Minor issue with ultimate collection

StandSure90

Question

I did originally post this on the EA forum but received  no replies, so seeing if you guys can shed some light on the matter.

Hello all, running into an issue I have all the games form the ultimate collection up and running however I'm having minor issues...

For C&C and RA 1 whenever I exit the game I get a black square in the top left of my desktop and it prevents me from doing anything whatsoever, I have to signout of windows and then sign back in for my desktop to return to normal.

only other issue is TS and FS the menu lags, I select campaign and so on fine no issues like the menu buttons not being there and so forth, but then it just takes forever to load a game or go from one menu to another.

All games are playable no issues there, I believe it may be resolution related  my laptop screen is 1366X768. 

Im running windows 8.1

any help or advice would be appreciated

4 answers to this question

I gave it ago, with the patches, the C&C gold just went all patchy, there were enemy units showing up in the shroud across the other side of the map and was really glitchy...

Red alert patch crashed the game and said send to Iran for debugging lol

Haven't tried the TS and FS yet 

3 hours ago, StandSure90 said:

I gave it ago, with the patches, the C&C gold just went all patchy, there were enemy units showing up in the shroud across the other side of the map and was really glitchy...

That's normal if the map is smaller than the chosen resolution, only the first few missions have this problem. It's a side effect of the high resolution patch (Red Alert 1 got it too)

You can change your resolution to 640x400 via the config program if you prefer to play without the high res patch

3 hours ago, StandSure90 said:

Red alert patch crashed the game and said send to Iran for debugging lol

Did you maybe enable any compatibility modes for ra95.exe in your game folder? Or did you allow origin to "update" the game after you applied the patch? (don't !)

Try to remove all compat modes from ra95.exe, the patcher is already doing that but origin likes to revert that changes if you don't stop it from doing so.

If origin "updated" the game, then you'll have to run the patcher again since the only thing it did was reverting some of the changes made by the patcher (Leaving the game in a broken state)