Oil Refinery (RA) building + icon

AchromicWhite

I've been working on this oil refinery for the RA1 mod I'm (still) making slowly (but surely).

Not much more to say, other than, there is an oil tanker truck coming, much of it is done, it just needs filling animations.

Here it is, to blow your minds. :D

3 files are in the rar, the regular state and the damage frame, the build up animation, the comeo (icon).

Any problems, let me know. I tested it myself and it worked just fine though, so should be no issues.

-White

Damage frame now more dramatic, thanks Nyerguds, for the idea. Came out great.

proc.png.83964d366b1bec5e171c8396bcb9e83f.png

procdmg.png.a406dac1792f897201ed51a785b5a50a.png

procmake.gif.43782de46d388ece5c66deec7abaac64.gif

procicon.png.dccc5283073f97f95db6328f2c24e0eb.png

Oil_Refinery.rar

Wow that's awsome man. Is that a replacement for the ore refinery?  How are you replacing ore? Replace the ore mine with your oil derrick and ore woth oil barrels? That would be pretty cool.

Looking forward to your mod. I've slowly been working on one myself.

Thanks guys, Nyer's already come up with some more ideas for the damage frame, so I'm going to go ahead and draw that on now.

Nyer already knows how I'm going to do this... but it will need special maps to work. The derrick will be used, but will only be eye candy. Ore will be replaced with a "fill up" zone next to the derrick, ore regrowth will be turned right up fast and either have the ore trapped in, or make it not spread.

I've got a tanker, it wont "dump" it'll have a pipe that will be hooked up to the refinery somewhere.

-White

Thanks guys, Nyer's already come up with some more ideas for the damage frame, so I'm going to go ahead and draw that on now.

Nyer already knows how I'm going to do this... but it will need special maps to work. The derrick will be used, but will only be eye candy. Ore will be replaced with a "fill up" zone next to the derrick, ore regrowth will be turned right up fast and either have the ore trapped in, or make it not spread.

I've got a tanker, it wont "dump" it'll have a pipe that will be hooked up to the refinery somewhere.

-White

So a similar element to how Tiberium is handled in TD?

Not really, it'll play the same as an ore truck on a map with fast regenerating ore. It just has new animations and just a few squares of ore (because they regen quickly).

You'll know what I mean if you've ever played maps RA like P4 online. If you haven't played P4. Start up cncnet and ask someone to play P4 with you, it'll give you the map upon playing them, as long as they host it.

Not really, it'll play the same as an ore truck on a map with fast regenerating ore. It just has new animations and just a few squares of ore (because they regen quickly).

So kinda how it's done in TS after you harvest the actual field :P

Thanks guys, it's nice to see that people actually care that I make these things... I sometimes think no one gives a shit about making new things for modding really old games. And it is pretty time consuming making this stuff, although, this one was quite fun, I must admit. Maybe because it's my first whole building.

-White

I hear you White--I feel the same way about a lot of the stuff I make, and don't get the encouragement. :) Still this is about you: you are doing a great job, the only other refinery I know about is Nyer's one for his C&CSW one and the harvester was a little weird on that (yes I know this is RA).

• 2 weeks later...