Map - Pit Or Plateau (Expand issues)

Weaponx

There you go. Welcome back old man haha. 

Yeah TL fix was before my time. 

Since I've been back that's the only map which was played.  I've just had to accept that otherwise I wouldn't have started playing again at all. 

Just because these changes have been made previously doesn't mean they should be implemented as a permanent thing. Original TS should always be kept the same.  Then you can make your mod maps for your fixes as has always been the case. 

You know I don't mind the allow ally control because that's something which can be on or off so it's a choice which players can agree upon before game. 

The only thing is it appears these mod maps (and ally control etc) sneak their way into every day play eventually and then kill the game for old skooler ww players, which is the biggest shame of it all really.

I mean you really needn't have made a topic about having this map changed. Just have a private word with a modder to get your fix.  It doesn't need a permanent fix. Its not broken. Just get them to put 2 versions in the ladder again.... 

Or, with some maps is it possible to get an automatic rematch? So the game ends and starts a new one right after the end screen with the positions swapped? 

• Like 1

Original ts is filled with bugs, so lets take your idea:

Keep original ts with all the bugs of units, alt, v etc.

And get a vet version with the fixes.

Thats one solution, which i and humble thought would be a great idea.

Why, Because it seems players are cherry picking what is ok to fix and what is not.

But as i said, the people who runs the server decides, its pretty simple. TS is not run by EA/WW anymore, they gave away the rights to an outside source. 
If people dislike this, they can make their own server, it aint hard.

Anyway im off forums, since i think most of the people post bs, and are clueless about ts.

All i can say: Enjoy the changes when they come or not. ;)

12 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

Original ts is filled with bugs, so lets take your idea:

Keep original ts with all the bugs of units, alt, v etc.

And get a vet version with the fixes.

Thats one solution, which i and humble thought would be a great idea.

Why, Because it seems players are cherry picking what is ok to fix and what is not.

But as i said, the people who runs the server decides, its pretty simple. TS is not run by EA/WW anymore, they gave away the rights to an outside source. 
If people dislike this, they can make their own server, it aint hard.

Anyway im off forums, since i think most of the people post bs, and are clueless about ts.

All i can say: Enjoy the changes when they come or not. ;)

Every game has bugs, even after patches.

"And get a vet version with the fixes.

Thats one solution, which i and humble thought would be a great idea"

"Some players are cherry picking what is ok to fix and what is not"

Couldn't agree with you more...

Unless you have became the owner of CNCNET, "But as i said, the people who runs the server decides, its pretty simple. TS is not run by EA/WW anymore, they gave away the rights to an outside source. 
If people dislike this, they can make their own server, it aint hard." then that is irrelevant.

What has happened is that ideas and opinions have been taken from some people and not others. A lot of players know about the bugs and glitches however that doesn't mean everyone wants things to change. Others may want things to change.

If someone creates a map which has their own things on it like changed Vet status' then that's fine for them to have. Allowing players to change the core game as they see fit is ridiculous.

The CNCNET team have done a fantastic job in keeping the C&C series alive, but allowing players to mess about with the game itself will kill it all over again..

Every change should have an optional yes or no to play and not get forced on everyone else.

• Like 2

Do you know what the vet changes are? Its minor changes, you can read about them.

I agree with them, so does a lot of top players, like humble, sky, etc.

But some people like OP Gdi and if you give them a little challenge they cry.

95% of ts players play Gdi, because nod is to hard. Im not saying nod should be easy, but when top tier units die to low level units like a cc dies to 1 titan that Q´s, because it misses 4/5 shots, its kind of stupid.

All games get nerfs and buffs, this should include ts and would have if EA/WW didnt give up the project.

• Haha 1

When I was playing against so called 'elite' players who could play both nod and gdi, including myself, the faction didnt really matter too much.

The games were always fun and interesting. To say gdi is OP is a bit of an overstatement.

You know how to play nod mola, someone else that plays nod enough and spend time playing it effectively will always compete with a top tier gdi player. That's facts.

Alot of people complaining about gdi being over powered clearly haven't spent enough time getting good at nod. 

• Like 2
  • Check 1

When did alt get changed? 

I never used v ... I use v now for pasting my building down... lmfao 

This is it though, so many changes already... how far from TS does it go? How much nostalgia to loose. 

The changes for placing buildings and repeat last building I think came from out of nowhere... all of a sudden space bar kept bringing up a screen in front of the game... and I was like wtf is this how do I get rid of it argghhh lol then I had to assign my keys and use the new function to keep up with others.

• Like 1

More players actually play VET and prefer it, even when i join games they are already set as vet. either 2v2,. 3v3 or 4v4s. 

Make a poll and check it out, last time people were for more for VET, which is why it was included in rankings.

Vet makes some useless units more useful, that goes for gdi and nod.

Anyway we all have our opinions and preferences, cant agree on it all.

Edited by Weaponx

Tons of old players like/prefer vet.  Maybe its the other factors that are deterring people from playing TS as much.  I get tired about hearing people complain about stupid stuff and all the same players always playing the same map gets old as well.  Lack of clans really puts a hurting on things as well.  TS been in lifesupport for the past 10-15 years.

