TOP TWENTY CNC TD PLAYERS OF ALL TIME

BluySY

I would like every one to give me there input on who is the top twenty players in the history of CNC TD 

From there perspective, note I am not doing this to takes sides or to make people feel bad (or good) just simply to bring up the names of some of the old greats who may have bean forgotten. This might take me a couple days to add my top 20 just cause I don't want any old legends to be forgotten.

With respect BluySY

Edited by BluySY
  • Like 1

Lovehandles

XxthemanxX

Blackasp

Acxdc

Tonkajoe

Jacko/just me

Chem

Ferret

Achromicwhite

Sundown46/Ephraim

Sepheroth

Groefaz

Mash potato

Mike pence

Cn2mc

Jimmygiro

MiCR2

Matt attack

Hashton

tError

This list is not in order or anything just 20 fierce warriors

• Like 1

I'd, like, cut your lists by about 50-60%, and that's if I'm being generous. There's hardly 20 players total, let alone enough for a top 20 list. Let's make it a hundred and then even my grandmas are in, and they're both dead.

MrBuggy is by far the most impressive player that I've faced enough times to really gauge. The surest way to spot him (besides him playing like himself, mostly playing classic maps, etc.) is the tiberium growth setting. He turns that off. Even though he namehides, location is still shown too, AU or NZ, somewhere down under.

As for history, at one point, a few other older players from wchat popped up at cncnet. Austin was hard on classic maps, weaver can be dangerous with Nod but he seems terribly out of shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Syrianrefugeeengineer said:

:P. lol. TS players are as equal as good as TD players.

I don't usually see fast paced TS games with different counter units... it's all drops/superweapons/flyers. 
Pretty much why I don't play.
You just tech strait up and then sell tech. Not enough variety in openings/composition etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Syrianrefugeeengineer said:

Poor game play? Not enough variety? Well, this can only come from ppl, who simply doesnt play it. Every game is different - you can choose between different methods; so its different from RA1, isnt it? You can use MKs, distructors, Mk and distructor rushs, ghost rushs, apc rushs (GDI), nader rushs, long game (Firestorm), bombers, titans, GDI-tanks for defensive; CnC-rush, buggie-scout-rush (one of my favourites...), banshee attacks (early, late - its always a tough decisio) or sams?, emp, chem nukes, flame tank attacks, aso. You can do so many things! And there are defensive and offensive players; every game, you have to make extremely quick decisions. So what do you mean with lousy units and ideas? That they arent so stubborn and primitive to only use tanks, tanks and more tanks?

And the campaign of TS is, imo, the best. Best missions, best cutscenes, best story (and wonderful end of the Nodstory...).

So if RA is so good, why you dont play it? Why are you so bad at it? If the game is great, you have to be dumb, i guess; or would you regret to say its good? BEcause how can a game be "broken" and good in the same time? MAKES NO SENSE :P.

So see the facts: TS is much better than RA, much more interesting, funnier, harder and prettier. It is as good as TD, maybe TD is slightly better; but i dont think so.

Agreed ^

In Tiberian Sun you have a much larger choice of economy vs tech. Most complaints about TS come from a complete ignorance of the economy. Any pro TS player could come to TD and wreck everyone within 1 week.

1 hour ago, dkeeton said:

Agreed ^

In Tiberian Sun you have a much larger choice of economy vs tech. Most complaints about TS come from a complete ignorance of the economy. Any pro TS player could come to TD and wreck everyone within 1 week.

Hehe, have a go then, mr. Friedman.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chem said:

it might be I think at a high level it becomes narrow?

If not and I very well could be ignorant I only tried a few games they were artillery aa orca bomber nightmares, not the tank play that I love so much, but anyway even if you are right the tick tank doesn't even have a barrel ! Its a tank ffs! Its like having a plane with no wings or something, then it suddenly magics a barrel when it deploys, the titan looks nice but they are not used because theya re too slow and why in the future  would they move to a slower means for a tank to move? Clearly tracks and wheels are more advanced than legs. Then the mammoth tank, looks like a handicapped elephant and you can only build 1 of them. How can they ruin the mammoth tank such an awesome creation in cnc1!! Then the flame tank omg its ugly now and as flimsy as a buggy, how could they ruin such a good looking iconic fun unit? ,The obelisk of light does no damage its like a good looking anti climax compared to the cnc1 lazer, which is as powerful as hell and sounds scary. It goes on and on like this, the units to me broke it, it was a fantastic game engine lovely graphics has depth you claim has good acting and story and a good add on. But the units man, why no tanks! How can you take away a unit like a tank, its like taking away the bacon in a full english breakfast! 

I can tell that you did not watch any of the videos.

You originally stated that Tiberian Sun has less variety than TD and it's clearly false. Tiberian Sun has more useful units and strategy than TD.

You also thought that TS has less players than TD and it's also false by a factor of 10.

Now you've switched to the idea that the TS units are unrealistic or impractical. Who cares? In tetris the blocks can only be rotated to 4 positions but in reality such blocks could be rotated 360 degrees. I guess that makes tetris a terrible game.

MikePence played TD for 1 month and already beat you multiple times. I can promise you that you could play Humble, or Redrum, or Carnage, or C0rpsmakr on TS every day for a year you would not win a single game. And they could beat you without ever repeating a unit composition or strategy.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chem said:

You didnt read a word I typed did you, ok if words are not your thing I will explain it with pictures

latest?cb=20060817131145

ngbbs44ed66541913e.jpg

p02m9gpk.jpg

lol, you are even dumber than everyone says. Congrats, you exceed expectations. Get good, please try to stop losing to people who have played your game for 1 week.

7 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Tiberian Sun has more useful units and strategy than TD.

I'd argue against that. TS has a lot of units that are very rarely used. TD almost has none. True, TS has more units and more combinations, in many (but not all) respects it's a more versatile game with more possible strategies, but are they more viable in an actual toe-to-toe game than the bulk of TD tactics? I'm not convinced, and I've watched plenty of high-level TS vids. 

The main difference is that the tech tree is a bit more stratified in TS, mostly due to the addition of the tech centre building and the fact that air tech comes after radar. In TD you have that option right off the bat with barracks. 

• Upvote 1

I beat the infamous PHD University Desktop what ever his name is today, we talk a bit he admits he is not MrBuggies He also told me the best players he has played are lovehandles chem mr buggies and after he remembered ferret and jackoderp

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...