Any Plans to do anything about recon errors?

FP4ME

I've just had 4 games in a row now end in a recon error just before other side was about to lose, I have had enough of it,

Can you do something about them please? This is meant to be a cheat free server, but sorry to burst your bubble but cheating here is as bad as I've ever seen it.

5 hours ago, JUDY said:

I've just had 4 games in a row now end in a recon error just before other side was about to lose, I have had enough of it,

Can you do something about them please? This is meant to be a cheat free server, but sorry to burst your bubble but cheating here is as bad as I've ever seen it.

It's not likely that anyone is doing recon errors on purpose to prevent losing to you. Do you play a specific map or style of map?

5 hours ago, JUDY said:

That's a completely false statement. Cheating is much more seldom on cncnet than other servers. I can go to xwis right now and use all my trainers. I can't do that here.

2 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Controlling massive amounts of units in a laggy game causes recons. You can try to set Frame send rate to 10 in those games and it might not recon. To change frame send rate type in /FRAMESENDRATE 10 in the cncnet game room.

Thanks i'll try, can this be done during the game too as we don't know if it will be laggy until it starts!

The most popular out of sync (aka Recon error) in Red Alert 1 was the MCV OOS, happened over 100 times per day... Would be interesting to know if westwood fixed that bug or if it still exists in Red Alert 2 / Tiberian Sun

Can you guys try and see if it works? You have to select a MCV and move your cursor over it while some units are driving next to it (You can use Q move to make the units move around it and afterwards select the MCV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUj-Eb6cnRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSmAk0Xht0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSoC6FETVNg

Note: You dont need to click around all the time like in the first video, just select it and keep your cursor on top of the MCV (I didn't knew the exact reason back when the video was made)

In Red Alert 2 people are playing often with redeployable MCV, right? This could happen often then

3 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

In Red Alert 2 people are playing often with redeployable MCV, right? This could happen often then

Nah, never encountered it, I know some things that can be abused in game to cause recons, but I'm 99% sure this is not one. 

1 hour ago, FlyingMustache said:

Lol, I couldn't resist the prez ifv. It was fun to troll people with it.

I preferred building a wall maze in the opponent's base and have everyone in a FFA start blaming each other of cheats :D while I laughed my ass off.

• Haha 1

Tried /framesendrate 10 tonight and still had 3 games end in recon errors!!! It is driving me crazy, can I upload SYNC files and some admin look and tell me what is going on??

Thanks

Edited by JUDY

32 minutes ago, JUDY said:

Tried /framesendrate 10 tonight and still had 3 games end in recon errors!!! It is driving me crazy, can I upload SYNC files and some admin look and tell me what is going on??

Thanks

What username do you use?