Who Wrote These Lies?

Guest Stefor

The way I see it is that each game has its own complexity. For board games like Chess, we can measure (estimated) the complexity. So for example, Checkers < classical Chess  < Go it terms of most usable ways of measuring complexity.

And also chess variants can have different complexity.  for example: classical Chess < Omega chess

I see TS as a game and each map as a variant of the game with different complexity.

So from what I've experienced so far (11 month of playing), Terrace is the most complex map, although it might be very difficult to measure it (or even decide on objective measuring criteria).

For me, all the elements of great gameplay exist in Terrace, and I enjoy playing (and watching) it the most, although I loose most of the time. It has nothing to do with "fear" of playing other maps.

But even if a game is more complex than another, it doesn't mean everyone will like it more.

For example, as stated before, classical Chess < Go, and a lot of people prefer to play chess.

So at the end of the day, everyone plays the maps they enjoy the most.

Have fun

• 1 month later...

The TS "liefile" contains some non-ASCII characters (specifically the ellipsis char

0x85

and fancy quotation marks

[code]0x92

[/code],

[code]0x93

[/code],

0x94

) that the client for some reason apparently fails to either read from the file or interpret correctly (it does display them correctly though if they are entered into the chat), displaying garbage characters instead.

Vxxc.png

Attached is a version of the file where all "offending" characters have been replaced by their ASCII counterparts.

ts-hints.txt

Nah, in the particular case shown in the picture those were pairs of directed double quotation marks (chars

0x93

and

[code]0x94

[/code]). Not sure why you'd want to place "

diz

" on separate lines. From what I understand a random line is being read from the file and displayed, so any newline chars and beyond are irrelevant anyway.

Guest Mechacaseal

That rumour has been around for a long time. Is it possible to look at the code and confirm that it's actually random?

its no doubt the same weapon that the reapers have for their rockets where the rockets are wild and hit anything nearby not just your target...

That rumour has been around for a long time. Is it possible to look at the code and confirm that it's actually random?

If you mean the mouse cursor thing, that's easily proven: as I said, the mouse pointer is just an animation. As far as I know, these cursor animations don't go faster or slower if you change the game speed. So, I don't see how they could have any relation to the actual game timing.