Nobody is saying dont have vet. Just I think it should be only an option thats clickable as some others have said. The ladder shouldnt be tibsun half time, firestorm others, vet some, vet not others. Like what the fuck. I cant keep track of that shit. lol. And symmetrical maps like yall keep wanting isnt what ts is about. Ts was always about different spots and diff tactics. Thats why I love TS

3 hours ago, Tibermach said:

The players remaining will play vet wont they. Every change seems to loose current players and/or stop old players from returning. 

Name one person who has quit due to it?

The game gets repetitive and you need breaks from it.

The lack of community hurts more than anything. What made this game great was multiplayer games with pre-set teams.

competitive players lose interests because they want to come and play with their friends but they can’t because there is no clan system and all the bitch artists on this game cry if teams are random.

I only enjoy TS when my friends are on my team. And There are times when I play 10 games throughout a night and only get to have my mates on my team once out of the 10... sometimes 0. That’s what makes me want to not play more than anything. I don’t want to risk having to team up with people I don’t like.

• Like 1

The topic of this thread isn't even vet, or symmetry, its one player not being able to expand and the other being able to, but a lot of you take so much pleasure in arguing for the sake of arguing that almost every one of these topics gets derailed into some stereotypical stubborn minded tangent, which is why the majority of people don't even bother posting in these threads.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Humble said:

The topic of this thread isn't even vet, or symmetry

It´s about all the changes you guys want to implement.

13 hours ago, Humble said:

its one player not being able to expand and the other being able to

Not being able? Both can , one just has to expand in a diffrent way, so it´s harder, ok like i said that´s how you see top players.

• Thanks 1

Ender stopped playing rank cus of all the map changes from OG TS. There you go. He played a lot of matches but hardly anything was original.  I've not seen him play since. 

You say about community but you wont play with people 'you don't like' those out of your circle? Fair enough makes sense to me. 

Theres not that many players to choose from anymore and if theres 4 players of roughly the same level then it doesn't make much difference who you team with. Just adapt... 

And this change map topic is very similar to change units or game etc etc so not really off topic. Same shit different topic... 

Weapon wants to fix... I actually started off by saying it doesn't need a fix just build an mcv.... should of been closed there and then if that's the case.    

Ender told me stopped because he got 1 reffed all the time and found it borring.

Nothing to do with maps, and most players including me, dont like most of the maps, yet i play them.

Its not the maps, its small issues as the topic said, where you cant expand.

Its not the same topic at all. There is different type of changes, to units and to edit maps a tiny bit to make it more fair. This is one map which needs a fix.

You do say a lot of nonsense, and yet whined in a 1v1 about position lmao. You tend to forgot on that map you whined about my spot was all OPEN all sides, and you had closed area easy to keep un-scouted.

I said needs fix. Humble said he will fix it, Topic closed.

Edited by Weaponx

Wait a second, so you don´t like most of the maps, you want to change the units clearly because you don´t like it too, the game has many bugs, what you exacly like in TS then? This is our point, you guys don´t want to play Ts because you simply don´t like how it works, you guys just want other game.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Humble said:

but a lot of you take so much pleasure in arguing for the sake of arguing that almost every one of these topics gets derailed into some stereotypical stubborn minded tangent, which is why the majority of people don't even bother posting in these threads.

Oh so now "arguing" is bad, how are we supose to solve our diferences (diferente way of thinking)?

Are we supose to say something and all the others just say "yes"? I don´t understand.

The majority (and this is what i think , we cannot know what the other person is thinking specially though a PC) don´t post here because they don´t care what happens to Ts.If Ts shuts down tomorrow 99% of the people would just move to other games.

The people " fighting" for this game future, more or less, have been the same for years so i don´t understand your statement.

If these forums aren´t meant to discuss things , then i don´t know what´s the purpose then.

Edited by mjvd2019

I said one specific unit needed to get buffed a bit, this  being the CC missing 4/5 shots on a titan. Maybe you should actually read whats been written?

That said, im not against VET, as its minor buffs.

Yeah i dislike most of the maps, but since im pro, i can play them all, vet, fs , none vet which the current ladder is a mix of.

However, if we talk MAP CHANGES, i want to change 1 specific (other topic) map on ladder, so its expandable,  as said, i didn't say anything about all maps?

That said, i am in for putting some more fun (also balanced) maps in the ladder.

Note: Balanced doesn't mean symmetric, i don't know which idiot linked that together.

So try to cut down on making idiotic conclusions about me.

Edited by Weaponx

3 hours ago, Humble said:

"you take so much pleasure in arguing for the sake of arguing" and obviously have issues with reading comprehension.

I´m " arguing" because i think it´s relevant, just because it doesn´t meet your way of thinking doesn´t mean that all that have been said is garbage.

3 hours ago, Humble said:

and obviously have issues with reading comprehension.

Yeah sorry, i definitely have alot of gramar errors , but English isn´t my native language?

3 hours ago, Weaponx said:

I said one specific unit needed to get buffed a bit, this  being the CC missing 4/5 shots on a titan.

You may have only specified the CC but what about the cyborgs and wolvs , ticks , VET changes etc etc.

That said, im not against VET, as its minor buffs.

Mate i already understood your side ages ago, and i respect it, now can you understand mine please? Just allow others to play the game how they know it, make an option that let people , either to play the original or with your changes, simple.

i didn't say anything about all maps?

Have you also read what i said ?