What triggers/trigger action would you guys like to see?

Iran

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Tech Buildings if possible.

Although that's not really a trigger, it does make me think that something like "Set Tech Level" could be useful in missions.

e.g. Capture a structure, change the player's TL to something higher (or conversely, lose a structure and change it to something lower).

add a new building/unit that they can build to the sidebar.

This is a point; is it possible to edit a map's definitions to customise a unit's appearance and cameo, like in Arda? For example replacing the standard ANT1 SHP with another vehicle by using a keyword (e.g. Image=/Icon=  )? I know you added support to give them 32 facings, so it crossed my mind to allow special units for some missions. Something such as (straight from my old Arda mod):

[ANT1]
Image=6TNK (automatically calls for 6TNKICON as build cameo)
Turret=Yes
Facings=32 (automatically assumes 32 facings each for chassis and turret)

Obviously this example would require another .mix file with the graphics required, but I'm just wondering if it's possible at all (or at least how much can be done at the moment).

I think it works better if you actually replace the icons/shps rather than just using image=

e.g. see my mod or red dawn, where the ants have been replaced with units

That would affect the entire game though; I just want to use special/unique units on individual maps if possible.

I haven't added a keyword to change the facings yet, but I know how to do this.

Image= already works.

I just added a 'give credits' trigger action, with support for giving negative amounts of credits. Yes a simple and boring trigger but I got everything figured out now.

Every trigger action can have up to 3 parameters.

Not related to triggers but I also found something hidden for map makers: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2599.msg16276#new

Okay added a trigger to add buildable stuff to the sidebar. The following requirements and behavior:

1. Superweapons can't be added from the looks of it. (use the other triggers for that)

2. The unit needs to be ownable by the player (i.e. "Owner=soviet,allies" under the unit type in the data files)

3. At least one production facility that produces the type of the object needs to exist.

4. Once the last production facility of that type is destroyed and you rebuild one, the unit won't be automagically re-added.

Although that's not really a trigger, it does make me think that something like "Set Tech Level" could be useful in missions.

e.g. Capture a structure, change the player's TL to something higher (or conversely, lose a structure and change it to something lower).

Can't you just emulate that by giving a bunch of stuff that tech building as prerequisite?

Can't you just emulate that by giving a bunch of stuff that tech building as prerequisite?

If there's only one of them on the map and the objective is to capture it, then yeah. But say there's an objective to capture x amount of whatever structure, or merely send a spy to infiltrate something? Prerequisites aren't as flexible when it comes to this sort of thing.

The Chronoshift idea almost works as is. The Ants use it.

Name:      ant7

Owner:    Spain

Existence: constant (any linked event -> switch)

Type:      and (event1 && event2 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Destroyed by anybody

Event 2:  Global is set... 7

Action 1:  Reinforcement (team)... ant7

Teams:    ant7

and

Name:    ant7

Owner:    BadGuy

Priority: 7

Max:      0

Num:      0

WayPoint: 0

Trigger:  ant7

Team:    Ant 1          1

Orders:  0 Move to waypoint... 15

1 Do this... Area Guard

Linked triggers: ant7

However this only wokrs for the 3 Ants and the WayPoint they start at in this case 0 must be the Ant hill tile or the team will be reinforced from one of the edges of the map.

Yeah, the Mission_Spy() code has a call to Mission_Attack() which has special Chrono Tank teleport code, I could change it so it applies to all vehicles instead of just Chrono Tanks. Can you give me a test mission/map?

I've added the following triggers:

Give_Credits_Action: ID = 40, parameter 1 = HouseType of the house to give credits, parameter 2 = amount of credits to give (negative amounts work)

Add_Vehicle_To_Sidebar_Action: ID = 41, parameter = Vehicle internal ID number to add to sidebar (Trigger owner is used for which house to add to sidebar for)

Set_View_Port_Location: ID = 50, parameter 1 = Waypoint to center viewport around (Trigger owner is used for which house to set view port location for)

Set_Player_Control: ID = 51, parameter 1 = HouseType to set PlayerControl, parameter 2 = turn player control on/off (1/0) (Trigger owner is used for which house to give player control)

Set_House_Primary_Color_Scheme: ID = 52, parameter 1 = HouseType to set primary color for, parameter 2 = PlayerColorType to set to

Set_House_Primary_Color_Scheme: ID = 53, parameter 1 = HouseType to set secondary color for, parameter 2 = PlayerColorType to set to

Set_House_Build_Level:  ID = 54, parameter 1 = HouseType to set tech level for, parameter 2 = desired tech level

Set_House_lQ:  ID = 55, parameter 1 = HouseType to set IQ, parameter 2 = desired IQ level

House_Make_Ally:  ID = 56, parameter 1 = HouseType to force make ally another house, parameter 2 = HouseType of the house that will be allied

House_Make_Enemy:  ID = 57, parameter 1 = HouseType to force make enemy another house, parameter 2 = HouseType of the house that will be enemied

EXE here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

NOTE THESE TRIGGERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE