C&C Tiberian Sun - PT-BR Colours don't match their names

RyanTurner

Question

Hello, I was doing a LAN party yesterday and i saw the colours and description not matching each-other, since my PC it's in PT-PT it put the launcher language into to PT-BR,

Gold -> Amarelo

Red -> *Vermelho

Blue -> *Azul

Green -> Verde

Orange -> *Laranja

Sky Blue -> Azul Claro

Purple -> Roxo

Pink -> Rosa

Can't confirm what brazilians call Sky Blue, Purple and Pink, but those are the correct colours, since PT-BR and PT-PT are different, e.g Grey/Gray = Cinzento (PT-PT) and Cinza (PT-BR) same applies to Brown = Castanho (PT-PT) and Marrom (PT-BR)

P.S: If CnC Net requires a translator for Portuguese-Portugal i could translate it if needed =)

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

2 answers to this question

You can change the names by yourself. I dont know which game you use, but you can find the data for it here:

\GAME\CnCNet5\Language\YOUR_LANGUAGE.ini

Example:  \TiberianSun_Online\CnCNet5\Language\English.ini

On 3/10/2018 at 9:59 PM, RyanTurner said:

Hello, I was doing a LAN party yesterday and i saw the colours and description not matching each-other, since my PC it's in PT-PT it put the launcher language into to PT-BR,

Gold -> Amarelo

Red -> *Vermelho

Blue -> *Azul

Green -> Verde

Orange -> *Laranja

Sky Blue -> Azul Claro

Purple -> Roxo

Pink -> Rosa

Can't confirm what brazilians call Sky Blue, Purple and Pink, but those are the correct colours, since PT-BR and PT-PT are different, e.g Grey/Gray = Cinzento (PT-PT) and Cinza (PT-BR) same applies to Brown = Castanho (PT-PT) and Marrom (PT-BR)

P.S: If CnC Net requires a translator for Portuguese-Portugal i could translate it if needed =)

Wow, thanks! I just fixed it quickly

currently there is no support for automatic detection of PT/BR, so if you would make a PT-PT then it would still default to PT-BR for anyone in portugal. I will have to see if this can be fixed in the future. If you want you can create the PT-PT already and I will include it, but until it's fixed everyone will have to switch to it manually.

@The3X just pointed out how to create a translation. Just create the file and afterwards restart cncnet, it will list it under Settings->CnCNet