Jungle tileset

Tschokky

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, C&C simply doesn't check that stuff, and if they're not there when it requests them for drawing them on the screen, well, it'll simply draw nothing. If a file is actually corrupted, likewise, the game will only crash if it actually has to draw frames from the file.

So for 100% unused frames, the game won't give a damn :P

• Are the trees ripped from RA2? We can't ship those then.
  • I did not find the cool Latin American church.
  • Some houses/tree death animations (tc04.jun and friends) do not match in sprite length crashing the game.

Trees - nope, but I saw someone say on the GitHub thread that they are shutterstock.com photos, that's correct.

Church - should be in there

Missing frames - corrected t11, t15 (11 frames instead of 10) and added empty frames for tc01-05

Please don't forget to credit Adam Valy for the tileset (yep, that's me)

jungle.mix

jungle.zip

This seems to be an RA95 version again. Do you also have a C&C95 version with complete sprite sequences. We are using dead buildings (v**.shp) in the Tiberian Dawn mod for husks.

• Sequence v01.husk.idle uses frames [2..2] of SHP `v01`, but only 0..1 actually exist

After that plus the complete tc**.shp and we should be good to go (tested against funpark01).

No. I did the convert to C&C95. Tschokky only has what I posted.

Off hand I know many of the V##.shp should be 3 frames for C&C95 but I did not do so as RA1 only uses 2 frame V##.shp (V01 to V18) and the 2 frame set up worked fine in C&C95.

Anyway... It is after 12:30AM my time. After some sleep I will see what need to be fix.

So, um... why didn't you make it jungle.mix? C&C95 actually SUPPORTS Jungle as theater.

Also, ehhh... those buildings are all based on existing C&C1 civilian buildings, which have collapse frames. You could've, you know, used those, instead of just copying the last frame. Really sloppy. You realize C&C1 actually uses those frames, right? :dry:

Allen, it's really nice that you did the jungle.mix update but I would have appreciated a notice on your part. Now all my work was for nothing. So next time, tell me if you're going to do it, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time.

Well, I should be the first to be blamed for that, because I ported the desert buildings to jungle in the first case. The only modification to them is changing the dirt color. If Allen is not working on that right now, I can do it.

So, um... why didn't you make it jungle.mix? C&C95 actually SUPPORTS Jungle as theater.

You mean, if I save the *.MIX file in C&C95 folder as jungle.mix and set a map with the parameter Theater=Jungle, will it run directly?

You can't just rename the temperat.mix here, because the file contents are named *.tem while the game uses hard-coded file endings: if you rename them to .jun and place them into jungle.mix that might work. On Linux/Mac you can use the following shell script to do the rename operation

#!/bin/sh
find -L . -type f -name "*.tem" -print0 | while IFS= read -r -d '' FNAME; do
    mv -- "$FNAME" "${FNAME%.tem}.jun"
done 

http://xhp.xwis.net/ XCC Mixer is the defacto-standard to extract and create .mix archives.