Let's Play Command & Conquer - All maps, all missions

TaxOwlbear

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the devs intended the player to use the southern group to take out the two GDI guard towers with the artillery and then have the northern group take over the base. However, the base can be just taken over from within (especially in the second version of the map where approaching the base from the North gives you access to it) and the towers destroyed with an obelisk or rocket soldiers.

I'm not sure if that's intended, but the artillery has just enough range to take out the towers. You have to avoid or destroy the gunboat, though, and watch out that your northern party doesn't get airstriked (only possible with a bait minigunner) and risk that your artillery gets destroyed and that you have to do it the other way anyway.

Yeah, I'd never used the arty for that (well, not from memory, anyway). I always just used the troops to take out the towers. I also, on the first mission, steal the GDI con yard, but sniping that patrolling tank and punching a hole in the side of their base with stealth tanks. Then just pop an engi in through there, sell their con yard (you lose the ability to make GDI tech, but keep helipads). Then you can use the extra money to make apaches. GDI don't have much AA in their base, so you can pick them apart and keep sniping all their harvs with stealth tanks. They will retaliate, but 1 ob pretty much sorts all that out.

You can also ctrl-fire the artys across the river to lay down a barrage and concentrate on units instead of defences. They will take pretty good care of infantry and someties block attacking tanks, which will then try to retaliate but, lacking the range, will just sit at the beach and glare at you.

The way I usually do this one is scout everything with a stealth or two, maybe kill the orcas, and then push out with about 10-12 lights and 4-5 flames. GG.