When the ladder will be ready?

WestW00D

Greetings,

Guys can i know when you will release a ladder to record ranked games for yuri?

I can't play in cncet anymore, it's full noobs and mod maps, xwis died and barely few games in GR.

Plz try to set it asap, no need for fancy one, just anything that we can call a ladder  :laugh:

My offer still stands: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4451.0

You can start collecting donations. However, don't bother. I'm sure they've gotten enough donations to fund a proper ladder already.  :D

Seriously who still can trust you after all you have done :( Besides, do you think they collecting hundreds a months from donations? :laugh:

Anyway you still can do the job and get paid later!

Greetings,

I can't play in cncet anymore, it's full noobs and mod maps, xwis died and barely few games in GR.

Plz try to set it asap, no need for fancy one, just anything that we can call a ladder  :laugh:

A ladder for YR is ready. We just need the client to start sending results :)

http://tahj.cncnet.org/#/leaderboard/yr

Greetings,

A ladder for YR is ready. We just need the client to start sending results :)

http://tahj.cncnet.org/#/leaderboard/yr

Awesome work Tahj  :D, does it supports clan games?

Can we have a teaser screen shot?

I've already posted some screenshots albeit of the ladder hack in here: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4451.0

There's a reason why parts are blurred out or do you want a screenshot of a very much static web page that looks like a ladder but actually does nothing?

Think about why I would be giving work away to an organisation when I can charge for it. I'm not a welfare organisation after all.  :roll:  Neither are XWiS nor CnCNet, although I see why you could think that the latter is.

@SiRaLeX - Out of curiosity, what else are you capable of regarding RA2/YR? I mean, for example, can you make or help with

1. ladder features, like on xwis (badges, ladder stats like win/loss ratio, maps played, factions played etc.)

2. a Quick Match system for the YR client (except don't call it 'Quick Match' coz that's a dumb name imo :D)

3. a Clanning system

4. a Clan ladder

5. a Hall of Fame

6. anti-cheats (in addition to what's already here, against future hacks)

7. the YR Client

8. general server issues/improvements (a while ago, maybe years ago now, you told me that RA2 can run online as fast as single player skirmish mode)

9. Win 8.1 /10 compatibility issues

10. Other things RA2/YR related?

Xwis already has some of these things but CnCNet has way more cool things (8 players, multi engi, no engi eat, easy to install and play...), and so much more potential with admins that welcome additions and changes.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. I'd like to say yes, but no, not really. Anyone smart enough can and will still make their own hacks if they want to. It's not like it hasn't happened before. It all boils down to basic physics, IQ and money.

7. Yes.

8. Yes. I played a game with over 200 FPS on XWIS, before (unplayable).

9. No. I could have a try but no guarantees. Too much effort to even try and save a game I've been banned from.

10. Hacks?  :D

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. I'd like to say yes, but no, not really. Anyone smart enough can and will still make their own hacks if they want to. It's not like it hasn't happened before. It all boils down to basic physics, IQ and money.

7. Yes.

8. Yes. I played a game with over 200 FPS on XWIS, before (unplayable).

9. No. I could have a try but no guarantees. Too much effort to even try and save a game I've been banned from.

10. Hacks?  :D

Wow, nice. Hopefully you can one day implement those skills here (for money or not).

You weren't banned from the game, you were banned from a server (don't take it out on one of my favourite games, it's not his fault :D)

I wish you guys can work together, Alex, how many hours (approximately) it will take you to set that ladder?

From what I gather the ladder is largely done, albeit in Node.JS - so be it (tahj.cncnet.org:4007). I personally don't believe it works, yet.

The next step is to make the YR client send game results to the server. This could prove to either be a brick wall or a mountain for them.  :D  Whichever way you spin it - it's going to be tricky.  XD

I'm sure this could take a while. How long? I don't know. Depends on the skillez of the reverse engineer, since network games don't send game results.  :D

From what I gather the ladder is largely done, [...] I personally don't believe it works, yet.

http://tahj.cncnet.org/#/leaderboard/ra

I'm fairly sure it works. Granted, there's always room for improvement :P

The next step is to make the YR client send game results to the server. This could prove to either be a brick wall or a mountain for them.  :D  Whichever way you spin it - it's going to be tricky.  XD

I'm sure this could take a while. How long? I don't know. Depends on the skillez of the reverse engineer, since network games don't send game results.  :D

We already have working models for RA, AM, TS and FS (which use network emulation), sending game results to a given server. The only hurdles for YR are manpower and availability.

