CnCNet Client Beta - Lots of exciting updates, testers please come forward!

Grant

A lot of exciting changes are available to try out, including true campaign support, Spawner rewrite, inclusion of Phobos and Ares, Net7 upgrade.

Here is the full changelog: https://github.com/CnCNet/cncnet-yr-client-package/pull/288
To stay up to date on progress, follow this link above.

Please note:

• Windows XP support will be dropped with this update.
  • Online lobbies will only be shown to those also on the Beta update. So don't be alarmed about no-one hosting games.
  • There are still some Phobos/Ares features that are still to be turned off by default, but can be configured in the client. Such as building previews. This can be configured in the Game tab if you would like to enable/disable the feature.
    image.png

Testing:

• Everything needs testing, both the client and in game. Try your custom maps, make sure they still work. etc etc. Can you host lobbies with your friends succesfully? Is the campaign working as intended? 

image.png

image.png

How to test Beta

1. Select the "BETA" update channel from the client options. Options > Updater > Click save
    image.png

2. Once the client restarts, you will be asked to update. Note, you should see this as your client version to see the new updates.image.png

3. Note it is easy to revert the update, simply go back to client options and select "Live" until you no longer see 9.0.0 migration in the client version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Grant pinned this topic

The first thing I noticed is that in the ra2 mode, the color of the indicator for loading vehicles by soldiers is wrong. Should be green, but it's white.

From the pleasant, I noticed that a bug with oil freezing by chrono legionaire has been fixed. After defrosting, it continues to work and bring money. This makes me happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CCCP84 said:

I can supply you with a whole list of fixes that need to be fixed for the RA2 mode. I have already written this many times.
So far, i have to fix this for each map separately.

Sure - that would be really useful. Thank you

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Sure - that would be really useful. Thank you

Bug with the elite flak trooper, that becoming weaker than the regular flak trooper.

It have to be:

[FlakGuyAAGunE]
Damage=20

--------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a problem with Yuri Prime in RA2 mode, which can control 10 units at a time, while in the original RA2 he can control only 1.
Definitely 10 controlled units is wrong, it makes the game run out of chance for the opposing side. The value in the original RA2 is correct.
Should be:

[SuperMindControl]
Damage = 1

There is also a problem with selling alliance units in cloning vats in RA2 mode. It is profitable. This shouldn't happen. The "Soylent =" parameters were corrected in rulesmd.ini, however, not corrected in rules.ini for RA2 mode.
Here it is necessary to bring the "Soylent =" parameters in accordance with the rulesmd.ini (YR).

[CLEG]
Soylent=750

[E1]
Soylent=100

[PTROOP]
Soylent=500

[SNIPE]
Soylent=300

[SPY]
Soylent=500

[TANY]
Soylent=500

Psy-Sensor in RA2 mode still not able to unmask spyes and mirage tanks. In original RA2 it can.

In RA2 mode, there is no "AnimList=PIFFPIFF,PIFFPIFF" animation, this is the animation of infantry weapons and pillboxes, and there is no "AnimList=MININUKE" animation, this is the animation from the explosion of elite dreadnought missiles and elite V3 missiles.
when it explodes, nothing happens. No visual effects.

As I wrote before, the color of the indicator for loaded vehicles by soldiers in RA2 is wrong. Should be green, but it's white.

The transport helicopter could be repaired at the repair depot in original RA2. Now it can't. (This is not a very big problem)

Edited by CCCP84

Those adjustments that I wrote about above undoubtedly need to be applied. But I have some more comments and suggestions for optimizing the game, but they should be the subject of discussion.

For example, increasing the splash for the patriot rocket. 

I would limit Yuri Prime's range to 25 in RA2 mode.

MCV should not spawn from a crate.

Alliance players should not be able to produce Soviet MCV, and vice versa. Only steal, but do not produce new ones.

Features of shooting at underwater units and others.

If such a discussion gets the attention of the people who are involved in changing the game, it can be started.

I also suggest making a separate button in the client interface for displaying the map briefing, if there is one for the map. By default, it should not be displayed. It should appear when the button is clicked. If there is no briefing, the button should be inactive or absent.

Remove the sound from the waterfall. Because of this terrible noise, you have to kill half of the waterfall that makes noise. It cannot be used on the map. Instead, I add a separate sound.

Edited by CCCP84

4 hours ago, CCCP84 said:

The transport helicopter could be repaired at the repair depot in original RA2. Now it can't.

Have you tried landing it with Alt? It works with jets.

4 hours ago, CCCP84 said:

I have some more comments and suggestions for optimizing the game, but they should be the subject of discussion.

For example, increasing the splash for the patriot rocket. 

I would limit Yuri Prime's range to 25 in RA2 mode.

MCV should not spawn from a crate.

Alliance players should not be able to produce Soviet MCV, and vice versa. Only steal, but do not produce new ones.

Now we're talking rebalancing.

If you guys are gonna apply these changes, please add them to the rebalance patch and not the original game. TY.

