GDI in the new update is a bad renderer for win10

Jack Chen

3 hours ago, Myg said:

What exactly does "Automatic" mean? What kind of processing does it do to identify which renderer is best for the user?

(ive been out of the loop for a while)

It will try to use OpenGL and if that's not possible then it switches to GDI.

cnc-ddraw needs OpenGL version 2.0, ts-ddraw i think 1.2. If that's not available then it will switch to GDI.

It's also using glGetError() to check for errors, if there is an error then it will switch to GDI too.

It shows a warning message too: http://cnc.cloudns.pro/Test/index.php?video=RedAlert_Driver_Warning.mp4

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

It will try to use OpenGL and if that's not possible then it switches to GDI.

cnc-ddraw needs OpenGL version 2.0, ts-ddraw i think 1.2. If that's not available then it will switch to GDI.

It's also using glGetError() to check for errors, if there is an error then it will switch to GDI too.

It shows a warning message too: http://cnc.cloudns.pro/Test/index.php?video=RedAlert_Driver_Warning.mp4

But after i deleted the cncnet client completely and reinstalled it, the CncNet on my computer still use GDI automatically. I have to replace the GDI with 79kb OpenGl ddraw by renaming.

7 hours ago, Jackige said:

But after i deleted the cncnet client completely and reinstalled it, the CncNet on my computer still use GDI automatically. I have to replace the GDI with 79kb OpenGl ddraw by renaming.

Do you get the message about updating your graphics card drivers?

• 1 year later...