What a nice job was done to the Good Ole´ Red Alert!!!

Loveoldgames

I was just testing and having some fun with the new Iran´s patch and it is pretty much the coolest Red Alert I have ever played.

The fact that it supports whatever resolution you might want makes it sooo damn nice, plus it runs without any problems whatsoever on Windows 7, just like a modern application. Plus it runs in 32 bit color mode so it goes back and forth from the Desktop immediately, unlike those old 16bit color applications. These things might not be so important for most people but they are pretty damn awesome to me.

Also, you can either run at your display's native resolution or select a smaller resolution and get it stretched, and I quite like the blurred appearance with the linear filter.

Great to see my beloved old games get hi-res and modern OS support.

Nice job overall, thanks for doing it Iran and everybody that contributed.

On 2/10/2013 at 7:49 PM, Allen262 said:

The patch is quite cool but the last one I got from Redalert95.tk is a little complicated to install and mod.

yes i moved over to a webinstaller/game updater, but i put all the updated files now into expand3.mix, so they wont be hard to find for you

you can just make an empty folder and place a redalert.mix inside of it, then choose this folder in the installer and check "patch existing installation" .. this way you can extract the files

i can also give you single files if needed

I downloaded it (My add and remove programs say Iran 0.9) but haven't give it a major look over. I did see all of the mix files have been moved all over the place. Also the expand3.mix... It wasn't made using XCC so trying to use XCC Mixer with it is causing lots to crashing of XCC Mixer or expand3.mix is damaged. I don't know what the names of the .shps added to it. Most of the .shps files add don't show a name but an ID number. I haven't .shps use ID number in at least 5 year if not 8.

I was able to find the needed name for the extended side bar by seaching the RA95.exe and make my own extended side bar but the shock dead and beta Tesla Tank I have no name for so I don't know what they do/are for.

Other than the extended side bar were other fixes/update made like fixing the multiplayer map issues? I know Iran is working on adding new theaters to the patch but that has hit a bump...

iran gave me these files for the sidebar, i think those are from arda .. i know xcc got problems with it, dunno why tho .. the beta tesla tank can be used with some extra setting later, you don't really need to take care of it.. and the shock .. hmm that might be a leftover from arda, gotta check it out lol

yes the problems with the multiplayer maps are fixed too

FunkyFr3sh

XCC don't like mixes made or edited by other programs. I know a number of them were made using the DOS based RA-MIXer. The best thing to do is extract all of the files and give the files names if they need them (If you need the names for the extended sidebar I can give the to you.) Repack all into a XCC or Westwood made mix.

I take it the Tesla Tank swap option is still being work on than? I'm guessing the updated maps are expand3.mix as the general.mix is blank..

Iran

The Marooned II bug you posted and the others are Central Conflict Extreme (AM) King of the Hills Extreme (AM) and

Holy Grounds (AM)

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2173.0;topicseen

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2169.0;topicseen

The beta Tesla Tank option is done.

Marooned has been fixed by changing the code in my patch so ToInherit= doesn't work for multiplayer maps, the AM maps still need to be worked on, we also need to test if they will desync with people running the original versions of the maps or w/e.

Like this:

61. Converted the "Counterstrike Missions" menu into a "Custom Missions" one. The "Aftermath Missions" menu has been converted into an "Expansions missions" one. The expansion missions will be displayed in this menu. The custom missions menu displays map files CMU0EA.INI up to CMU999EA.INI. Make sure the custom mission has OneTimeOnly= set to 'Yes' or the game will crash after showing the score screen or glitch up.

62. Added a new map keyword TutorialFile= under the [bASIC] section. This keyword can be used to load a custom TUTORIAL.INI file for your map. E.g. "TutorialFile=DERPTUT.INI", to load DERPTUT.INI. If the keyword is missing TUTORIAL.INI is loaded.

62. Added a new map keyword TutorialFile= under the [bASIC] section. This keyword can be used to load a custom TUTORIAL.INI file for your map. E.g. "TutorialFile=DERPTUT.INI", to load DERPTUT.INI. If the keyword is missing TUTORIAL.INI is loaded.

Question... can you make it so that if present, the [Tutorial] section is simply read from the mission ini file itself?