Beta Testing for Mega Compilation

Another thing that seems to be bugged with the Bask185 missions are the buildable badger bombers. I freed a slot on my airstrip and built one, then it appears on it and I am not able to select it at all. Building one when the strips are full simply does nothing.

Maybe I should have waited to test the Bask missions before including them in the compilation.  They sound quite bugged!  I'm sure Bask can fix those issues if he comes back around. The Flamedancers invisible building bug unfortunately looks unfixable at this point, unless I get some outside knowledge from someone else. I looked at everything I could think of and saw no issues.

Edited by Lightning Hunter

Red alert reloaded allies mission(18) tanks gone m.a.d crashes everytime right after the chronosphere is built

Edit** - mission can still be beaten without the chronosphere but it specifically states to build one. I assume the developer meant for you to use it to transport the stolen vehicle to the drop point as you are chased by the enemy once you steal the tank.

Edited by Poppi
More info

I really wish someone who had knowledge in mission triggers/editing could help me with this compilation, because I'm not sure if I have the time.  These bugs being brought up with triggers are difficult to fix when I have no knowledge.  I might be able to fix some bugs with the compilation itself, but not really with individual mission issues with triggers (not related to the compilation).

I think your best bet would be directly contacting people via personal messages from who you know are experienced in map editing and asking them for help. I don't know this community very well, but I think you know at least some people ;)

Until then I've got a suggestion that would be very beneficial for the compilation project: An issue log. (If you don't have that already)

Write down and sort all brought up issues in a document, sort out every issue you can't fix yourself, add as detailed as possible information about why and when these issues occur and then when you found help you got a nice "to-do-list" of all things in need of a fix. Maybe it's also good to link that list here, too. Even if you can't fix the issues now, a proper documentation is beneficial and ensures the project is easy to continue again when you (or even another person) is able to proceed.

In all of my projects these have come in handy quite a lot!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 6:29 AM, Lightning Hunter said:

I really wish someone who had knowledge in mission triggers/editing could help me with this compilation, because I'm not sure if I have the time.  These bugs being brought up with triggers are difficult to fix when I have no knowledge.  I might be able to fix some bugs with the compilation itself, but not really with individual mission issues with triggers (not related to the compilation).

Lightning Hunter, I couldn't help notice this thread while looking for campaigns to add to the game. I have quite a bit of experience with Triggers and Mission Design from the many years I spent doing so back in the day. Excluding the fact I am a little rusty I would love to help clean up any missions that have trigger issues if you require assistance. 

• 1 year later...

hello dear c&c fan im new here i wanted to try this mega compilation but i got two problem 

1:i dont find the exe called  "RA95_SP.exe" in my game files. 

i show you with a screenshots :

283251175_firstpartofmyredalertfiles.PNG.399c1b41ab3dfa66aa4d7d4cdad90ea2.PNG571318558_thirdpartofmyredalertfiles.PNG.683bde4df5dd283269463d6d943d26d0.PNG1360984472_secondpartofmyredalertfiles.PNG.bae7f1d38d8c4841bb8973d844021dc0.PNG1683620947_4partofmyredalertfiles.PNG.eeaee1e313e074c9e5e4ec93c7ef7332.PNG

and second when  i launch the final mission of flame dancers part 2 mission 13  after  i choose the difficulty  it launch but there a black screen and after it send me back to Windows with a note saying this:

1894037739_errorwhenlaunchingmission13part2flamedancer.PNG.319b6869a9daf174f0ec89e8ecb9fa0e.PNG

and this rigth after :

2099344584_errorwhenlaunchingmission13part2flamedancersecondpart.PNG.27a676cf993bf060e9a6f92f185f1302.PNG

any idea  on how to fixe this ?

