What anti-virus should I use?

TomBaker

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to start learning how i can do some mods for tiberian sun (not cheating online im not an asshole) but just fun ones i can mess around with. I'm probably going to be downloading lots of tools, so can you recommend a good anti-virus that i can use and has worked for yourself?

Thanks Guys :)

I usually operate on a 'hear no evil, see no evil' basis with security, but since I end up mostly using a company property laptop, I had to try out a few programs. So far Avira seems to be the least intrusive, it does almost everything by itself in the background without slowing you down and will quickly isolate and eliminate whatever click-scam you might click. I also haven't had it give me any conflicts whatsoever. I'm sure others will give you better insight though, so try it out, but have in mind it's probably not the be all, end all of protection.

Guest Mechacaseal

Should I get get an anti virus before I download one of the games on here? This is my first time doing so.

This place was created by a alien species. we must not trust the downloads as we do not know who made them. it would be wise to get a antivirus. that is unless you want to take such a risk without it. it may take you and your computer back in time for all we know or send a beacon to space and have you abducted. good luck.

Should I get get an anti virus before I download one of the games on here? This is my first time doing so.

The files are clean, you can always use website scanners like www.virustotal.com if you like to scan files without having an anti virus program installed

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone should know about Ninite.com

I set up hundreds of pc's along the year! I use ninite for this: I recommend Avast! just register with email. and Super! antispyware!

For a nice easy clean up, download Adwcleaner. But the best one I personally use, is Emisoft emergency kit. you should be able to download it if you use search engine.

Other then that, buying a subscription to mcafee or norton covers it all.

Everyone should know about Ninite.com

I set up hundreds of pc's along the year! I use ninite for this: I recommend Avast! just register with email. and Super! antispyware!

For a nice easy clean up, download Adwcleaner. But the best one I personally use, is Emisoft emergency kit. you should be able to download it if you use search engine.

Other then that, buying a subscription to mcafee or norton covers it all.

You managed to mention all the worst pieces of crap that call themselves antiviruses that I'm surprised you didn't remember AVG.

I'm currently using Avast and I'm sick of it. It's paranoid, it's obnoxious with its ads and once it quarantines something that's a freakin' false positive, you must first deactivate its realtime protection and then restore the file because it quarantines it again withon 2 seconds for no damn reason.

Symantec has only made shit in the past several years. They have improved in exactly 0 aspects, they find many false positives, go nuts when they find tracking cookies (it's oftentimes the only thing on the list!!!), provide terrible protection against real threats and use up most of your computer's resources for good measure. I'm glad I never came back to that.

The only one that never disappointed is Malwarebytes' Antimalware. The guys really give effort.

Just use Norton it's the best, It fills up your PC with useless shit and lags your PC so bad! Best AV ever

My laptop came with Norton, and sometimes I've had prompts to activate it!!!!!!!1 With all the bad things I've heard about it, I feel the same tension as I would with disarming a bomb when I close the window, doing my best not to activate it!!!!!!!!!