OS Warz: Splitt from the how to record C&C with FRAPS topic

Ferret

i have a 26 gigabyte hard drive. and 23 of it is being used to unknown programs. i wiped the computer and still 23 being used. so i decided to get a new computer and remove vista from it and install xp. sound good?

• 3 weeks later...

Vista > XP

Haven't seen much proof of that.

it is incomplete: Vista>XP in Freezes, travation, usage of memory, XP is really good, light, i think XP is the best windows.

Vista>XP in grafical performance, who is good for designers,

BETTER IDEA: Let's all use linux  :P

Vista > XP

Haven't seen much proof of that.

it is incomplete: Vista>XP in Freezes, travation, usage of memory, XP is really good, light, i think XP is the best windows.

Vista>XP in grafical performance, who is good for designers,

bullshit, Vista has NEVER frozen or crashed on me and if you are concerned with memory usage, use Windows 2000 it uses less memory than XP. :P

XP have more security (if windows have more security  :dry:) and runs MORE applications and is conpatible with more drivers, so, i opted for XP

Eh? Vista is a lot more secure than XP....

and Vista runs all apps XP can (except for DOS games :()

Stop spreading information that was valid in 2006 about Vista, it isn't true anymore...

The only thing bad about vista is the higher system requirements (Which any computer bought in the past 4 years should be able to accommodate). All the rest is the media sensationalising it.

Any crashes are caused by manufacturers making shitty drivers

Vista's anything but unstable, The computer I'm using now has an up-time of over 650 hours (That's almost a month) and it's running just as well as it did when I started it up. When I ran XP I had to restart every few days.

Vista also runs my apps quicker thanks to the superfetch feature.

The changes in the user interface are so great I actually hate using XP these days. The start menu search box is great as a makeshift command line, the breadcrumb navigation in explorer is cool too, better network controls are a bonus too.

And best of all I can run 64-bit, so I can get some better performance out of newer games!

And if you've got old 16-bit apps to run, use DOSBOX

The DWM speeds up the interface because it cuts out GDI calls which should have disappeared with Windows 95.

and Vista is WAY more secure than XP, There's a reason why people who switch to Mac/Linux think that the security is comparatively better, it's because they used XP before the switch and discovered that it's very easy to get XP infected with viruses and spyware.

And the glass does look pretty :P

Vista > XP

The only thing bad about vista is the higher system requirements (Which any computer bought in the past 4 years should be able to accommodate). All the rest is the media sensationalising it.

Any crashes are caused by manufacturers making shitty drivers

Vista's anything but unstable, The computer I'm using now has an up-time of over 650 hours (That's almost a month) and it's running just as well as it did when I started it up. When I ran XP I had to restart every few days.

Vista also runs my apps quicker thanks to the superfetch feature.

The changes in the user interface are so great I actually hate using XP these days. The start menu search box is great as a makeshift command line, the breadcrumb navigation in explorer is cool too, better network controls are a bonus too.

And best of all I can run 64-bit, so I can get some better performance out of newer games!

And if you've got old 16-bit apps to run, use DOSBOX

The DWM speeds up the interface because it cuts out GDI calls which should have disappeared with Windows 95.

and Vista is WAY more secure than XP, There's a reason why people who switch to Mac/Linux think that the security is comparatively better, it's because they used XP before the switch and discovered that it's very easy to get XP infected with viruses and spyware.

And the glass does look pretty :P

Vista > XP

Depends of the user, an experient user can define a virus only looking to him, and, use avira and malwarebits, never got problems when i instaled that 2 programs, Use SP3, it have more sercurity. (but, i dont know if windows have security yet  :dry: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

just wanted to revive the topic... because it's a OS Wars, new fight occour!

...I'm re-installing VS now (not had it installed since I upgraded to windows 7) so I'll probably be able to get an update out today.

as...

Irony tyed to get your computer freezing with Windows Vista and upgraded to windows 7?? :P

• 1 month later...

I'm a fan of W7 personally, I don't care how much memory this or that uses extra over an older version of Windows, if you are complaining about that, then its obviously time for a new PC haha.

I'm sure people liked Windows 3.11 over 95.