Wanna play TS without update win 10

Dylle

Question

I just want to be able to play my old and "cracked" version of Tib Sun, not the updated version.

I play "Skirmish" as NOD and win every time, but listen to music in the background, and relax.

I want the game to be as it was without the update.

I want to be able to create "unlimited maps" (the click and redraw trick for more ore)

(Infact I used to like the actual redrawing of maps too, since my cpus got faster and faster, from about 40 seconds per mapload down to below 1 second last time i played)

Is there any fix for win 10? Standalone from your cncnet? Perhaps any emulator type of sorts? Any idea?

I remember I tried some fixes from "majorgeeks" when I updated to win 10, but they didn't work.

My game loads to start screen, and music works, but I can't see the menus where to chose "skirmish" and so on.

The menu is there, because mouse is visible and I hear the sound of my click, but no new menu loads.

Advice?

4 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

This should be enough to get the game going on windows 10 https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Amazing man, totally awesome. Havent begun playing yet, but all menus work and i made my way into being able to create my custom large map with extreme amounts of tiberium!!!!!

This is what internet was invented for. Holy holidays I wish FunkyFresh some real nice things to happen for you.

Thank you alot, from Sweden

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 5:22 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

This should be enough to get the game going on windows 10 https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Hey man, are you still here?

I bought a new monitor, and now I can't play again.

I'm asking you directly, since I got nice help last time.

I want to run the game at atleast 1920x1080 (as you got it working on my older monitor)

My new monitor is a 1440p, and I suspect the 165Hz refreshrate is an issue.

I want the game to be full screen, and be able to tab out freely to desktop.

I'm not experienced in Nvidia-settings, making shortcuts to 'game.exe', but I've tried editing the 'sun.ini' to set video at 1920x1080

What might help?