearing in game and movies(at 800x600) after applying your patch and using default settings. I have managed to fix it by forcing refresh rate with this trick(DirectX Refresh Rate Override):

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Refresh_Rate_%28Hz%29

Apparently my game was running at 75hz vertical refresh rate(I've had same problem with other DirectDraw games, like Diablo 2 or Baldur's Gate, my monitor doesn't handle 75hz well). After forcing it to 60hz globally, I notice no tearing. Except in movies, there is a slight tearing in some parts, but much less pronounced than before. Also when game camera is moving in a scripted event(such as first GDI mission start), I can notice frame stuttering which stops after event is over.

These problems are eliminated using TS-ddraw(which is also running game at 60hz without registry fix). I am going to use it in single-player for silky smooth visuals. Default settings(without TS-ddraw) have one advantage - game input is more responsive, especially scrolling, that's why I would recommend using it in multi-player.