Map - Pit Or Plateau (Expand issues)

Weaponx

I just think there are other answers in game other than the out of game fix.  Just saying it opens the game up to doing things differently than you would on tezz. Therefore it's a good map for diversity of gameplan. Your having to do something you wouldn't normally do. Or something the other player doesn't have to do. 

The entire map is different then terrace, thats not the point. The point is, the advantage is  to big for one player. And if he is good you wont have cash noor harvesters to do anything, and a fix to 1 spot on map, on the hill, make it flat, so you can place an silo is fine?

Has no one else noticed that the tactical advantage map, the Top Left spot literally has more tib/trees than the other 3 spots combined as well as much better access routes (harv paths and expand paths) to them?

Has everyone forgot that the crater map is the one axel1212 has been playing for the history of TS since BR has an unfair advantage over TL?

Weapon is making a good point about pit plat as well, but unfortunately reason isn't appealing to some.

Sorry guys but I have to laugh?

This thread just proves exactly what we were saying, minor changes etc etc, now you guys want to edit the maps too, because you have to make MCV's and it's unfair. In a few years, You will end up changing the hole game and I can bet anything on that, there will be no stop to this. 

Edited by mjvd2019
  • Like 1

How is it fair, that player A can make 1 silo and expand, and the other play B cant he has to make an cy?

Thats a game changing advantage, so making 1 area flat for one silo on the hill would make it fair and available to expand?

that's not changing the map, its make it fair and balanced, just like the fix to Terrace TL.

Stop being delusional about the "future" because people want to fix small issues which is completely fair to fix.

Edited by Weaponx

Like I said in the other thread, you guys don't want to play TS, you want to play these new RTS that everything is symmetrical and equal. 

TS isn't that way, wasn't meant to be that way and you can see it by the maps for example. 

I totally agree with Steel on the previous posts. 

49 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

Stop being delusional about the "future" because people want to fix small issues which is completely fair to fix.

Delusional? Well some of you want to "fix it", I don't see any need in fixing it. 

I love how TS is, irregular maps etc etc, this game  differentiates from any RTS because of  those exact things.

We will never meet eachother on this matter, and I don't think anyone is wrong here. 

I only see a few options here, either you guys keep playing the maps with the VET PATCH and we play the original like it is now or if for some reason this VET PATCH goes permenant just give us an option where we can still play the game on original mode. 

It has noting to do with map symmetry, it’s about being able to expand, so both players have the same opportunity, and not where one is stuck giving the other player all the benefits.

It’s would just as stupid as playing bbg where one has blue tib and the other has pure green. If you fail to understand this, then I have nothing more to add.

7 hours ago, Weaponx said:

it’s about being able to expand, so both players have the same opportunity, and not where one is stuck

So building a MCV to expand isn´t good enough?

It´s a different tactic/way of expanding. Why do people go for 1 ref Dizz or do 1 ref to eng rush, it´s a risk you take. Back in the day some good players had the problem that they couldn´t expand from TL in Terrace and they would make a MCV and send it to TL expansion, isnt that the same?

Ok you can´t expand with silos or whatever ,adapt and change the tactic. I don´t think i´ve seen anyone playing it lately but since you want to edit everything because it´s "unfair", then edit the map HEXTREM or whatever it´s called where BR is surrounded with ice and water.

IF you play a good player, making a CY will put you far behind. That logical. I will beat you 20/20 games on that map, if you got that spot where you cant expand. It does not matter which tactic you use.

That said, if you cant see its unfair, then you are a lost cause. Any pro player can see it. I play all maps and overall my win/lose ratio is excellent over the last 3 months on ladder. I lose to tiger and corps, and thats about it, and yet i have a better win/ratio score vs them. I have no issues, but it is not fun to crush people because they cant expand, nor is it fun to play vs a high level player where he gets advantage of being able to expand with the cost of an silo, where i need to use build time and money to make an cy and drive it out.

I play all maps, but if the unfair bs is so large, there is no point. The point of a 1v1, is to balance it out somehow, if you got an open spot you tend to have more tib, if you have a closed spot, you tend to have less. It has nothing to do with “rushes and tactics”.

Like i said, its the same as playing BBG, where i get blue tib and you get green. No player in their right mind would want to play this.

*Back in the day i could always expand with a ton2, or bug build (which was fair since the distance was same), for me it was not an issue.

Btw,. How is it an issue for you, that one tiny area is made flat, so a player can expand? I dont see the issue at all. 

Anyhow it will be edited whether you like it or not. So no point in whining about it.

Edited by Weaponx

Firstly, the maps aren't supposed to be symmetrical. I'd argue that MOST of the maps on the ladder are nod-favored, having one or a few narrow entrances, map teeming with tib veins/obstacles making it impossible for gdi to use ground units early, long distance maps with ion storms. All of these favor nod, so   if you don't want to play it, reject it, or convince the admins to limit the ladder to solely symmetrical maps (which would be fair, but boring).

