Could someone do some map fixing for me?

Iran

But its a nuke explosion, so the screen would brighten up and freeze for a second. Surely you cant miss that.

Except you don't see or hear anything. At all.

DVecN8B.png

Straight after the first 'Reinforcements' audio cue I rushed the exit (which does have a small shroud reveal). There are no pillboxes and no demo trucks, or anything to show for those audio cues. What you do get are groups of allied rifle/rocket soldiers spawning from the exit as well as the three allied tanks and a mech at the intersection.

There is also a part where you can turn off the power for 5 minutes where auxiliary power comes on afterwards. All this does is turn fog of war on. I'd have to test, maybe its linked to the gas chambers, but i didn't do that to save the soldiers.

Perhaps you could show the mission map and where the pillboxes are? There were only two I knew of along the top of the map, and they are destroyed at the terminals.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this Lets make a steal. I fixed the Demo Trucks so they work every time. The stock mission they wouldn't come on to the map at all or rarely they would below up before comming on the map. I also fixed things so your one men you can save from being gassed won't attack the Phase Transport.

All Allied forces will attack the Phase Transport. Before some of the Allied forces wouldn't attack the Phase Transport. FYI the Pillboxes at 49 & 30 can be destryed by going to the computer panel to the left of the War Factroy. Some of you may have done this so you never saw the Pillboxes at 49 & 30.

scu42ea.ini.zip

FYI the Pillboxes at 49 & 30 can be destryed by going to the computer panel to the left of the War Factroy. Some of you may have done this so you never saw the Pillboxes at 49 & 30.
Ah ok, that explains that. And glad the demo truck reinforcements have been fixed.

I'll test a load of these maps soon and report back. Good effort.

Try this Lets make a steal. I fixed the Demo Trucks so they work every time. The stock mission they wouldn't come on to the map at all or rarely they would below up before coming on the map. I also fixed things so your one men you can save from being gassed won't attack the Phase Transport.

Ok saved men do not attack the phase transport, and demos come in this time which is cool. I also like the fact the prison has a shroud reveal showing the enemy (although might be nice if it occurs when you are in the walkway going into the prison).

The odd thing is that the infantry from the prison cells can't shroud reveal properly?

gEitBza.png

3IqAGXw.png

And I still don't understand why I would take out the power, its a complete hindrance  O_o

scu08eb.ini works fine, no allied flamethrowers. One question though, does game difficulty affect mission triggers? I remember in the original on hard, attack groups of boats and tanks would attack my base, but this time on easy I don't think I actually got attacked.

My change to the Time Flies mission to fix the Ore Truck issue didn't work.

Allen262: RA95 still has logic to write all the objects/parts on a map to an INI, with a function for every object type. There's also a non-functional map editor mode.

r34chTry the new one below and far as I know DarkVen9109 is right unless Iran can look and see if there is somthing else with in the game that changes how the game makes teams for each difficulty.

Iran

Give my Time Flies mission a try.

I ask since RAED dosn't always work well with stock missions. It seem to always break a trigger or two. A lot of the Let's Make a Steal triggers were missing USSR from any triggers that used  "Event #:  Entered by... *SIDE*". Some happens to Time Flies that I don't under stand. The Heavy Tank dosn't run once the Chrono Tanks apear on the map and load on to the Transport. It just stays still.

To get around this I hand copy and pasted a new HARV teamtype and put Ore Trucks on the map so RAED couldn't mess up the Heavy Tank trigger at the statr of the map or any other triggers.

Some maps I won't edit at all in RAED since it breaks the mission and I can't found out why. One Mission that need to be redone but can't be is Brothers in Arms. If I'm recalling right once you win the mission every thing is listed as Soviet losses when it come to units lost and building destryed You may only see one Allied unit lost as Tanya will land on a beach and you can kill her but that is the only Allied loss shown on the win screen. I'm 99.9% sure it was this way in v2.00.

If you could get the map editor mode functional Brothers in Arms could be fixed.

New_Lets_make_a_steal_scu42ea.ini.zip

Time_Flies_scg44ea.ini.zip

I know it deletes invalid mission types on units (e.g. the original version of the first Allies mission 2 Allies rifle infantry are deleted cause their mission is messed up), but fucking up triggers is really bad. Does this also affect missions made with RAED? I expect not. What changes does it do to the triggers?

How were you playing to fix Brothers in Arms?

I'll link your fix for Time Flies in my CNCNZ.com thread. Are you sure any of the fixed missions you've posted before don't have broken triggers because of the RAED issue?

Iran

I think RAED is some what incomplate as it dosn't understand some RA triggers. You can make mission fine with RAED. It just some stock tiggers it can't understand so I have to redo them if I know they are broke but some tigger look fine but don't work in game right.

Just opeing Brothers in Arms and saving it with out edting any thing will break the mission. When the Spy come out of the Forward Command Post you get a Mission Failed. Why I don't know. Both Allied 9 mission if you saving with out edting any thing will cause Kosygin to NOT come out of the Forward Command Post no mater how many Spys you send in. Editing Nuclear Escalation can cause the Allied AI to order all units to go into Hunt mode at the start of the map.

To fix Brothers in Arms the Ukraine needs to be changed to an Allied side house. Ukraine is a Soviet House. I can play Brothers in Arms and make sure that the win screen was doing this but like I said I'm 99.9 sure it was.

I'm sure all but scu13ea.ini will work. Some one will need to test scu13ea.ini. scu08eb.ini I did by extracting the mission with XCC Mixer and find the [TeamTypes] than looking for a E4 in the [TeamTypes] that with teamed with Allied units and change it. Soviet 6 A and B I extaracted 2 copies of the missions with XCC Mixer.

One set I used RAED to remove the APC from the APC1 and APC2 TeamTypes. Than I copied the APC1 and APC2 from the maps edited with RAED to the unedited missions. This way the only thing changed was the APC1 and APC2 TeamTypes for both maps. I also something like this with Time Flies to try to fix the Ore Trucks and Lets make a steal I tested my self.

r34ch

Volkov could do that before and will do the same if you re-order him into the Tech Center as well.

Give my Time Flies mission a try.

The AI doesn't spam OTs anymore which is good, only the two were present on the lower ore field. But, when I found them, they weren't mining ore, they were just sitting there. This meant I barely got attacked again.

When I ran a bunch of units through the lower base the OTs started to move as normal though.

Only other small detail is right at the start (even in the original) when the TT zaps the church building, you hear a civilian death and tanyas death as three civilians run out. Since tanyas death sound is unique, perhaps change that one to a different death sound.

I've got these map fixes, I need to have a fixed version of Time Flies too, is the latest 'Lets Make a Steal' fix okay for inclusion?

95. Included a fixed version of Soviet mission 13 variant A (there's two map choices for this mission). The original mission is bugged in that capturing the Chronosphere (which is supposed to be required to win the mission) causes you to lose the game. The B variant of the map works properly. The mission fix was made by Allen262, issue reported by r34ch.

96. The Allies on Soviet Mission 8 variant B produce Flamethrower infantry, even though the Allies can't build them (this is because building prequisites for mission autocreate teams are ignored). This has been fixed and the Allies no longer produce Flamethrower infantry on this map. Fix made by Allen262, issue reported by r34ch.

97. Fixed a glaring misplaced tile just to the west of where the Soviets start in the final Soviet mission (mission 14). Issue reported by r34ch.

100. Fixed Soviet mission 6 variants A and B so you no longer get APCs at the start of the mission. Fix made by Allen262.