L E A R N I N G ?

[AuF]Mindwar

I've been teaching a few players how to improve recently, if you're interested in learning pm me if you see me. [fw]Mindwar

But here are a few general tips from what I've heard.

"I've been playing for years and I'm not getting any better", this is what happens when you play rekool and wasteland constantly. Or any variation of 1 mapping.

"Some people just beat me no matter what, why play with better players?", first, if they're better than try watching what they do and learn from it. Playing better players will only make you better, playing worse players will cause you to never improve.

"I suck at official maps so I play mods", you won't improve playing mods when all of the actual "PRO" players play official maps pretty much exclusively. If you want to be a top player, play with the top players. There's a lot of nice people that will be happy to let you observe games or answer questions. There's also some good youtube channels to learn basics.

"People are trolls", yep, get used to it.

"But Cuntwar/Mindwhore, you're a douche!", yep, get used to it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, Kikematamitos said:

At the end some people are just faster i think most of time new players are slow because not use hotkeys, for example me when i warm for 2 horus playing i know what to do but Zhasulan is just faster that me for react, use hotkeys only and always here a video where you can learn basics. 

there is a lot more involved than just speed

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 6:13 PM, Gun_Man said:

there is a lot more involved than just speed

Yes I agree.

To start, as hotkey, you need Q, W to don't lose too much time. 

And D / T / P for your units. 

The most important thing, I think, is to have a good economy

My best advice is : 1st make atleast 4 miners, then make your base & army. After TC, tactics, speed, etc. it will come by playing the game. 

PS : My advise is for Yuri's Revenge (not for Ra2)

Edited by LeOwNzAll

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, as someone who's just started playing others I appreciate this topic.  I've been getting bored with playing "hard AI" in skirmish mode, so the last few days I've started to play real people.  It's a whole different beast!  Is there any kind of FAQ (general etiquette, things people expect, etc.) for playing with others on Cncnet? Kikematamitos, I knew a lot of those commands, but I definitely learned some from watching your video, thanks!

On 4/2/2019 at 9:42 PM, InTents said:

Hey, as someone who's just started playing others I appreciate this topic.  I've been getting bored with playing "hard AI" in skirmish mode, so the last few days I've started to play real people.  It's a whole different beast!  Is there any kind of FAQ (general etiquette, things people expect, etc.) for playing with others on Cncnet? Kikematamitos, I knew a lot of those commands, but I definitely learned some from watching your video, thanks!

Joining up on discord is a good way to meet people that are willing to help. Plus I often find that it's easier to be helped by voice in real time.

https://discord.gg/4Ve25mM

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1