Lovehandles' Map Workshop

Lovehandles

After I managed to put together a handful of maps, I figured it was about time I made a proper thread for them and whatever future maps I might come up with. Criticism and any other form of feedback is very much appreciated and encouraged; don't hesitate to rip me a new one, if you deem it necessary!

CURRENT MAPS

All the black/neutral structures on the maps can be captured with a single engineer.

CHANGELOG/UPDATES

February 14th 2014

symmetry fixes for archipelago, agaaaain

lovemaps.zip

• 3 weeks later...

As requested the OpenRA conversions of your maps. There are some problems with RAED that should be fixed with https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/4566 and one custom rule that got ignored in the import.

mono --debug OpenRA.Utility.exe --map-import ra is.mpr

Ignoring unknown NoBuildingCrew=yes for player BadGuy

Ignoring unknown BuildingsGetInstantlyCaptured=yes for player BadGuy

Ignoring unknown Color=9 for player BadGuy

Lovehandles-RAED-maps-OpenRA-converted-fixed.zip

Cool maps, what programs do you use to make these maps.

So you use the ones that came with Red Alert?

You don't even need any kind of editor for adding options like one engineer capture. Only for map creating.

All you need is the "notepad" (texteditor) to do that. PM if you want to start modding and have questions about that.

We have this in RA.

You have your own OpenRA section stop pasting it anywhere else that references anything even slightly similar to openRA

In fact this forum has no OpenRA section. This was done as per IRC request as LoveHandles wanted to upload his maps at http://content.open-ra.org/?action=user_items&table=maps&id=139 and the conversion failed. It was the easiest way to upload right here. The good news is: my fix has just been merged into the development code base. RAED legacy map conversion support will be included in the next OpenRA release.

• 2 weeks later...

Really beautiful maps out there so I even was going to play those. :) In addition because of one of those that I already could reach to play was not a megamap I thought it is going to be very easy game but no. It was also very intensive fight and fun. :) I really liked that there was no special rules but just that it was very thought out. Especially I like that my allies was not going to be useless dumbs when I was successful enough amount of time because of silo and minerals everywhere between one and second side that allows to be successful only for one of them. :)

Good work! :) You really are able to create fun maps that also have a beautiful graphics.

So after all I really can justify with it even P4 maps can be also more beautiful if bothering to build. :)

We have this in RA.

You have your own OpenRA section stop pasting it anywhere else that references anything even slightly similar to openRA

In fact this forum has no OpenRA section. This was done as per IRC request as LoveHandles wanted to upload his maps at http://content.open-ra.org/?action=user_items&table=maps&id=139 and the conversion failed. It was the easiest way to upload right here. The good news is: my fix has just been merged into the development code base. RAED legacy map conversion support will be included in the next OpenRA release.

So when is that happening exactly? I was rather interested in importing some old maps I made back in the years of old.  :D  The map editor crashes every time I try and import.  :(

I love how your maps are balanced, but still look great. Very high quality maps,  archipelago is my favorite.

I have few suggestions for archipelago though: For the main Island i would suggest changing the center ore field to minerals. Change the other or fields on the main Island to ore only. This to gives the center fields a larger tactical value.

Secondly i would also change the small islands fields to minerals (higher reward), this will stimulate players to invest in a navy.

Finally, for the nothern and Southern Island i would suggest giving them a huge ore field with a lot of mines. This way they will become more important in the late game. When all ore runs out they will be the only field that automaticly refills itself. If you dont like this idea, the second possibility will be changing the ore fields to mineral fields (for the same reason as the smaller islands)

Looking forward to future maps!  :D