The only one loading

Hendriksie

Question

Hi there,

Whenever I make/join a game with other online players, I'm the only one that loads the game (for other people I'm the only one that doesn't load).

I can't figure out what the problem might be.

This is what I tried so far:

• Added the games & client to windows firewall
  • Disabled AVG Anti Virus
  • I used Origin Ultimate Collection, but also tried https://xwis.net/ it's version
  • Ran it as Administrator

If you need anything else/more information, please ask,

Thanks

24 answers to this question

I used Origin Ultimate Collection, but also tried https://xwis.net/ it's version

You need the fixed TUC launchers. http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, it still does not work.

What I did:

All people using TUC need to make 100% sure that the "Disable Origin in-game" option in the Origin options of the game is checked.

What about the -Win parameter? :D

No worries about origin, the cncnet client will launch the game in a different way and there won't be any origin problems

btw why do some game matches we have are so slow while others seems a bit ok. But overall still needs some tweak to make ait bit faster

I think the game runs as fast as the slowest player can handle it. At least in C&C Generals that was the problem with games that sometimes were very slow.

This way, there are no sync issues.

Any solution to this? At 15+ unsucessful attempts at a Yuri's revenge game and 1-3 tantalising games that worked for some reason I am rpetty close to giving up. Hasn't been fixed in the latest patch....I turned my VPN off...not sure what could be the issue...we definitely both have the same issue though. Have you found a solution?

Any solution to this? At 15+ unsucessful attempts at a Yuri's revenge game and 1-3 tantalising games that worked for some reason I am rpetty close to giving up. Hasn't been fixed in the latest patch....I turned my VPN off...not sure what could be the issue...we definitely both have the same issue though. Have you found a solution?

Hey - sorry to hear about this. Can you upload your cncnet log and I'll see if we can investigate this further for you.

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3545.0

Good thing is I'm not alone. And no I have not find a solution yet, I haven't tried the new update though, will do this weekend.

Hey - sorry to hear about this. Can you upload your cncnet log and I'll see if we can investigate this further for you.

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3545.0

This weekend after (I hope not) several failed attempts to join a game I will upload my log file, hopefully this will bring something to light.

btw why do some game matches we have are so slow while others seems a bit ok. But overall still needs some tweak to make ait bit faster

I think the game runs as fast as the slowest player can handle it. At least in C&C Generals that was the problem with games that sometimes were very slow.

This way, there are no sync issues.

BTW, assuming all players have good connection, is there a way or another update that will make the game speed more faster?

Hi everyone,

I have tested my game again a few minutes ago, and everything works fine now.

I don't know what to problem was, maybe the new update? I have no idea but my game works properly now.

Thanks anyway!

*Please use this thread for further problems according to this issue*

Hi Everyone,

I'm having the same or similar problem.  When I try to play a game online with anyone else, it loads me all the way into the game interface.  The game freezes immediately, and I get the screen that says everyone else has lost connection (even though I know it's actually me that lost the connection).  No specific indication of error.

A likely reason for my issue is that I'm running Windows 7 through Boot Camp on a Mac laptop.  Though the game runs fine by itself, and I've been able to play online through XWIS in the past.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Tested it with only AI opponents (works fine)

- Tested it on different internet connections (has no effect)

- Installed the fixed launchers (didn't help)

- Uploaded my cncnetclient log info (http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3545.15)

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Hi Everyone,

I'm having the same or similar problem.  When I try to play a game online with anyone else, it loads me all the way into the game interface.  The game freezes immediately, and I get the screen that says everyone else has lost connection (even though I know it's actually me that lost the connection).  No specific indication of error.

A likely reason for my issue is that I'm running Windows 7 through Boot Camp on a Mac laptop.  Though the game runs fine by itself, and I've been able to play online through XWIS in the past.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Tested it with only AI opponents (works fine)

- Tested it on different internet connections (has no effect)

- Installed the fixed launchers (didn't help)

- Uploaded my cncnetclient log info (http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3545.15)

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Hey there, can you check to see if you have this file in your game directory? wsock32.dll

Hi no thats fine. We don't want that file in your game directory - sometimes its used for other network to connect you.  You can take that file out of your directory.

Do you have any firewalls or antivirus software preventing your game files from working correctly?

Are your drivers up-to-date, network card etc?

Overall hint: if people ask you things here to help you along, it is generally only to gather information on what MIGHT be your problem. It does not imply that the thing they ask about is what is wrong and you should immediately look into fixing it.

In this case... wsock32.dll is Windows' official network handling library. Certain fan patches for the game put a different library of the same name in the game folder, so it pretends to the game to be the official one, and like that it's able to change certain things in the network handling. This wasn't a bad thing, though; it's just a method that was used to get the game's LAN mode working again after the original old IPX network protocol that these games used was abandoned by Microsoft. Unfortunately, while this replacement wsock32.dll indeed fixed the game's Local Area Network play, it seemed to often mess up online play. That's why Grant asked about it ;)

So yeah, copying the original wsock32.dll to the game folder will have no effect at all. It means that for the game, you're overriding the official Windows network handling library with, uh, an identical copy of it  :P

Thanks.  I got little overzealous about trying to get it to work.  I took the file out so I'm back to where I was :)

To answer Grant's other questions - network, graphics, etc. drivers are up to date.  No antivirus conflicts.  Windows Firewall is on but lists RA2/Yuri as an allowed program.  Other info possibly worth mentioning - I've tried this laptop on my friend's network and I had the same problem (he can play successfully).  So it's most likely something on my machine.

Thank you both for the info and trying to help me with this!