---------------------

Mission Description

---------------------

GDI has developed a new and improved 'super ion cannon' which represents

a dire threat to the brotherhood.  Located within this city are the 4

Advanced Comm. centers used to coordinate this weapon. Destroy them at

any cost!.

So I was messing around with triggers and figured out how to make an insane

ion attack and I decided to build a rather difficult mission around it.  There is

a way to get a stealth tank and an airstrike if things get too tough for you,

but try to figure that out without looking in the .ini file :P

-------------------

Please let me know if you find any bugs.  Comment if you love it or hate it, your feedback helps!

super_ion.zip

superion2.gif.dc873d566351dbabae5fd6f99efe0650.gif

looks like really hard mission. will give it a try after i mess with triggers for my mission a bit

also making multiple Ion/Nuke/Airstrike attacks happen on player is really simple really, either making seperate triggers that do the same thing with some time units away from each other or 1 trigger that repeats itself over and over(Insta game over)

EDIT: played it, and lost twice, first time cause the GDI troops that came from the bridge killed me as soon as the mission started and the other time i lost cause my commando got sniped. i noticed there is no lose trigger so you cannot lose the mission, and at the start you pretty much have to wait for all reinforcements to arrive if you want the mission to be easier, will do a re run a little latter

also making multiple Ion/Nuke/Airstrike attacks happen on player is really simple really, either making seperate triggers that do the same thing with some time units away from each other or 1 trigger that repeats itself over and over(Insta game over)

there is no rapid fire nuke option no matter how many temple's you have.  As for multiple airstrikes, my map 'outrun' (from the 5 minute missions pack: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1938.0 ) pretty much makes best use of that.

i noticed there is no lose trigger so you cannot lose the mission, and at the start you pretty much have to wait for all reinforcements to arrive if you want the mission to be easier, will do a re run a little latter

No lose trigger?

lose=all destr.,lose,0,badguy,none,0

And you can wait all day for reinforcements to arrive, but 'TIME' is not what triggers them! ;)

anyways thanks for playing!

weird the lose trigger does not work for me, i lost all units and mission did not end and i had to restart manually, maybe it was a bug that happens only once(the first time i played i restarted before harvesters were destroyed, second time i just used them to get to adv. comm. centers for no reason)

and yeah i noticed time doesn't trigger them, destroying unit does, but still once you get most of them and get to the airfield(which i haven't located yet and INI file does not help me cause i don't understand scrables, i only use it for quick fixes)

It's a very nice map and you've designed a formidable fortress, but the mission wasn't really that hard. I did have to restart it a couple of times, mostly due to misclicks with my stealth tank. It'd end up losing a lot of health whenever I accidentally targeted a shack or something. Points for interesting (and scary) patrols, but I think the enemy should've been more active. Like for example more patrols or an all to hunt trigger when you finally reach/attack the comm. centres, so you would have to destroy them very quickly, before you get killed. I took my time with minigunners. It's pretty doable without the airstrike, but I'm actually afraid to try it without the stealth. Maybe will try in the weekend.

• 1 month later...

thought I'd bump this topic by saying ha I did it.

Like it or not I had to use the stealth tank so I could Squish all the enemy commandos

because AI controlled commandos are just argh.

ha.. thanks for the bump, bro.... no shame in using the stealth-- that's what it's there for.  I like to use the harvs for that, too, but it takes a little finesse.  Hopefully I can get my fraps working long enough to record myself beating this without stealth or airstrike, but it's been a little while since I've played this mission.  Thanks again for playing!

I couldn't work out how to get the airstrike though

I use the harvs to block the bridge at the start and use south advantage to kill the guys and the humvees before they get past

I actually managed to keep all 5 flame guys alive too

note, I haven't played this, but If the airstrike is given through a celltrigger, stealth tanks can't trigger it for some dumb reason.

Interesting, guess I'll take a look at that too :)

Actually, it seems to be like that due the Cloak and Dagger mission.

note, I haven't played this, but If the airstrike is given through a celltrigger, stealth tanks can't trigger it for some dumb reason.

the airstrike is not given through a celltrigger and I personally like that stealths don't set off celltriggers unless decloaked.  Although I guess it would be nice to have it as optional.

the airstrike is not given through a celltrigger and I personally like that stealths don't set off celltriggers unless decloaked.  Although I guess it would be nice to have it as optional.

ALOT of stuff in this game would be nice to have it optional :P Westwood could have done this game with a more flexible engine :P