Darkstorm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, sorry, no one ever finished that.

There's more issues though... RA not only has a ton more tiles than C&C1, like shore cliffs and long bridges and stuff, but the C&C1 Desert rivers are also completely different shapes than the Temperate/winter/Snow ones, so they can't be converted that easily. They need a lot of editing to get right.

• 2 months later...

I'll Jump on this. It may be old but... I have a SC-Desert.mix that has some of the C&C95 converted over. It replaces the snow but I have no idea who made it. Years ago I started to add more to it. I have added rivers and bridges.

If some one can ID the make of it would be nice. As I'm think of finishing the shore cliffs and beaches for it. Nyerguds said it can't converted that easily and a lot of editing that I know but I would like to do so.

Attaching a WIP

/Notify me of replies enabled.

Desert_RA_WIP.png.90929c69e7c1e8e6ae2e1a21b96198ae.png

Some one did the most of the base work. Like cliffs,roads some rocks.etc I had or have to do rivers, bridges, shore cliffs and beaches.

All I have it a RA-MIXer with PCX2RMT will make PCXes in a TMP (ra) fromat but it make every tile clear (I can build on them and tanks can drive over them) So I have to copy some lines from the stock tiles in a hex editor over to the ones I make to fix this.

All I have to do is photoshop, covert and hex edit 94 more tiles.

I may go back and blend the bridge more but I left them that color so I didn't have to redo the other parts of bridges.

oh right, RA's format contains the terrain types... in C&C1 that info is simply stored in the exe -_-

Wish RA was like that or there was program that could put the needed code in for me.... Doing it by hand is a pain in the *.

If you know of a program that could speed things up. It would help

How many edits are you needing to do on the one file and are they at the same offsets?

Its just a thought, i havent don any research so excuse any obvious flaws

you could make a tool for it based on this if the offsets are all in the same place and it is the same change (there is a good chance further editing or a different tool would be needed for other specific pieces)  http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/source/tfd_ts203modfix.pas.txt

(Nyerguds TS mod fix, if you look at the source it basically looks for the required offsets and changes them.)

What programming language is that btw?

First I have to make the desert tile in photoshop and save it as PCX image. Next I use RA-MIXer 5.1s PCX 2 RMT. PCX 2 RMT copies a PCX to a TMP (RA) fromat but it make all the tiles clear. (I can build on them and tanks can drive over them) So I have to copy some lines from the stock tiles in a hex editor over to the ones I make to fix this.

The number offsets lines the are the same. Evey bite is different and I have to copy some of these bites to fix the clear in the tile.

All the hard work on Snow to Desert 1.0 is done!!! Shore cliffs and Shore beaches is done!

No more Hex editing! All shps now!

Do the large number of trees in RA, no tree replacement. I replaced the snow trees with trees from the temperate thearther. I may work on this next.

I've attached the Snow to Desert 1.0. As I stated before. Some one did most of the work. I do NOT know who but I finished what they once started by adding the right rivers, bridges, shore cliffs and shore beaches.

Desert_RA_WIP2.png.d2113ac42ec4f6f671ab179cb12c532d.png

Snow_to_Desert.zip

What map editor is that?

Also, is it possible to use more than 2 theaters at the same time?

I suspect soon someone will work on porting the TD campaign to RA (though the "blow up one building and skip the next mission" one and the one with passive helicopters might be a problem).

Hm, I remember that name...

Oh right, that's Merri! :)

The email could still work though; it's only that actual page that's gone; the site (and even the /merry/ folder, which is obviously his folder) is still up.

[edit]

Hm, he REALLY isn't hard to track down :P

http://vesa.piittinen.name/

http://merri.net/

Both sites are his; they specifically mention his nickname Merri and his full name. Apparently he uses The vesa{AT}piittinen{DOT}name as email now.

I forgot about interior. I might check into converting that to TD in the Jungle slot.

Those of you who aren't Nyerguds may not know about the Jungle theater. You now know everything there is to know about the Jungle theater. Nyer, if I get around to converting interior, do I have your permission to port your mission Tiberium Labs (can't remember the actual name or which part is was off the top of my head) to the theater?

Also, do you know if there's a graphical representation of whether a tile's rock/water/beach/grass? All XCC Editor tells me is whether it's impassible or not.

Hm, I remember that name...

Oh right, that's Merri! :)

The email could still work though; it's only that actual page that's gone; the site (and even the /merry/ folder, which is obviously his folder) is still up.

[edit]

Hm, he REALLY isn't hard to track down :P

http://vesa.piittinen.name/

http://merri.net/

Both sites are his; they specifically mention his nickname Merri and his full name. Apparently he uses The vesa{AT}piittinen{DOT}name as email now.

I may try the email left and see if it works. I'll have to google tranlate both the web sites you gave me and email them too. Maybe there there right person.

• 1 year later...