Time Quake in RA1?

Bullet

Hello,

do someone of you know what the Timequake in RA1 is??

In the Rules.ini under Powerups (crates generation)

there is one Powerup called TimeQuake, but i have never get this Powerup in a Crate!!!!

Even if i change all powerups in the rules.ini, so that you just can get a TimeQuake, you will get money in all crates but no TimeQuake!!!

Is the TimeQuake maybe an Error???

please help!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

you are lucky cause whenever i get a crate 40 percent chance is tht it is a time quake

According to RULES.INI, there is a 20% chance of a time quake when using the Chronosphere, and the chance of getting a time quake crate is the same as for parabombs, invulnerability or sonar pulse. However, I never observed a time quake actually, and IIRC editing RULES.INI to always get time quakes also gave no results, as described above (I have been able to get chrono vortex that way, but never a time quake).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

That's the Chrono Vortex, not the Time Quake.

According to Hyper, the Time Quake is connected to the Aftermath MAD tank. I remember that in multiplayer it only has a local effect, but in single player (see mission "Absolute MADness"), it damages all buildings and vehicles on the entire map to 1/3rd of their health. Apparently, this IS the Time Quake effect.

I think you're right. I remember I tried testing the TimeQuake by setting its chance to 100% in rules.ini, but IIRC it did not work. I suppose this was v2.0, so it could have been that the logic was already recycled to be used as the MAD Tank weapon. I'm not sure about this though.

well skirmish is different altogether though. Either the MAD Tank doesn't use the Time Quake in MP/Skirmish, or the effects have been changed, but the original single player MAD Tank does damage over the entire map. If I remember correctly, the multiplayer MAD Tank only did local damage.