ImagesHack is blocking Users From Certain Countries (Don't Use Imageshack)

pichorra

Starting Feb 22, 2011 (?) ImageShack has been enforcing a new policy that requires Site Owners and those outside USA, Canada and the European Union to register to them in order to be able to view any images stored there. This amouts to effectively IP banning most of the World, and serving frozen frogs (see samples below), instead of the intended pictures, to those included in the ban.

In fact, however, the implementation of the ban was also sloppily implemented, in that, most of the time, the "unregistered domain" frozen frog is served, even when the "country requires logging in" frozen frog should have been served, thus adding a confusioning element as to why the intended image was not served.

While we consider that ImageShack has the right to adopt whatever policy it deems adequate and desirable, here at MSFN, which is a a forum that congregates people from every part of the world, we're now asking our users who rely on ImageShack to move their images to altenative hosting severs who believe in serving information equally to everybody, such as PhotoBucket, imgur and Rightload, so as to preserve the integrity of this Forum in contents and structure, as well as its availability to all.

Font: MSDN

All imageshack images are being blocked here... In some signatures even from this forums, the images are uploaded in Imageshack, like Godly-Cheese's one. i get this image

blocked_login.jpg

Please, do not use imageshack, since it is a international Forum.

Thats ridiculous and makes no sense what so ever (i never chose to use imagehack, never trused any website which shoved popups in my face then asked me to enter details)

I realy dont understand what they will gain from this, ultimatly they are alienating the Asian market (which is fast becoming the biggest online) not to mention the sharp rise in the african market which is likely to follow the sudden changes to government and therefore policy on freedom of information. I dont see from a buisness point of view how this will benifit them at all.

any sort of internet censorship is sloppy, even the glorious system used by Australia

From now on, I'll host on imgur just for pichorra. :)

Once I go back to my house (I'm currently at my cousin's house), I'll switch some of my screenshots, signatures etc. to a different host such as imgur.

Thank you =D

I'll search for my topics and try to fix the imageshack thing too, but i'll need someone to help (something i can ask in IRC =D )

MrFlibble: No, none Mail, none advisor, it simple do not login.