C&C1(CCMap) What faction do Multi1-6 play as in single player custom missions?

i found out you can't really play as them(black screen) but can still have them as opponents and when you capture their construction yard they use both factions. still thanks for the reply

EDIT:  kinda late Funky i ran like 10 tests gave to see why i can't play as multi myself :P

Multi1-6 are the houses used for the multiplayer players. In single play, they don't have a side defined, and basically have a combination of GDI and Nod stuff.

You can play as multi sides, but it's not advised. Their radar logo will be ugly non-refreshing black, and if you're not on patch 1.06c, your game will even crash after finishing the mission, because these houses don't have a score screen defined for them.

In 1.06c, you could use them (though I wouldn't advise it), by adding "RadarLogo=" in the [basic] section of the mission to override the player's radar logo (you can use GDI, NOD, JP, and, if you're feeling adventurous, WW and EA). You can also use the colour scheme controls under the house headers in the ini to change the house colours.

Of course, they still won't have a score screen, and will just skip to whatever comes after that (depending on whether it's a campaign mission, a minicampaign mission or a single mission).

You can also use house Special. That side does have a radar logo, namely the dinosaur one, and can also use stuff from both sides. Using Neutral is not advised, since they can't build anything at all :P

If you're NOT running 1.06c won't the game also crash well trying to load side specific sidebar resources? That's the case with RA95 with Civilian and Special.

Not as far as I know. It's just the radar logo, and it just becomes the typical non-refreshing black. I've seen loads of old custom missions (ab)using the multi sides, and they all work fine until the moment you actually win and it crashes.

i guess i just use Special then, and change their color to teal. thanks for the reply nyerguds

Well, on non-1.06, Special will crash on win just as well, so it doesn't matter much. Any nonstandard side does that; only GDI and Nod have a score screen.

Personally I'd just use GDI and Nod in missions, without the dual side tech. It's a neat novelty, but not really anything interesting to use in a mission, in my opinion.

If you're NOT running 1.06c won't the game also crash well trying to load side specific sidebar resources? That's the case with RA95 with Civilian and Special.

Not as far as I know. It's just the radar logo, and it just becomes the typical non-refreshing black. I've seen loads of old custom missions (ab)using the multi sides, and they all work fine until the moment you actually win and it crashes.

i guess i just use Special then, and change their color to teal. thanks for the reply nyerguds

Well, on non-1.06, Special will crash on win just as well, so it doesn't matter much. Any nonstandard side does that; only GDI and Nod have a score screen.

Personally I'd just use GDI and Nod in missions, without the dual side tech. It's a neat novelty, but not really anything interesting to use in a mission, in my opinion.

it's a good idea and is a good way to limit technology, i guess Multi players will fill in for the side i'm taking over since they build what you make them build

For AI sides it doesn't matter at all. You can make GDI build SSMs and Obelisks if you just script it for them. An AI will never build units that aren't specified in the Teamtypes, and can build any unit from any side without any problems.

Do note that AI superweapon triggers (nuke and ion) don't work correctly for any sides except GDI and Nod. If you're GDI and a mission trigger with the action "Ion Cannon" is activated, it will instantly recharge your ion cannon. You need an Advanced Com Center to fire it though, of course. The same thing applies to the nuke for Nod, though you can only fire it once as player, even if the trigger 'recharges' it. If the AI is GDI, and has an Advanced Com Center, the Ion Cannon trigger will make the AI attack with the Ion Cannon. They will not have the normal recharging superweapon though; they will only use the ion cannon if it's triggered. Again, the same applies to a Nod AI, for the nuke and Temple.

On a related (and somewhat strange) note, the 'Airstrike' trigger action will always give the Airstrike superweapon to the House that activates the trigger, even if this is an AI side! AI airstrikes are normally not done this way, but by reinforcing a team of A10s in a Time trigger loop. This way also allows you to destroy the Airstrike trigger. Once a House has the real Airstrike superweapon ability, though, there is no way to take it away again.