Map Editing Question

c0creat0r

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a list of available INI triggers or unit names for map editting?  Currently, I'm just trying to figure out what colors are recognized and valid for PIP colors when different units go into Battle Fortresses.

Also, was trying to figure out if there was a way to limit special units to a team limit?  Like on a Tour of Egypt map, is there a way to limit only 1 boris per side without disabling soviet MCV crates?  Or would that be the only way?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Boris is already limited to one per player...
What do MCV crates have to do with Boris?
Get XCC Mixer and extract rulesmd.ini from ra2md.mix, localmd.mix and edit it with notepad, you can open map files with notepad and copy the settings from rulesmd.ini.

You want to extract from expandmd.mix. That has the correct rules.ini.

43 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

What's the difference?

I don't remember if ra2md.mix is different when 1.001 patch is applied, but expandmd01.mix has a different rulesmd.ini and it's the one that applies to YR, not the one from ra2md.mix -> localmd.mix

27 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

It uses expandmd01. 

Yeah I forgot about your previous post :D :

9 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

You want to extract from expandmd.mix. That has the correct rules.ini.

What's the other rulesmd.ini (inside ra2md.mix) used for?

I'm referring to only one boris per TEAM, not per player.  In Tour of Egypt games, they are 3v3... And when one side gets multiple Soviets, they can make up to 3 boris units.  Double and Triple Boris BFs are pretty unstoppable.  Can you set the boris limit from one per person, to one per side or do you need to disable finding soviet mcvs from crates?

At this point, until someone can come up with a direct solution, we could just phase out Sov MCVs from crates like what had to be done with Yuri. As a trade-off, this could mean bringing choppers back in limited quantity (perhaps 15, maybe V3s as well) in addition to increasing the build limit for Kirovs since only one player will be able to make those units.

Edited by PrezSpammer

23 hours ago, c0creat0r said:

And when one side gets multiple Soviets, they can make up to 3 boris units.  Double and Triple Boris BFs are pretty unstoppable. 

You know the other side can pick crates too isn't it?

23 hours ago, c0creat0r said:

I'm referring to only one boris per TEAM, not per player.

I don't think that's possible

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2017 at 6:08 AM, c0creat0r said:

I'm referring to only one boris per TEAM, not per player.  In Tour of Egypt games, they are 3v3... And when one side gets multiple Soviets, they can make up to 3 boris units.  Double and Triple Boris BFs are pretty unstoppable.  Can you set the boris limit from one per person, to one per side or do you need to disable finding soviet mcvs from crates?

Yes you can limit it to one per team, usually on ToE, spot 2/5 will be Iraq or Russia so you can modify boris to be owned by those 2 houses only as a special unit similar to Snipers/desos.

This will mean only players who picked IRAQ/RUSSIA at the start can only build boris. Any other sides would not be able to build it.

[BORIS]
Speed=6
Pip=red
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
RequiredHouses=Arabs,Russians