Edited by c&cfan89
other error

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2019 at 12:40 AM, c&cfan89 said:

hello dear c&c fan im new here i wanted to try this mega compilation but i got two problem 

1:i dont find the exe called  "RA95_SP.exe" in my game files. 

i show you with a screenshots :

283251175_firstpartofmyredalertfiles.PNG.399c1b41ab3dfa66aa4d7d4cdad90ea2.PNG571318558_thirdpartofmyredalertfiles.PNG.683bde4df5dd283269463d6d943d26d0.PNG1360984472_secondpartofmyredalertfiles.PNG.bae7f1d38d8c4841bb8973d844021dc0.PNG1683620947_4partofmyredalertfiles.PNG.eeaee1e313e074c9e5e4ec93c7ef7332.PNG

and second when  i launch the final mission of flame dancers part 2 mission 13  after  i choose the difficulty  it launch but there a black screen and after it send me back to Windows with a note saying this:

1894037739_errorwhenlaunchingmission13part2flamedancer.PNG.319b6869a9daf174f0ec89e8ecb9fa0e.PNG

and this rigth after :

2099344584_errorwhenlaunchingmission13part2flamedancersecondpart.PNG.27a676cf993bf060e9a6f92f185f1302.PNG

any idea  on how to fixe this ?

somebody ?

On 4/24/2019 at 7:13 AM, c&cfan89 said:

so i just have to rename it?

No. Just make sure to start the game with this file.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:40 AM, c&cfan89 said:

I have no problems running this mission. Make sure to start the game using RA95_SP.exe. If it still doesn't work, open a new topic in the Support section and attach the file ra95crash.dmp; maybe someone will have a look at it and give you further assistance.

• 1 month later...

the mouse scroll is too high when i launch the game through ra95_SP

yet the scroll speed is normal when i launch the game through Red Alert.exe

please help

i can play some missions only on the ra95_SP.exe (flame dancers 14 and 14b)

• 1 year later...

Thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic Mega pack. I downloaded it this week to get past the issue with mission 14b of flame dancers 1, which was great, but now looking at other missions. 
one apparent bug which may have been raised here. In that mission 14b My harvesters keep stopping in the ore field and I have to continuously manually get them to harvest again!

thanks again. I bought RA on the day it came out, having played through C&C on PC and Dune on the Amiga 1200. I’ve got the 1st Decade and subsequent games but for me nothing beats the original two and their add ons. (Omg The base under siege in Covert Ops)

• 1 year later...

Hello guys. Sorry for the bump, but I had just started going through this compilation a few days ago. I have completed Bask185 missions and Personal War missions. I have noticed some bugs (especially in Bask missions) where if you have to transport/evacuate the critical unit inside a chinook. If you messed with the chinook by moving it, then you can't win the mission. And also in Bask's Allied campaign 2nd mission (the commando mission with tanya), after the radar is infiltrated, the fleet comes but it gets stuck at a certain point and I can't win the mission.

Also another bug I noticed is what AMD mentioned two comments above mine. The scroll speed is too fast when using the ra95_SP.exe

I will play more missions and see if there are more bugs I can find.

Edited by ReaperAA

Is there any better place where I can put more bug reports. Because I have more bugs/issues to report and this time for the Ant Aftermath missions (i have played only 3 missions so far of this campaign and I and really disappointed with it)

• The first mission is unwinnable since after I recover the base and repair the power plants, nothing happens. There are no enemies in the entire map and I can't win the map
  • In the second map, I got zerg rushed by ants, my base was completely destroyed before the soviet informant got out. The only reason I beat that mission is because I had some stealth units (stealth artilleries) that survived and when I got control of the informant, I just took him to the transport. Basically, I never even needed to build anything and just let my stealth units sit in place.
  • In the 3rd map, I get zerg rushed by Soviets. Apart from the fact that they just keep sending absurd amount of enemies before I even build my WF, their Tesla Tanks and shock troopers are also wayyy too durable here (much more than vanilla) and our gun turrets are also bugged (gun turrets don't fire at all)

I will try 4th and 5th missions as well, but this has been the worst campaign so far.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention about the "Training missions" campaign. In most of the missions of this campaign, my miner would not automatically collect ore when I place refinery and they would also sometimes get stuck ore ore fields

Edited by ReaperAA