If and when this comes to fruition, they need to have a thread dedicated to players' input as to which maps should be included and excluded from QM. Since there's so many maps that are very well suited for QM, it'd only be fitting to arrange things so that certain maps go in and out of rotation on a weekly, biweekly or maybe even monthly basis; in other words, for a specific period, you won't see certain maps used within that timeframe yet other perhaps unfamiliar ones will be. Additionally, make determinations as to how frequently some maps are used over the others. There should be a list that is always up to date as to which maps are in use in case one wishes to study the unfamiliar ones in skirmish mode. One of the things I found monotonous about QM on XWIS was that it was always the same maps over and over again. Also, they need to have certain maps which are exclusive only to certain faction matchups. To help elaborate, here's a posting from XWIS by XXxPrePxX, who is/was one of the upper tier ladder players (A = Allied, S = Soviet, Y =Yuri):

I. Maps To Be Eliminated from 'Normal Combat':

1. Anytown, Amerika // ALL

2. Defcon 6 // AvS*

3. Blood Feud // AvS*

4. Deadman's Ridge // AvS

*NOTE: When I say AvS, that means that it is only eliminated in AvS situations, and NOT eliminated in mirrors.

II. Maps to Be Eliminated from Yuri Combat:

1. Hidden Valley

2. Blood Feud

3. Urban Rush

4. Dune Patrol // AvY*

5. Dry Heat // AvY

*NOTE: When I say AvY that means only that should be eliminated, and not SvY, and vice versa.

