Map - Pit Or Plateau (Expand issues)

Weaponx

Why would i want to make a cy, when my opponent can make an silo and ref?

He will be ahead econ-wise and ill be behind? That makes no sense.

It would be easier to edit the map, so i can expand just as fairly as he can?

Edited by Weaponx

• 2 weeks later...

What about crater (the map axel plays) having BR overpowered and TL rather bad spot.  What about bridgehead always giving one player tons of green tib + huge blue tib patch, and the other spot being rather lacking.  Then you have tactical which literally has more tib in TL than the rest of the map, as well as significantly more trees than any other spot and the patches/trees being significantly easier accessed?

Really wack 1v1 maps indeed.

• Like 1

Change this, change that. It seems to me , what you guys are looking for, are these new RTS games, where everyone has the same type of units, the same economy, where the maps are all symmetrical , etc etc.

If I may give my  5 cents in this subject , you guys should stop all these changes to the game ,I speak in my behalf and I may say ,it ruins the fun for me. I consider myself a player that plays all types of mods and all but this is going a bit too far in my opinion.

You guys created the VET maps, which I play when I have nothing else to play, and which i’m not against because I see it as a mod map, but I don’t agree if you guys implement those changes to the game permanently.

I also don’t think NOD is weaker or needs any buffing .In my opinion, NOD needs more skill and patience to learn, as in my years of TS I have encountered a few guys who mastered it and could beat any GDI player around or at least give them a hard time, such as inaccurate, anac0ndaX, dach, stef, Seb, TRZ, Corps, no1irco/ (hark? I´m not sure of it) and now moiajax or [NEM] (I know there are others players worth to mention), they had the courage to try to master NOD and in my opinion they did it, they proved NOD can rivalize with GDI anytime.

Tiberian Sun, will always be my favorite game because of all these things, NOD being the “underdog” ,the different tech tree, the maps not being symmetrical , some spots being harder than others, so what if it is harder to expand from a spot than the other, just  adapt and don’t make the things easier by editing it...so what if the CC misses shots against Titans, maybe CC isn’t meant to defend  against Titans…like I said adapt, the players i mentioned above would/can work this around and win, the various tactics such as harvester bombs  etc…If you guys want to make any more changes , make as a VET map not permanently please. I don’t think TS was ever meant to be even, just different from any game that we know and I’m sure that’s why some of us play it since 1999.

Now if I may make a request to the moderators of the site and game, bring back clan games or at least a 2vs2 ladder. :)

Ps.: I´m not against namehinding or having 9 logs either…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah alot of changes remove the nostalgia for especially old players returning. I know I've seen old players come back they see its changed and don't log back on. Think the classic needs to be kept as original as possible with any new upgrades additional being a tick box to enable... there is already plenty of mods out there and this ts has already lost its authenticity/nostalgia for old timers. 

The vet changes are minor, and not unfair or bad.

As said a CC should not miss 4/5 shots on a low lvl unit.

Normal mode: It take 2 titans to kill a CC.

Vet mode: It takes 3 titans to kill a CC, can still be done with 2 if its a skilled player.

EA/ westwood would have changed it, if they didn't close shop. Unlucky they stopped at that exact time and later on Xwis got server control and rights.

Anyway maybe when you play lesser skilled players it "doesn't matter", but if you play higher level players, specially GDI. In 1v1 or 2v2, you will have issues, it wont just be hard, but horrific. Then again you never play "high lvl/ decent players" in 2v2 like i do, ive seen you in few 2v2s where you get pummeled when its higher level players, and yes, now and then you wash or win, but the majority of games you don´t (vs high lvl). Anyway my point is, as mentioned an upgrade where the CC only miss 3/5 instead of 4/5 is not bad noor unfair. 

Sky, humble, trz, energy, Red, Seb, Ray, Carnage etc all play VET and do not complain about it. Even tiger now a days.

Implement it into the game and people can honestly live with it, since all games always gets adjusted, buffed, nerfed etc.

This isn't 1999 and there is flaws in TS.

You talking about being "original", well i cant use "ALT", which is a valid tactic. I cant use "V" which is also a valid tactic to locate the enemy in dark areas. (I used both in ORIGINAL TS). And they aren’t bugs, and was also possible in FS.

Edited by Weaponx

Lol seen you get pummeled a ton too... that's why you crying for upgraded nod all the time... shit happens u win some u lose some but I'd rather keep ts as original and classic as possible at least in one area of the community... as I said plenty of moded ts out there for you to go and play 

Sexpro trz ollie and me all managed nod before the newb map trends started so it doesn't matter , I've owned everyone in 2v2 and 1v1 with nod on tezz (unvetted "unbalanced") yeh it takes a few ownings to figure it out but it's not impossible.   

This mod is only to balance nod v gdi on one map... lol there is no overall imbalance just on tezz and that's the main reason it was invented. 

Keep it to individual maps and or a tick box allowing vet. 

• Haha 1

Bro ive played this game long before you, and im telling you, besides the fact im better then you 1v1 / 2v2, and i play with skilled high lvl players, unlike you. Nod needs a buff and the cc buff is fine.

I dont get pummeled at all, infact i win most of my games, if we playing high level games.

If you think putting me in a 2v2 with an allie like Wonder, and losing is something i consider a "lose" you are wrong.  I am not crying for an upgrade, im telling you and the community of ts that nod is simple hard to play, and it should be more balanced. The majority of players play gdi, because they can not play nod.

You rarely play 2v2 with skliled players, ive not seen one video of you beating (for instance) tiger/toprush in a 2v2, or even specced one. 

