why is everything merged?

rabidsnypr

Why are the games merged. Sorry for the lateness. I just didn't feel like posting it. i honestly think it's creative but i don't like it much. It seems like something for the hardcore play every old cnc game gamer. Why wasn't a filter added like with the friends for the games as well? So i can just see dawn games or ra1 games? just curious?

blew.jpg.86bdac60f55b73aabcb6801814402c6d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It was always merged inside one client, but you had to select the game folders manually before and now it checks the default path to see if you have multiple games installed and links them automatically

If theres a game you don't want to play anymore then you could delete the game folder and it won't list the rooms of this game anymore. You can also rename the game folders and it won't be able to find them anymore automatically

If theres a game you don't want to play anymore then you could delete the game folder and it won't list the rooms of this game anymore. You can also rename the game folders and it won't be able to find them anymore automatically

sorry, but that is bs. why cncnet should monopolize games for it means? reg keys maybe valuable for other programs and purposes and cncnet should not affect them in any way. reminds me of deliting wsock32.dll, another lazy and really bad solution

Hint: Everything I said is only related to the mini multiplayer versions of the freeware games. CnCnet will not detect/use any normal installations like Origin/first decade etc

It looks for the folders TiberianDawn_Online, RedAlert1_Online and TiberianSun_Online which are very unique names only used by the mini downloads of us

About wsock32.dll, this file is a big hack to turn IPX into UDP networking, it is pretty normal that such a hack can break the original networking of the game and you must remove it (You also need to remove it to play on other servers, it is not a cncnet exclusive problem)

wsock32.dll is not an official file! It is just a big work around

hifi made another wsock32.dll which is not bugged and doesn't break the original networking of the game like the other wsock32 from understorm, too bad his version doesn't work anymore on windows 10 :( Maybe someone should fix that up one day, then we could replace the wsock32.dll in the folder with the good one instead of removing/renaming it

So, if you are looking for the one who is responsible for the problems caused by the wsock32.dll then you'll have to contact the creator and tell him to fix it up :D

sorry then. where can I find hifi's dll? I won't upgrade to w10 any time soon anyway

It wouldn't really help you right now since the lobby is still deleting it cause of the windows 10 problems

Would be possible to add a check to the lobby to see if the file is the good or bad LAN patch and additionally check if the user runs windows 10, but for that you would need to ask rampa

I really feel sorry for everyone with Win 8/10 problems (not just on this forum). Not to be a smart ass or anything, but you guys don't know how good it feels to have everything (games, apps, everything) working more or less perfectly. I think the moral to the story is: Whenever a new OS is released and you have to have it for whatever reason, either keep your old PC, or dual boot.

But on-topic: I don't think the games are 'merged' enough. I'd prefer it if ONE client was able to create/join ANY C&C game, everything centralized, but that's just me.