8 hours ago, Grant said:

Could he supply the problems he was getting? Maybe a video and to upload any log files that were causing some issues?

i've already solved it, but there's another problem. I have always used default renderer on windows 7, but on windows 10 it cannot be used due to extremely low perfomance. And with other renderers, i have an input lag that was missing when i used the default renderer

Edited by cok

I absolutely love the beta update. Nothing bad about it. :D
I tried Skirmish, Campaign, Online. No issues. (though no beta-testers were online at the time to play with). 

I like the new additions, like build time and power consumption.

BTW, I noticed that the default game speed in Skirmish and Campaign is set to Faster, not Fastest.

On 8/27/2023 at 10:58 PM, CCCP84 said:

Our friend tried to run this on windows 7 for several hours today, but without success. Installed all the required programs, but in vain.

I tried it on Win 7 and it worked. Just had to install the required runtime and redist.

If you're having any issues with Win 7, try running the client in fullscreen: Options => Display => Fullscreen Client.
I was getting an error and that's how I fixed it.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:23 PM, CCCP84 said:

The first thing I noticed is that in the ra2 mode, the color of the indicator for loading vehicles by soldiers is wrong. Should be green, but it's white.

Not just in RA2 mode; also in YR.

On 8/28/2023 at 1:48 PM, Ra2Nub said:

When trying the beta version and reverting back to live, all my map previews broke

My friend, this is not a problem. It's actually a fix to an old problem.
Before updating to 9.0.0, some maps didn't have previews. Now all maps show previews, so it's fixed in the new update.

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

I absolutely love the beta update. Nothing bad about it. :D
I tried Skirmish, Campaign, Online. No issues. (though no beta-testers were online at the time to play with). 

I like the new additions, like build time and power consumption.

BTW, I noticed that the default game speed in Skirmish mode is set to Faster, not Fastest.

I tried it on Win 7 and it worked. Just had to install the required runtime and redist.

If you're having any issues with Win 7, try running the client in fullscreen: Options => Display => Fullscreen Client.
I was getting an error and that's how I fixed it.

Not just in RA2 mode; also in YR.

My friend, this is not a problem. It's actually a fix to an old problem.
Before updating to 9.0.0, some maps didn't have previews. Now all maps show previews, so it's fixed in the new update.

My friend, Grant provided instructions and mentioned at the end its easy to revert back to live. I report to him that reverting back to live did in fact not work and broke my installation completely. Please try not to constantly sound aggressive towards me as I am some stupid person, thanks.

Also yes before you ask the next aggressive question I did let cncnet installer re-download all the required files to play back on "live".

Edited by Ra2Nub
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ra2Nub said:

My friend, Grant provided instructions and mentioned at the end its easy to revert back to live.

It is indeed easy to revert back to live.

I report to him that reverting back to live did in fact not work and broke my installation completely.

Did not work and broke your installation completely just because of that "different files" message? :blink:
I tried the beta update and reverted back. It didn't break anything, except that I got that message, which isn't a disaster.
Even if you had to force update, not a big deal! I force-updated several times before, which is nothing to care about.

Please try not to constantly sound aggressive towards me as I am some stupid person

WTF, bro! Now this is really shocking. I'm calling you "my friend" and you consider that aggressive?
I was trying to be nice, and that makes you feel offended? Weird.
There's nothing aggressive in what I said. Not a single word.
I even upvoted your comment on that.

Also yes before you ask the next aggressive question I did let cncnet installer re-download all the required files to play back on "live".

I wasn't gonna ask, and even if I was, that won't be aggressive.

So, you force-updated, which is (again) nothing to speak of.
"Had to force-update to get rid of that message". So what?!

Sorry if I unintentionally hurt your feelings, my dear dear foe.

Deep condolences because you had to go through that terrible ordeal of having to force update.
I can't imagine having to wait for 2 minutes to update and recheck my preferences, which I already screenshot to make things even easier.
It must've been an excruciating experience. :(
We are all with you. Stay strong.

Please try not to constantly sound aggressive towards me as I am some stupid person

Not stupid at all.

Edited by Sam-I-am

Guys, I found that a very unpleasant bug has been fixed, when the Harves at long distances began to move towards a distant refinery. Now everything works as it should! This is wonderful. Now its possible to create large maps.
Now 2 of my good maps that were unusable due to this bug can now be used. This is wonderful.

• Like 1

Another small suggestion on how to make the game better. There is no refinery animation in RA2 mode. In YR, when the harvester unloads ore, smoke comes out of the chimneys. This does not happen in RA2. It would be nice to apply this to the RA2 mode too.

Edited by CCCP84

On 8/28/2023 at 11:48 AM, Ra2Nub said:

When trying the beta version and reverting back to live, all my map previews broke and every room I joined notified me as a "cheater" for having modified files, had to re-install to fix it.

Ah sorry about this. I think for future tests of this beta build - perhaps clone your RA2 directory for beta tests.  

Theres probably a file the updater didn't remove entirely, and then the cheating message has probably counted it.

17 hours ago, CCCP84 said:

He already installed windows 10

Hmm OK. Has it worked on windows 10?