There is an imbalance, you just dont want to face it.  I mean my GDI is horrible, yet i managed to rek you 7-8(ladder) times in row when you played nod on random maps. Thats enough said.

You want to keep it original, so bring back Alt and V ? If not you are being a bit hypocritical arent you?

We dont need a tick box, we just need few changes implemented IG, basically the CC fix and the Star Unit fix. 10x kill value takes to long.

But bro is fine, keep uploading videos to players like wonder etc. (this level your right, nod is fine for you)

I dont expect to see videos of you owning players like humble, cambria, toprush, etc-. 

PS: Just your 1st comment on this topic for map balance, shows me that you must be high. 

Edited by Weaponx
  • Confused 1

Yeah mostly too high to be playing ultra competitive.  I play mainly ffg. I still whooped your candy ass though. Point is? I got bored of waiting for competition. 

Just put some cream on it... one of my top vid is you getting engie rushed on the ground Haha ? 

I'll let you beat the nubs and I'll beat you like a nub. Make of it what you will. 

nod is difficult on tezz... that's all. Rise to the challenge or go gdi.. No need to change the whole game because of it. Damn. 

Bro 1/15 Wins doesn’t mean your better, it just means your lucky :) 

Look at the stats on ladder the last 3 months and see how many times you beat me ? 4/50?

all I said is cc needs adjusting it’s a high level unit and should not miss 4/5 shots on 1 titan.

and the vet makes it miss less 3/5.

you see this one change as an issue ? Yet you seem fine with the alt and v removal ?.....

Btw. You can’t compete top level, being high has nothing to do with it, you just aren’t that level yet, but you got potential.

Edited by Weaponx

Lol alt and v are long gone and yeah I havnt played for 20 years straight like some. 

Lol 1 out of 15... the last 2 games at least are in my favour Haha and yeah you compete at a higher level but you still need some work my boy ;)

I never had to use Harvey bombs either... 

I just don't see the necessity for changing what already works well. 

CC has a different set of objectives... it's been owning perfectly for the last 20years.  

I admit playing you takes more effort but occasionally I'll put in the leg work. As seen on YT lol 

I still had 4 years break ? 

My point was(which you missed) , if you played higher level games you’d see how hard it is to play specially vs good gdi players.

but since you don’t, you can’t say the cc is fine when it misses 4/5 shots. Making it miss only 3/5  changes a lot in high level gaming.

Correct: the CC is fine when you play the players you play. 

Anyway some moron went way off topic, I said fix the maps  so it’s  somehwat Balanced  with tib and tib trees, and expansion options.

The game has always lacked classic tournament maps. Terrace is so popular amongst high level players because it is about as even as you can get in the TS map pool. The game has always needed new tournament focused maps that are balanced but in keeping to the original TS map aesthetics.  

• Like 1

This is a sensitive matter, because the community won't be unanimous on this. 

Mola you're the top player nowadays, no argue about that and you obviously don't need any buffing in your game. What I see is that if you keep the game original, we will always have the same people playing like we been having all these years, if you implement these changes, with a tick box , you will devide de small community left. With a no tick box and the changes being permenantly, some players will leave, that's for sure. It will be you guys choice. 

Edited by mjvd2019
  • Like 1

CC 100% needed to be buffed to not miss shots

Otherwise...some minor fixes such as map balance (ff br for example) are good things for the game

as for the vets...personally they can just remove the vet system all together, it wont really matter

Cute to see you guys bicker in 2019 -_-

• Like 2

What? 

You've changed your tune...

I loved the comment where you called me an idiot more.

But what are you actually saying?? That the vetbal doesn't make a difference? So you want to implement it across the board? Lol!

Or it does make a difference? So you want to implement it across the board... for the greater good of more people taking up nod as their number 1 faction to play with... 

W.e. but back to topic keep the map the same as it promotes diversity of gameplay. It gonna make you build an extra mcv early. That's different. 

You cant just change every map so that it suits one way of play. It's a rts... change it up a bit. Send some engineers on foot to your opponents mcv or something I dunno. 

You really are a moron.

Making an extra cy to expand, where the enemy has to make one single silo to expand, is not unfair?

I recall you was whining on a 1v1 ladder game vs me, because your tib was to far  and mine wasn't on the expand? Make up your mind?

Btw: All maps are different, and tib placement is different, but most of them are pretty fair, but not being able to expand where another player can on his position is unfair and should be fixed.

You take that spot where you cant expand, you will get raped 10/10 games due to that issue easy. Want to  put it to a test?

* Vet changes are minor, but effect nod enough to help the gameplay. Overall it should not be an issue for other players.

Like using 3 titans to kill a cc instead of 2. (can still be done with 2 by a skilled player).

did you even read about vet, or you just jumping to conclusions like you have done the entire topic?

BTw. vet was tested and feedback given by the top players, including me, nme, humble, sky, tight, cambria etc.

You unfortunately don't hit that level. Thats why you weren't consulted.

Edited by Weaponx

What? Lol! I might of had a grumble at the time but don't go calling for the map to be modded and realise I'll have to do things differently next time. Whatever that may be. Try summit. 

Yes make an extra mcv you really are capable the game allows this. Yes it's unfair-ish but that's what it's all about using a real time strategy to figure it out and not cry it's unfair so change it. Or just play a different map and reject it. 

Capitalise on your disadvantages and turn them to advantages? A spare mcv could go a long way. Or maybe (God forbid) you don't expand and play a bunker game with mass bans for the win? I'm sure there are more options in game rather than just "oh it's so unfair so change the map" 

Maybe you just gotta make sure you kill you opponent quicker when I  that position? 

There is no right or wrong answer as such but there are options other than change the map to suit my style.