Should Joe Kucan play Kane in a TD remaster again?

Hungry Mike

What i want to know:

Will there be new high quality videos for the TD remaster?

Will Joe Kucan play our Messiah (Kane) again?

And who wants him to play Kane again?

I lovvvvve Joe Kucan and his amazing work. Please let him play Kane again and make new high qualitiy videos! The remaster will gain much attention because of it. :)

49 minutes ago, AchromicWhite said:

It'd be a mess, old man Kane, haha.

:P. Now you laugh, GDi infidel, but when our Messiah returns, you all will be frightened again! :D  xD

50 minutes ago, AchromicWhite said:

They MIGHT remake the cut scenes with the battles. Even SC:BW Remastered, with everything they got in that game, didn't have remastered cut scenes.

Yeah, that would be nice. Remake the flame tank scene please! With extra loud screams ?

Oh, no no. I love my same Kane time... I just don't think you'll get a better briefing scene from having new videos.
My bet is that they'll maybe up the sound quality, and maybe use some modern tech to smooth some stuff out... but then, as I said, BW didn't even seem to take that route, regarding cinematics. 

Seriously though, he's getting greyer, haha
https://scontent.fchc2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50248135_10155979228403730_5017122225271078912_n.jpg

I don't think they could have the flame tank actually burning people in a cut scene, without raising the rating on the game. Could be wrong, though.

Joe Kucan (Kane) surprisingly still looks the same to me, but Eric Gooch (Seth) had really aged. I don't mind they reused the cutscenes, nobody can replace the late Eric Martin (General Shepard).

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nyerguds said:

The Flame Tank video doesn't have any screams... it's a test in a seemingly abandoned village.

Who said it has screams? It should have them. Because it is just sweet to hear GDI soldiers scream for mercy :D.

BUT THERE IS NO MERCY FOR THE WEAK!

ONE VISION
ONE PURPOSE

KANE LIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVES!  

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:44 AM, AchromicWhite said:

I don't think they could have the flame tank actually burning people in a cut scene, without raising the rating on the game. Could be wrong, though.

G-d forbid people are exposed to the horrors of war. They might actually learn something!

• Upvote 1

On a more serious note, what's with the constant re-mastering of things? Can we not move on and make better things? I love Joe and Tiberian Dawn but seriously, mine a new field instead of re-hashing stuff

grumble grumble ?

edit: what I meant to say is, don't stain the past with crappy remakes. Sometimes the past is fine (although updated with modern code); don't ruin it with shite-on-toast remakes just for the sake of profit

Edited by tsdotca
addendum

7 hours ago, tsdotca said:

On a more serious note, what's with the constant re-mastering of things? Can we not move on and make better things? I love Joe and Tiberian Dawn but seriously, mine a new field instead of re-hashing stuff

grumble grumble ?

edit: what I meant to say is, don't stain the past with crappy remakes. Sometimes the past is fine (although updated with modern code); don't ruin it with shite-on-toast remakes just for the sake of profit

Yeah,  its an absolute valid point, that they should see into the future, too. But since 2010, there are most of the time only shit games.
The remake of AoE 1 was good tho. I hope this remake will be fine, too.

I ask myself: Couldnt they put new content and story lines in the mix? So Joe could play Kane again; maybe an editional campaign.

Or they will remake the old videos, too, but will play an homage for Eric Martin. I mean, imagine the old story of TD told new: Wouldnt that be Eric Martins will? To give the new generation so much fun with this superb game? He played his role so perfectly fine, so that it will be a burden for any new actist. But that happens all the time in cinematic history: There are always challenges.

Just now, AchromicWhite said:

I only meant from legal stand points... There are actually laws surrounding stuff like this.

Sadly, you are right - in Germany they made "robots" or "cyborgs" out of the infantery for CC TD, RA1 and TS and cut some video material. But what can you expect from a country, which tries to forbid eating meat? ;).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 8:11 PM, Hungry Mike said:

Sadly, you are right - in Germany they made "robots" or "cyborgs" out of the infantery for CC TD, RA1 and TS and cut some video material. But what can you expect from a country, which tries to forbid eating meat? ;).

You don't think that packeting should show if a game has naked ladies in the game, simulated gambling or is actually a learning game for kids?
I'm all for letting the consumer know what's in a product. Not all regulation is a blight on the land.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, Siberian GRemlin said:

As far as I know, WS had all videos in DVD quality.

All high res images, besides a few renders used for printing large posters, were found at a maximum height of 480 pixels (widescreen though; 752x480). And even there, some of the composite ones looked pretty bad because all live action content was VHS-taped, so I don't think it's even viable to go higher than that.

Though, them being produced that way is still no guarantee that the Remaster people will actually find that stuff, of course. A lot was lost throughout the ages...

• 2 months later...

Heres a new video from EA about that exactly that topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJLYYTrIxs&feature=youtu.be

They dont want to replace the old videos because of the performances of wonderful people like Eric Martin or Joe Kucan (our Messiah Kane) and i respect that.

I would have accepted new videos, too; but i love the nostalgia of the old videos and the better quality!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So now, when remasters are out, here's what you can find in the source code:

#define    FIXIT_CSII                    // Adds Aftermath CounterStrike II units
//    ajw 9/28/98 - Note about FIXIT_CSII. Changes seem to have been made for Aftermath ("Counterstrike II") that: a) were
//    bug fixes that should never be rolled back, b) change the nature of the game, at least in multi-player. This meant
//    that the "Red Alert" executable ( == Counterstrike executable ) could no longer be built. Apparently, at the time,
//    this was justified, as it was believed that no further patches to the RA executable would ever be necessary.
//    Given that Denzil's DVD changes and my WOLAPI integration are essentially a patch, we've got a problem.
//    We've decided to level the field and make sure every who gets or patches to the new version of Red Alert, CS, AM, (and
//    their DVD equivalent(s)) will have the same executable. So we're assuming that all of the FIXIT_CSII changes are 
//    permanent (as, in fact, all prior FIXIT_'s are - makes me wonder why the old non-compiling code has to hang around
//    forever), and fixing the code so that the assumption "this is an Aftermath game" is no longer hard-coded, but can 
//    change at runtime. (Which is what should have been done when Aftermath was created.)

And you can find many DVD related stuff throughout the code - MPEG stuff mainly. Maybe we should contact Denzil Long and ask him, what he remembers about it? maybe he even have something related to it

There isn't much information really available, but from what has been found it out there was supposed to be a special big-box re-release of Red Alert and its two expansion packs on DVD with the videos in MPEG (640x400 format).

I don't think there was even a preliminary press release?