Vendetta's Maps and Mappacks

Vendetta

well yeah but they cant just download it from cncnet5 lobby.

Random players will join your game but some may not want/know about requirement of custom graphics, and it would get annoying if you had to endlessly post links in your lobbies to download a bunch of stuff for a small mod.

I already pointed out I had similar issues trying to get other people to play my mod. (btw if you're interested the rules.ini complete conversion is 98% done)

You get me all wrong, I do big mods(mod maps).

its a fairly small mod imo, bigger mods like red dawn or C&C revolution have their own installers and complete campaign overhauls (idk if revolution does, but red dawn does), as well as massive graphical overhauls and other things.

You can still regard it as a mod and how good a mod is has no relation to size, but you have only rules.ini alterations as well as a few minor .shp alterations, nothing very large.

The basic idea is either go full overhaul and get a new installer/directory with loads of fancy stuff, or go small with just rules.ini, going inbetween gets very little support from other players (speaking from experience of course).

I'm not saying your mod is bad, I'm saying that replacing a few .shps with things that you have to download externally isn't going to go down well with most casual/lazy/new players, which make up a large proportion of those who will play these maps.

Hello folks,

I present you a new idea of a modification.

The idea is to put RED ALERT into MEDIEVAL AGE.

Basics of the mod map will be based at the EUROPE MAP and will contain completely customized graphics and sounds(new mix file, not downloadable with cncnet"not yet").

Also will different unit types appear... the unit types will have completely different rules and have special damage types that deal with other unit types better or worse(e.g. Spearman vs Horseman/Knight).

Press on VOTE(no need to download it but to press it) if you want to play such a mod. 60 VOTES required to make this mod be created.

Until then... happy voting

Cheers

Vendetta

...this isn't Kickstarter, you know. And clicking a random attached image does nothing :roll:

I know it isn't Kickstarter but if views are 60 and votes 60, I am going to start it. Plus I don't want money from them. Just proof that they are willing to download the content which is required to play it and I don't want to waste time if nobody(or too less people) downloads and plays it.

Dude, the amount of views under that image goes up for everyone who even opens this thread, since the image is embedded under the post, and thus, everyone downloads it automatically. Heck, it doesn't even count unique views; it goes up from just refreshing the page :dry:

If you want to create a poll, just make a fricking poll, but don't try to use systems in ways they aren't intended, especially if they don't even work the way you think they work :roll:

I doubt we even HAVE 60 regulars on this forum, though.

Dude, the amount of views under that image goes up for everyone who even opens this thread, since the image is embedded under the post, and thus, everyone downloads it automatically. Heck, it doesn't even count unique views; it goes up from just refreshing the page :dry:

If you want to create a poll, just make a fricking poll, but don't try to use systems in ways they aren't intended, especially if they don't even work the way you think they work :roll:

I doubt we even HAVE 60 regulars on this forum, though.

I don't think that it works completely but it makes me enough confident to create a project.

There are some problems I have with these maps, including a cut-off England (invincible because no navy) and the insane costs, they just take soooo long to build. Don't be afraid to sacrifice the look of your map to make the gameplay better (make a bridge thingy between England and mainland Europe)

There are some problems I have with these maps, including a cut-off England (invincible because no navy) and the insane costs, they just take soooo long to build. Don't be afraid to sacrifice the look of your map to make the gameplay better (make a bridge thingy between England and mainland Europe)

First... on which SPECIFIC map do you have those problems. All maps are as much as possible balanced, WWI has Bombers and Artillery to deal with heavy defences, WWII has combined arms(Defence isn't that strong, USE tanks only or with artillery to deal with) or if no/not much air defence arround with "YAK". Mordern Warfare has MLRS to deal with defences. Future Wars has XEON Annihilator and the Avenger jet. And GDI NOD(CNC95) has the standard units/buildings of CNC95.

So be more specific with your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

Here I present you the new version of the mappack.

Changelog:

- Crash fixed

- Speznas (crash, oos) fixed

- Speznas appearance/unit changed to "flame trooper"

- Speznas has now same walking speed as Seal

- Speznas has now same sight  range as Seal

- Speznas counts as much as a Seal in the END SCORE

vendettamapmodcollectionv14.rar

vendettamapmodcollectionv14.zip