Secondly, you definitely don't have even close to a winning ratio or even matching win/loss vs me, including on your hiding logs that you made to abuse the ladder, so let's not go there. Just because you record literally every game and post every single win you've ever gotten and I don't, doesn't mean you can construct this false narrative to try and back up your point.

I never said the maps should be symmetrical, did i?

I also clearly said, i play all maps, but maps specific like this one, needs one fix, a tiny area on hill so a full silo can fit, and not half a silo. Since Br on this map can expand with silo and tl cant. (You beat me on this when i had TL, cause i got behind econwise due to expand, when we reversed this map, you got raped).

No doubt you are a solid 1v1 player, but you have always been getting rekt by me and still do.

You need to recheck ladder records, i clearly have more win ratio then you have vs me.

And i  do not post every win vs you,  that's just an far fetched idiotic statement.

This month you had few lucky games, especially where  i get shifty spots like on  this map,

This Month : 9-6 (Shredded, versus, snk, i did not play you with rapidfire )

Last month: 13-8 

Above is just ladder games, check youtube for ffg games.

So dunno who you got me confused with, and not every nod player you face is  me. Steel, trz, wuss and few other people tend to play nod in ladder.

And for the record: It does not matter which log i use, it does not change the fact you lose, nor can you see  who you play, but only the fraction.

But all that is besides the point. This topic was about 1 map which needed a very small fix, in order to expand.

Edited by Weaponx

We will never agree on this , i know but just to clear some points you made.

Yes that spot it´s unfair or hard to play in but is it impossible?I believe not. You probably have to be on top of your game to pull a win on that spot, but that´s what make games interesting, challanges and being able to win when the odds are against you.

Unfair , hard doesn´t mean impossible to me , thats my way of thinking in life and won´t be a game that gonna change that.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, Weaponx said:

The point of a 1v1, is to balance it out

Why you even play oficial maps then?Just make you own 1vs1 maps, because no oficial map is fair in Ts.

Like i said, its the same as playing BBG, where i get blue tib and you get green.

Isn´t this similar to be BL vs Tr in Terrace?

How is it an issue for you, that one tiny area is made flat

Modifications are my issue mate i like to play the original and this "changing thing" wont stop till you guys modify the hole game and ending up killing it.

Anyhow it will be edited whether you like it or not. So no point in whining about it.

Yeah edit everything, to me this thread is closed, i pointed out my view like everyone else did, i just hope, i will still have the right to choose and play the original one whenever i want?

Edited by mjvd2019
  • Like 1

I find it hilarious you compare it with Bl/TR ter, the fact is, you can actually expand on that ter. So no its not comparable.  (Nor is a BBG where got pure blue tib and other pure green, are you high?)

When i say "fair" on this, i mean all players should be given an equal chance to expand, in this way all maps on TS are fair. Yes tib might be far on one map, or player A has more tib trees then player B, but on all maps all players can either expand or none of them can, this is what is called fair.

anyway think what you want. Changes will happen, then what will you do?

On 8/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, Tibermach said:

Lol so build a CY... you have the solutions! 

This.

If you choose to play the map then you know what you are in for. 

In the spirit if fairness, play twice and swap spots like it was always like previously.

These little kinks in the maps are what make them original and interesting.

If you want complete fairness then go play bbg or some other symmetrical map

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

Its a ranking map, you got no choice if you get the bad spot :(

I dont want complete fairness as i said, i mean just both players should have an opportunity to expand at least.

Think about the money it takes to expand, and then compare that against making an MCV.

Being a ranked game you need to accept the map for what it is, so much of this game has been modded unnecessarily already

• Like 1
  • Check 1

Yeah so BR makes an1 silo and makes a ref, while TL, has to spend time to make an cy, then the cash to make an cy and then try to expand by driving out the cy.

All needed was make 1 spot flat on TL, so there is place for one silo, and its done. Thats not a change at all, its a fix.

In your definition it's a fix.

I consider it a change that doesn't need to happen. 

TS has been going 20 years now and it's always existed like that, just like the spots on forest fires that got changed for example.

Rather than adapting to it people want an easier life.. and 'fixed' them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Check 1

I'm all for different maps and style, but the disadvantage is so big, its kinda awful especially on a ladder map, so "swap pos" not going to happen.

It is a minor fix (since half a silo can fit on hit, so why not flat it so a full silo can fit).

But it i guess some players need the benefits to win games...

All other maps you can expand even on FF, which on ladder is the original map, not changed. Even terrace has TL fix, yet this is seen as acceptable? Its kinda funny how some things are ok, and others arent?

Anyway im sure it will be changed, then people can live with it or not.

Edited by Weaponx

Nothing I have mentioned indicates I deem anything okay.

I stopped playing when all these maps were changed and 'fixed'. It took away an element of tactic to the game which didn't have too much strategy to begin with.

None of the changes are good in my opinion. If people don't like a map then don't play it. 

Because of the changes, some people only wanted to play those changed maps and stopped playing the correct versions.

Goes along the lines of being able to control other team members units. Who ever came up with that and implemented it is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1