What triggers/trigger action would you guys like to see?

Iran

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added two trigger actions. One to capture all objects attached to the trigger and one to iron curtain all objects attached to the trigger. You can set a custom Iron Curtain duration if needed. If a duration of 0 is set (or something else really low) the Iron Curtain effect already applied before will disappear on an object. This can be used to first Iron Curtain an object for an (almost?) infinite amount of time and then later removing the Iron Curtain effect.

I'm still trying to figure out to calculate frames for the custom Iron Curtain amount..

New triggers actions I'm thinking of adding:

1. Sell buildings attached to trigger.

2. Repair buildings attached to trigger..

New trigger actions:

Create_Chronal_Vortex: ID = 58, parameter 1 = waypoint to create chrono vortex at

Nuke_Strike_On_Waypoint: ID = 59, parameter 1 = waypoint to drop nuke on

Capture_Attached_Objects: ID = 60, parameter 1 = HouseType that will capture the attached objects ( you need to attach the trigger to the objects to capture)

Iron_Curtain_Attached_Objects: ID = 61, parameter 1 = Amount of frames the Iron Curtain effect will be active for or -1 to use the duration defined in RULES.INI, can be used to remove the Iron Curtain effect to by using 0 as parameter ( you need to attach the trigger to the objects to Iron Curtain)

Here's the newest EXE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

Almost nothing is left of the ingame editor and editing RAED is too hard, RAED is written in a Pascal-based language too from the looks of it.

It really dosn't make since to do all of these new triggers and have no good way to use them. Did you also look in the old Demo RA95.exe to see if it has more of the ingame editor?

can you rename the file ? i dont think its good if there are different versions of ra95-spawn around, people might forget to rename it to ra95.exe and then it will be a out of sync party on cncnet5

(that already happened before when alley used a different version you linked and used it on cncnet5)

I've added three new triggers:

Create_Building_At_Waypoint: ID = 62, parameter 1 = StructType to build, Parameter 2 = waypoint to create, Parameter 3 = HouseType that will be the owner

Set_Mission_Attached_Objects: ID 63, parameter 1 = MissionType to set (Setting buildings to mission "Selling" will sell them, mission "Repair" DOES NOT repair buildings)

Repair_Attached_Buildings: ID 64, no parameters

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

I've added more new triggers:

New_Chrono_Shift_Attached_Objects: ID = 65, parameter 1 = waypoint to chronoshift attached objects to

Chrono_Shift_Trigger_Object: ID = 66, parameter 1 = waypoint to chronoshift trigger object to (chronoshifts the object that triggered this trigger event, e.g. "Entered By..")

Iron_Curtain_Trigger_Object: ID = 67, parameter 1 = frames duration for Iron Curtain effect (Iron Curtains the object that triggered this trigger event, e.g. "Entered by..")

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

Almost nothing is left of the ingame editor and editing RAED is too hard, RAED is written in a Pascal-based language too from the looks of it.

I dunno. Wasn't too hard to edit.

Actually adding new stuff into an existing and space-limited exe is always a chore, though.

Iron_Curtain_Attached_Objects

Doesn't the game already have that? The "Absolute MADness" mission does that...

Well you can give adding support for those extra triggers to RAED a go then.

Those missions use a TeamType with MISSION_INVULNERABLE. That's obviously pretty limited and I don't think they work on buildings and infantry either.

Well you can give adding support for those extra triggers to RAED a go then.

Those missions use a TeamType with MISSION_INVULNERABLE. That's obviously pretty limited and I don't think they work on buildings and infantry either.

Dosn't work on buildings as that is done by teamtype and I don't think the Iron Curtain works on infantry.

I've added support for trigger actions to add infantry/vessels/buildings/aircrafts to the sidebar (I already added support for vehicles). These trigger actions are untested.

Add_Infantry_To_Sidebar_Action: ID = 42, parameter = Infantry internal ID number to add to sidebar (Trigger owner is used for which house to add to sidebar for)

Add_Building_To_Sidebar_Action: ID = 43, parameter = Building internal ID number to add to sidebar (Trigger owner is used for which house to add to sidebar for)

Add_Aircraft_To_Sidebar_Action: ID = 44, parameter = Aircraft internal ID number to add to sidebar (Trigger owner is used for which house to add to sidebar for)

Add_Vessel_To_Sidebar_Action: ID = 45, parameter = Vessel internal ID number to add to sidebar (Trigger owner is used for which house to add to sidebar for)

New EXE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that's what I've been doing. It's really, really simple mainly because it doesn't require me to handle (and test) savegames and multiplayer games. Problem is that you can't add these new editors in the map editor, so you need to add them manually to the map text file.