Tschokky

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HA, this is cool stuff ma' !

Hey oh, Nyer, when the theater gets ready, I'm gonna put in that Amazon Assault campaign.

The jungle is massive now. Great stuff, there is even a fruit tree.

Tschokky, you could substitute that white alien thing to a rapa nui mini-statue of some kind.

Allen, I renamed the file to JUNGLE.MIX and ran it like a MOD in CCConfig. It worked perfectly.

Jacko - I think that's the original map's "feature", just like that river n-s road e-w ford.

Allen, thanks for converting to TD, I really dind't have time to do that now, it's article season now, but it will be over soon.

And by the way, any of you guys have any idea why I can't trigger an add parabombs in my C&C/RA conversion after destroying all sam sites? Triggers are fine, ParaBombTech is fine...

The water crossings need some work... in TD they only have one passable cell.

on that screenshot I think there might be an error between 2 river tiles (middle bottom)

Rivers on maps are often puzzled together from pieces that are only halves of the full river tiles... the overgrown rivers make that rather hard to do, though.

Tschokky

I was never able to get the free ParaBomb/Airstrike after destroying the SAMs to work. The player has to own a building the can make a superweapon or the game won't give you a free superweapon like the ParaBomb/Airstrike by trigger. To get a round this there is some GDI specific coding found in the Basic C&C Classic Set Up.txt

Nyerguds

I'm 99% sure the FORDs are the same shape in TD and RA1. I hand copy and pasted all 140 + tiles to make sure any changes would be found.

Jacko

As Nyerguds said. This also happens in RA1 as well.

Surely then the best option would've been to not put jungle effects on the ends of the tiles? Because that way the pieces would still fit snugly without looking a bit strange.

Everything else looks really good though.

I can't update the Desert and Winter RAED to also support Jungle, because I can't add new theaters and the SNOW theater is only 4 letters (can't add new strings easily). You'll have to hex edit another copy of RAED instead.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean. I'd rather have JUNGLE than JUNG though.

Nyerguds

I'm 99% sure the FORDs are the same shape in TD and RA1. I hand copy and pasted all 140 + tiles to make sure any changes would be found.

Have fun with that 1% then, because, nope, they aren't. I had to specifically edit the water crossing in the Snow theater in C&C1 to make it narrower.

fords.gif.f8d2f8e08cae9d08ec5687e7d66f7ae4.gif