Tschokky

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay...

I'm attacing my upated version. It will fix the animated water for the beach, water fall and long ford tiles (F01 F03 F04 F06) This also will fix SH22 and SH34 that were missing a row of tiles. SH08 as well that had an extra tile added. Oh and the edited Tress to fix the bleeding throught the shroud.

temperat.mix

Allen, thank you very much for your fix. Funny thing is that water works fine in my temperat.mix, I have no idea how it got screwed up in yours :( I appreciate the tree fix, they seem to have strange dimensions. Oh well, glad that's solved.

White, this is my own idea of C&C to Red Alert, the WF was made like that because the vehicle exits in the middle, so I deceided to put a chimney to the other side.

I'll try to make C&C tmps too for you to enyoy.

The water for the Water Cliff are fine give each one was hand made. The beaches has some color shift. Same for water fall and long ford tiles.

Below are 2 screens the first has the stock RA1 sh31.tem and your sh31.tem on the right. You can see the animated water as green dots that your sh31.tem has. The other is from WinEd. (If you don't know you can put your temperat.mix into your RA1 folder and WinEd will use it.) and show the error SH34 had. The map is a copy of Marooned II (4-6) changed to a .mpr so WinEd can open it.

Water_Changes.png.b8899a64a663841dcb2e68173ea95ea8.png

Sh34_Error.png.45a2762325b60ec542714731b4dc6f61.png

Well, here's the jungle terrain set with gold and tiberium. Thank you all for your valuable contributions to creating it, special thanks goes to Allen for fixing animated water and trees. C&C version will come soon, too. Now, time to rock'n roll, and test it to see if there are glitches left.

Iran: I also made them with .jun extensions, should you wish to add support. Thank you for that.

jungle-gold.mix

jungle-tib.mix

Jungle was always there. I briefly replaced it by Snow, but in the end I opted to add Snow rather than replace the Jungle entry.

The only thing that makes it not work in stock 1.04 is the fact tileset files have an "ownership" value on which the jungle theater wasn't enabled. I cleared those bit fields with 1's, so any tile can now be added to any theater.

I'm pretty sure the desert buildings from TD will fit much better in this theatre than the very European farms etc.

Tschokky,

I have this same impression of cn2mc, if you're about to add/edit buildings ...

Nyerguds,

one question: later when the theater gets ready for TD,

will we name the file as JUNGLE.MIX (and throw in C&C95 folder and change the theater inside an INI file for testing)

or

will we keep it TEMPERAT.MIX and run the game as a MOD?

For C&C95 you will need Mix Manager Lite (If you don't already have it). It works much like the RA-MIXer tools.  Nyerguds has it a  http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/tools/ You want download the MMAN351.zip. One thing of note is that you don't need to use rtmtype with C&C95 as from what I know C&C95 has the terrain types (Grass, Road, Water, Rock , etc.) hardcoded so all you have to do is convert them to C&C 95 TMP.

I also did a quick hack of the Desert and Winter RAED that Iran made. When he did the first hack he left the Snow Theater intact. What I did was edit the snow.mix to jung.mix and and SNO to JUN (for file extensions).

I also found a error with the Desert and Winter RAED. It dosn't like Marooned II (4-6) as a winter map (Works fine as Desert map). It fails to load most of the clear tiles but the map works fine in game so I guess it must be some loading error with Desert and Winter RAED.

jung_RAED.png.142895f64f7743ab8392659cbfae792b.png

Win_RAED_Error.png.0e8188f1eaae524ea7a03b61d2e4fa7d.png

Nyerguds,

one question: later when the theater gets ready for TD,

will we name the file as JUNGLE.MIX (and throw in C&C95 folder and change the theater inside an INI file for testing)

or

will we keep it TEMPERAT.MIX and run the game as a MOD?

Seems a lot simpler to use the Jungle theater entry that's available for use. Just use jungle.mix, jungle.pal, *.jun files, and use "JUNGLE" as theater in the missions.

[edit] And as Kilkakon pointed out, you also need "jungicnh.mix" for the icons. [/edit]

I also found a error with the Desert and Winter RAED. It dosn't like Marooned II (4-6) as a winter map (Works fine as Desert map). It fails to load most of the clear tiles but the map works fine in game so I guess it must be some loading error with Desert and Winter RAED.

Do note, I think the RA Clear tile is technically supposed to be one of those 1x1-repeating. Might be important.

Just the theater mixfile name cut off at 4 characters.

(Good lord, they managed to find some really ugly way of accomplishing that. They do a complete copy of the theater mix filename, then put the pointer on the position 4 bytes into that, and write the "icnh.mix" string over it , starting from that point O_o)

Basically, the only real requirement (internally, for me) for adding a theater is that its first three characters need to be a unique identifier not shared by any other theaters. Technically you could make sure the first four are unique, and use a different three-letter extension than just the first three letters of the theater name, but that gets kinda messy IMO.