III. The 'Normal Combat' situation maps to be added:

1. El Dorado // SvS AvA AvS

2. Hail Mary // SvS AvA AvS

3. Happy Trails // SvS AvA AvS

4. Let There Be Fight // SvS AvA

5. Little Piece of dune // SvS AvA

6. Loaded Barrel // SvS AvA AvS

7. Twin Peaks // SvS AvA AvS

8. Breakaway // SvS AvA AvS

10. Killer Instict // SvS AvA AvS

11. Arena // SvS AvA

12. Brink of Disaster // SvS AvA AvS

13. City Under siege // SvS AvA AvS

14. Four Corners // SvS AvA AvS

15. Frostbite // SvS AvA AvS

16. Ground Zero // SvS AvA

17. Head for the Hills // SvS AvA AvS

18. Isle of Oades // SvS AvA AvS

19. Lost Lake // SvS AvA AvS

20. Mount Olympus // SvS AvA AvS

21. Pacific Heights // SvS AvA AvS

22. Rockets Red Glare // SvS AvA AvS

23. Shrapnel Mountain // SvS AvA AvS

24. Sinkhole // SvS

25. Snowballs Chance // SvS AvA AvS

26. Tower of Power // SvS AvA AvS

27. Tsunami // SvS AvA AvS

28. Valley Of Gems // SvS AvA AvS

29. Bering Straight // SvS AvA

30. Bridging the Gap // SvS AvA AvS

31. Malibu Cliffs // SvS AvA AvS

32. Heck Freezes Over // SvS AvA AvS

33. A path Beyond II // SvS AvA AvS

34. Near Ore Far // SvS AvA AvS

35. Offic Tourny Map 4 // SvS AvA AvS

36. Double Trouble // SvS AvA

37. Austin, TX // SvS AvA AvS

38. Sea of isolation // SvS AvA AvS

39. Turfwar // SvS AvA AvS

40. Oceanside // SvS AvA AvS

41. Trailer Park // SvS AvA AvS

42. Army of The Potamac // SvS AvA AvS

43. Downtown, Cityville // SvS AvA AvS

44. East Vs. Best // SvS AvA AvS

45. Arena 33 Forever // SvS AvA AvS

46. Manhattan Mayhem // SvS AvA AvS

47. Invasion Confirmed // SvS AvA AvS

IV. The Maps to be Added to Yuri QM:

1. Happy trails // SvY AvY

2. Head for the Hills // SvY AvY

3. Soverign Land // AvY

4. Brink of disaster // AvY

5. Mt Olympus // AvY

6. Paris revisited // SvY AvY

7. Snowballs chance // SvY AvY

8. Tanyas training grounds // SvY AvY

9. Tower of power // SvY AvY

10. Arena 33 forever // SvY AvY

11. Bridging the gap // SvY AvY

12. Defcon 6 // SvY AvY

13. Malibu cliffs // SvY AvY

14. Heck freezes over // AvY SvY

15. Double trouble // AvY

16. East vs Best // AvY

17. Hail Mary // SvY

18. Downtown, Cityville // AvY SvY

19. Rush Hour // AvY

V. NOTES:

1. In yuri QM, turn supers OFF in AvY situations.

2. The following matchups require SW always on:

1. Isle of War

2. Mayday

3. Death Valley

4. Hammer and Sickle

5. Deadman's Ridge

6. Depth Charge

7. Hidden Valley

8. Alaskan Oil Spill

9. El Dorado

10. Let There Be Fight

11. Loaded Barrel

12. Arena

13. Tsunami

14. Bering Straight

15. Sea Of Isolation

16. Turfwar

17. Pacific Heights

18. Oceanside

19. Lost Lake

20. Invasion Confirmed

3. Yuri QM:

AvY = OFF

SvY = ON

YvY = Stays the same, whatever it was now

SvS AvS = Random (except on those maps)

Correct me if i'm wrong but as there is no QM option (yet) people will be able to pick and chose the maps they play for ladder games.

But i agree when QMing is an option, the random map choices will need to be looked at carefully.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the chances that the YR ladder will be released before the end of the year:

50% ?

30% ?

0% ???

I plan to play a lot of YR (as well as other classic C&Cs) during the holiday season, and I'm sure a lot of others do too. CnCNet is fun enough as it is, but a ladder will be a nice finishing touch. Plus it'll help bring all the RA2/YR communities (Game Ranger, XWIS, Hamachi players, maybe even QQBattle) together - that's a 100% certainty ;)

Chances for the yuri ladder: 1% (the game doesn't even have the needed patches now and no one is willing to work on it)

Chances for Red Alert and Tiberian Sun: 99% (Everything is done, just needs some tiny tweaks)

Chances for CnC1 and Dune 2000: 50% (Games are prepared, ladder website doesn't handle it yet)

Chances for the yuri ladder: 1% (the game doesn't even have the needed patches now and no one is willing to work on it)

Chances for Red Alert and Tiberian Sun: 99% (Everything is done, just needs some tiny tweaks)

Chances for CnC1 and Dune 2000: 50% (Games are prepared, ladder website doesn't handle it yet)

No one is willing to work on the game with the 2nd most activity (sometimes the most)??? Well that sux :( I'll see how far I can climb the RA & TS ladders then just for fun (probably not that far :P), I'll just avoid the P4 games :D. TD and D2K will be fun too if they get done :)

If you guys are under-staffed, why not look for extra help? Maybe an advertisement should be posted at game forums, programming forums and other related forums. Something like:

Dear fellow developers/programmers/modders,

CnCNet.org is a small, but growing C&C (Command & Conquer) community in need of assistance with our current Leaderboard project. We work on a voluntary basis so unfortunately all we can offer in terms of payment is the gratitude of the hundreds of players who have long been waiting for this project to be completed. But more importantly, your name will be added to the list of people who helped make this possible.

A C&C fan will be a plus, but not necessary. However, we do require someone with

-(such and such skills, low level language, high level language)

-(more required skills)

-free time!

If you are interested and would like more information, please contact us at (cncnet email goes here... [email protected] ?). Your soldiers await you Commander!

Sincerely,

The CnCNet Team