Beta Testing for Mega Compilation

The Mega Compilation is nearing completion, and I need a few volunteers to do some beta testing.  Obviously, I do not expect anyone to play through all 400+ missions that are in this compilation.  Rather, I am just hoping a few people can make sure it installs and runs just fine. I personally launched every single mission and read every single briefing to make sure they at least loaded fine, but it would be nice if a few other people browsed the menu at least to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Funky,  I have decided to place all the missions in sc-missions.mix after all. I also went ahead and updated flame dancers set 1 and the Deadly War, because there were some glaring errors.  The first glaring error was with the custom tutorial files not working, and the second error was with both campaigns having a mission that was supposed to carry over but did not (you already knew this, but I went ahead and fixed it). I also updated the briefing screens for all missions in both campaigns to make them look more cohesive.

I will post again when I am complete (shouldn't be more than a week max). In the meantime, if volunteers could make a post here, that would be great.

• Upvote 1

But... I don't play RA... don't even know if I got it installed :P

It's great that you did this though. I honestly had no idea so many single player missions existed for RA1.

If you include the Flame Dancers, please also include the docs I screenshotted for them :P

Is anyone here using Windows 10?  Dutchy is having trouble running the new ra95_sp.exe file in windows 10, and I need to know if anyone else has that problem.  I have windows 7, so I can't test it.

Because there are problems with PM messages right now, I am going to go ahead and make the beta public.  That way, Funky and Messiah can also download and test, as well as anyone who might have windows 10.

WARNING: THIS IS A BETA.  If there are any bugs, post them here.  MAKE SURE to read "~Mega Compilation Readme" carefully for instructions on how to install/play:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4aara1juf85s55g

Edited by Lightning Hunter

Yeah, I only combined missions that carry over units.  Most of the missions that carry over money are just a "bonus" going in to the next mission, and I imagine the mission can be completed just fine without the extra money. Also, if I combined all the missions that carry over money, some campaigns would be just a few missions in the list. Flame Dancers set 1 and 2 would be an example of this. At the moment, money is not carried over at all.

By the way, should I include jungle.mix and barren.mix with the zip archive? I think a lot of people might not get these files by default with the RA1Installer (although I do think they get desert.mix and winter.mix).

Today I installed a fresh copy of Red Alert using Funky's RA1Installer, joined CNCNet to get the rest of the files, and installed my mega compilation. I then joined a game with the purpose of testing.  CNCNet seemed to work just fine, even with the optional files installed. I played a game until the end (I of course got slaughtered), and there were no issues.  Funny enough, the tiberium mix file replacement worked for me when I played the online game. In other words, I was able to see tiberium instead of gold/ore, but nobody else was. I never imagined that CNCNet would allow you to modify the graphics of your own installation, and still join a game!

I have decided to include all the tileset files with the mega compilation, because I noticed that the RA1installer does not give them to you by default.  These files are only downloaded when you join CNCNet for the first time. As such, I am including them as a fail-safe in case someone installs RA1 without joining CNCNet (for the sake of playing offline, which is what I do).

I am sending out beta2 soon, which includes some fixes, as well as brand new missions from Bask185!

Edit: I have uploaded BETA2.  Here are the changes:
-Added 11 brand new missions by Bask185! They are at the very top of the list.
-Updated the optional tiberium files. They now have better graphics in two files:  one that replaces all gold/ore with green tiberium, and one that replaces all gems with blue tiberium. They work in all original and custom tile sets.
-Fixed the broken "Peregrine - Thrill of the Hunt" mission.
-Tweaked some readme files, and removed "scu44ea.ini" from the zip archive - because I realized that ra95_sp.exe fixes this broken mission without the updated .ini file!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nfnh53o6b3qhldb/MegaCompilationBETA2.ZIP

Does anyone know how to hack an .exe to give it developer information, version info, etc.??  A lot of people who use windows 10 can't open the "ra95_sp.exe" included in the zip archive above, and I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the version info in-game says "?????".  Also, I noticed under the .exe details that it labels the "original file" as ra95.exe.  This is likely because I renamed it.  Perhaps some of this stuff forbids people from opening this file in Win10?

I wanted to produce a mission in the clear cave them, but it cannot be done. RAED does not recognize the theme and edwin keeps crashing if you try to select something which does not exists, like debris and trees. And I could not find black tiles

Hey Bask, you need to download the high-res version of Edwin by Funky, which allows you to view/use all cave tiles:
https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/2644-edwin-map-editor-patches-high-resolution-patch-and-more/

I figured you already had this version, but I guess not!  The black tile is Wall0001.

I really hope you can create a cave mission, because this beautiful tile set is not used anywhere!  It really is a shame, since it comes with so many great tiles. Any cave missions that are created will be exclusively emphasized with the release of my mega compilation.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, will do. Don't release too many updates too soon. I only finished the 'Stalin's comback' campgain (<-- approved) ;) 

EDIT: I downloaded the new files of your link but it is only half done. RAED recognizes the theme but edwin still crashes sometimes. And to produce a map in RAED is undoable. You already dont have to try to click on 'debris' because that = crash. And there are more of those things. And when I wanted to place stuff, it was like I was holding the mouse button, and things got placed wherever my mouse went.

I cannot have that my prescious time and hardwork gets deleted because I accidently press 'debris'. So untill somebody makes the cave theme 100% crash-proof in edwin I cannot create cave maps.

I also wanted to ask you, which mission file numbers are still available, meaning scuxxxea.ini.

Edited by bask185

3 hours ago, bask185 said:

ok, will do. Don't release too many updates too soon. I only finished the 'Stalin's comback' campgain (<-- approved) ;) 

EDIT: I downloaded the new files of your link but it is only half done. RAED recognizes the theme but edwin still crashes sometimes. And to produce a map in RAED is undoable. You already dont have to try to click on 'debris' because that = crash. And there are more of those things. And when I wanted to place stuff, it was like I was holding the mouse button, and things got placed wherever my mouse went.

I cannot have that my prescious time and hardwork gets deleted because I accidently press 'debris'. So untill somebody makes the cave theme 100% crash-proof in edwin I cannot create cave maps.

I also wanted to ask you, which mission file numbers are still available, meaning scuxxxea.ini.

I have only released two beta versions of the compilation so far.  Version1 of the compilation will be released very soon, along with a new "official" thread!

I'm not sure why RAED is crashing for you.  I haven't managed to get it to crash yet on my end!  All I did when editing maps was select the graphic name on the right side, and double click in the map to add the piece.  Then again, I haven't messed with the cave theme that much...  Maybe Funky could explain things better, since it is his high-res version of RAED?

As for which mission files are available, open the folder called "_Readme Files" in the mega compilation archive, and look for the text file "~Mission Order.txt". That file lists the currently used/available slots for maps. Note that your new missions are using cmu80-91 currently (they will be included in the next archive).  I reserved 92-99 for any future missions you create!