Jungle tileset

Tschokky

Doesn't surprise me. In C&C1, it's actually in the list twice... once as index -1 and once as index 0. Messy. And its internal size is also 1x1, despite C&C not really having that 1x1-repeatable thing as general option for tiles.

Anyway, for RA1 we already got the tool to make tiles into those 1x1-repeating, so as long as that's done, there should be no problem :)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeod:

Tschokky is using a edited pallete. You can see it in use in the jungle final 3.png a page back. My attached screen shots will show the right color for the tress.

Nyerguds:

Yes clear is a 1x1-repeating tile with 16 frames. I think it may be some kind of error that RAED has. When Iran changed RAED to be able to use Desert and Winter. Temperate was made into Desert and Interior was made into Winter. The Interior clear was a black 1x1-repeating tile with 16 frames.

I'm thinking it is a programing bug that has always been apart of RAED but never notes before as clear was always black on the Interior maps but once the Interior was made into Winter the error is now seen. Maps in game are fine it is just an RAED error with some stock maps made into Winter.

The RAED changed by Iran to use Desert and Winter is something RAED was never ment to do. Sloppy programing yes but it worked fine until we messed with it. Maybe it can be fixed by looking at how clear is coded for Temperate/Desert that dosn't have the flaw. 

Jeod:

Tschokky is using a edited pallete. You can see it in use in the jungle final 3.png a page back. My attached screen shots will show the right color for the tress.

Nyerguds:

Yes clear is a 1x1-repeating tile with 16 frames. I think it may be some kind of error that RAED has. When Iran changed RAED to be able to use Desert and Winter. Temperate was made into Desert and Interior was made into Winter. The Interior clear was a black 1x1-repeating tile with 16 frames.

I'm thinking it is a programing bug that has always been apart of RAED but never notes before as clear was always black on the Interior maps but once the Interior was made into Winter the error is now seen. Maps in game are fine it is just an RAED error with some stock maps made into Winter.

I dunno, it still looks too bright to me. Might just be me though.

You can hex edit stock RAED to use Winter instead of Temperate. Mine uses Winter isntead of Interior like Allen262 said. I never thought about the different CLEAR1 tile behavior for the Interior theater, sadly.

Note that RAED uses Pascal style strings, in front of the string you're editing there's a byte which has the string's length, if you edit a string you also need to change this preceding byte to update the length. Other than that it's just replace all references to the theater name and short hand (e.g. Temperate and TEM).

Iran:

I'm not worried about it as the game plays fine if the map has an error in the Des & Win RAED and if people make a map from scrach the error is not seen. Only some converted stock maps seem to have it.

All others:

I started adding some things from my Terrain Expansion work that I'm stating to work on again. You can see the basic walls already shown in the "Terrain Expansion for RA1?" thread. New things are the hedgehog tank obstacles, Oil Rigs and Mayan buildings from RA2.

Ext_Jung_1.png.1ac73e75131f40f8dd40a2437b520527.png

Ext_Jung_2.png.b882ace7bddf1d590dca61317797d11d.png

That pretty much sounds amazing Tschokky. Can't wait to see what you can whip up :)

Ocean Oil rigs... him, that's an interesting building, considering there have been no floating civ buildings out there yet. Looks a little naval yard though. (I'm teasing because I know you can totally  do better, hehe).

I know, right kilk? I remember releasing CR and thinking that it was all that... and now people are starting to show me up. I need to get back to modding!

-Liam

Tschokky, take all time you need.

Since you're commenting about your projects here, I'm making a mission that requires a UH60 Blackhawk. I now have the means to design it, still lack the skills though. But the time to do it is coming and I will publish my WIPs UH60 so you *cof*white*cof* can take a look and criticize what to change. It's a massive urban warfare, half of the map is mogadiscio and I hope it works on your end like it's working here. But the Heli is holding me for some time now. Btw, if someone have already done the SHP in other projects, let me know.

Well, first, it's really well done.

Second, it's not fitting well YET.

1 - One reason is the back dome: my prejudice tells me you won't find them in the middle of the jungle very often.

2 - The other reason is the combination of colors of white and red makes it too "castelized". I think it would fit better in the (European) winter theater. Just to have an idea, if you make the tower tops in white it will become beach/tropic theater for example, so I think the prevalence of the color white is a problem

3 - That kind of construction will fit better in settlements like a forming village, so that church must be always accompained by a surrounding village.

If it's possible to ADD in the list of buildings and ppl use according to their view, I think it's ok.

If it's going to occupy a slot, then you might try an alternative design.

Btw, I'd like to know more about these slots or if we can add as much as we want or what is the limit.

I wouldn't be bothered if you keep the design, it's your work and effort, that's just a feedback.

Thanks, once again, the theater is becoming great!