Ladder Single User Multiple Accounts

avan

Are there any checks, besides email, to identify users with multiple accounts on the ladder? I am fairly sure i am playing the same user on 3-4 different ladder accounts which is obviously ladder manipulation and should be prevented.

Thanks,

• Like 1

For all of ww and all of xwis you were allowed multiple logs on ladder. You could have like 9 Nick's. It's always been that way. It's called smurfing and has always been on TS as well as most competitive games. It's not ladder manipulation. Have you guys forgot? The person you're referring to is mola and he's breaking 0 rules, ts has always been this way. 1 log in is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve been owning you on 3 different logs, so what? 

Under login  you can create as many logs as you want, there is no limit.

That said you have so less points I wouldn’t want to play you with my main account, hence the lower ranked logs. 

Those ranked logs where same point level and higher then yours so it really makes no difference for you, since you lost the majority of the games. 

17-8 GG.

Edited by Weaponx

Your pts would be about the same. Regardless. If you only played mola and went 8-17. I don't get this post. Ww allowed 9 logs. Xwis the same or more. All on ladder. Name hiding was part of ts. Smurfing. What rule was broken or how are your pts any diff than if u both used 1 log and u went 8-17. 

• Like 1

Avan you know that WW had 9 nicks, you could delete one after like 30 days or something. And make a new one. XWIS I  think had even more. People constantly namehid on TS for years and years, 2 decades. I dont even really ever remember you playing the ladder competitively. Now because you won 8 out 25 games versus mola that is the ladders fault? When hasnt smurfing been a part of TS. Close topic. :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, avan said:

Are there any checks, besides email, to identify users with multiple accounts on the ladder? I am fairly sure i am playing the same user on 3-4 different ladder accounts which is obviously ladder manipulation and should be prevented.

Thanks,

Think its like one account, a billion usernames.... you can do this too! see the previous thread about rankings bugged , just go and make some more usernames under your current account.  At least the ladder looks as though people are actually playing.  Granted it is mostly mola and im sure he would play himself if he could rofl

to be fair, i think with the laws of average mola will end up playing mola on one of these games... surely! haha ;0

is it bugged or is it moled?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TRZ said:

Avan you know that WW had 9 nicks, you could delete one after like 30 days or something. And make a new one. XWIS I  think had even more. People constantly namehid on TS for years and years, 2 decades. I dont even really ever remember you playing the ladder competitively. Now because you won 8 out 25 games versus mola that is the ladders fault? When hasnt smurfing been a part of TS. Close topic. :D

You are comparing apples and oranges. WOL and XWIS also allowed you to choose the players you would play in the ladder. CNC net made a point to change the rules of the ladder to intentionally be different. The whole point of introducing random assignment of matches is to introduce a more fair and balanced system. 

It is 100% ladder manipulation when you use one log in to get matched randomly with someone then immediately log off and log back in under a different login if you know you will likely win to boost the record/pts of one account. Its also ladder manipulation to use one login until the ladder no longer awards points for playing the same user over and over then switching logins so you can still take points from the opposing account. 

I never said I would beat Mola or anything of my record for him. I come online and play for 2 weeks every 5-10 weeks. I wouldn't expect to beat people who constantly play especially someone who is good at the game. 

If you are allowed to register numerous accounts with the same email then I concede that it doesn't matter but truthfully it seems idiotic they would do that as it defeats the purpose of random matching. Oh well.

Edited by avan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

But it isn't manipulation. He is following the guidelines.  Do you play other games ?  For any major competitive video game especially real time strategy games there has always been smurfing. Its it's own strategy and people try new builds or don't risk a cheat or disconnect. As I stated it doesn't effect either of your points much. If you barely play and the points are essentially the same why does it matter . If he beat you 17 to 8 on his main log be same .

Just to clarify what would you like, one log in on the ladder? that's ridiculous

• Like 1

Smurf names are ok, but switching your name when a certain player comes online is ladder manipulation obviously. 

Imagine Rank1 with 1000 points plays against rank 10 with 500 points. Rank1 gets 40 points for a win due to the difference in rating, Rank10 gets 80 points for beating a much better player. If they play a series and end up with 10:5 score then both end up still being the same ranks (each won and lost 400 points), the ladder points were awarded properly based on skill and each player has the correct rank.

Now if Rank1 is switching to a lower points nickname then the points will be awarded differently, a 10:5 series would have stolen a lot points from the Rank10 player and he would be Rank20 now. The points are not awarded properly if people abuse throw-away nicknames to manipulate the ladder.

This is not a new problem, the yuri's revenge players are doing the same and continuously blame each other for it. 

We probably have to limit the nicknames each player can use per month to 2 or 3. This way everyone can still play undercover with his smurf nicks, but it's more difficult to manipulate the ladder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well like you said its random, and the higher ranked player could be thinking, im tired of playing this guy, i want to play a different guy, lets make a new log and we hit other players in same level with 0 points. But if there is no one else online, then he will hit the same player. 

People assume its to punish the "rank10 "player but its to hit someone else for a change. The issue is there is to less players.

Limit the logs to 2-3 nicks then you need to do a reset and delete all existing logs so people can choice what they like.

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Smurf names are ok, but switching your name when a certain player comes online is ladder manipulation obviously. 

Imagine Rank1 with 1000 points plays against rank 10 with 500 points. Rank1 gets 40 points for a win due to the difference in rating, Rank10 gets 80 points for beating a much better player. If they play a series and end up with 10:5 score then both end up still being the same ranks (each won and lost 400 points), the ladder points were awarded properly based on skill and each player has the correct rank.

Now if Rank1 is switching to a lower points nickname then the points will be awarded differently, a 10:5 series would have stolen a lot points from the Rank10 player and he would be Rank20 now. The points are not awarded properly if people abuse throw-away nicknames to manipulate the ladder.

This is not a new problem, the yuri's revenge players are doing the same and continuously blame each other for it. 

We probably have to limit the nicknames each player can use per month to 2 or 3. This way everyone can still play undercover with his smurf nicks, but it's more difficult to manipulate the ladder.

If someone better at math can show a 1 to 2 game or other than 100 pt diff I welcome it. Limit whatever you want but honestly it does not matter. 

• Like 1

Mola has been dominating by a huge margin just about everyone ;) 2 now cry as if it matters . When your win % is like 20% versus someone it doesn't matter. Tights been whoopin my ass lmfao. Single handed bringing me down. I'm like 17-20 vs mola. But like 5-30 vs tight. He alternates logs. No cry here

• Like 1

Just because something has always been done a certain way doesn’t make it right... 

Having more than 1 username is not in the spirit of good sportsmanship and competition. 

It makes no sense to allow people to have more than 1 username in the same tournament.. The only purpose is abuse and foul play... And the only counter argument I’ve seen thus far is “it’s always been that way”.

This is why competitive players should be in charge of developing systems for competition.

(lol@ u pussies with this content need to be approved by admin shit)

Edited by Black
  • Upvote 1