Who is still alive to beta test?

sgtmyers88

Here is GDI Mission 11, please note it has only been played thru once. Expect AI and scripting bugs. The AI is a real PITA about not letting you get established and there are also more defenses in place, in contrast to the original. Also the AI will now build or rebuild things if left unchecked.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I forgot you need the updated .ini files too. My bad.

v1.43 changelist:

8 additional campaign missions completed with their respective intro videos

Fixed an AI exploit preventing tank machine guns from damaging aircraft

M110 Artillery (Nod) speed slightly decreased

Assault APC price increased from $500 to $800 (pre-loaded with two Rocket Soldiers now)

Airfields (excluding Nod Airstrip) reduced from $2000 to $1000

Grenadiers made more powerful and more accurate (to encourage use over rocket soldiers)

Both vehicle missile and machine gun upgrades reduced from $1000 to $600

Power Plant HP increased from 800 to 1000

Tiberium Silo Auto Deposit Amount reduced from $200 to $75

Mammoth Tank Armor and speed slightly decreased (including Adv. Mammoth)

Mammoth Tusk Missile Firing Rate slightly decreased

Flame Tank Armor slightly increased

Helicopter and fighter jet locomotors slowed to reduce graphical and gameplay glitches

Tiberium income amounts reduced slightly

Tiberium growth rate significantly reduced (to reduce lag and game crashes from overpopulation)

Weapons can now fire over low profile structures without exploding over them (Helipad, Repair Bay, .etc)

Guard Tower damage and firing rate slightly increased

APC machine gun firing burst rate decreased (does not apply to Assault APC)

Bradley (Light Tank) speed slightly decreased

Grand Canyon Skirmish Map rebalanced and reduced to 3 players to fix AI issues

Dynamite Dunes Skirmish Map rebalanced

Armored Assault Skirmish Map rebalanced

Framerate improvements on the Tiberium Gardens Skirmish Map

Framerate improvements to GDI SPEC OPS Mission #1

Framerate improvements to GDI Mission #8

Fixed an issue preventing players from finishing Nod Mission #4

Engineers can now hijack and not simply disable unarmed vehicles (MCV and Harvester)

Tank and Missile projectile splash damage reduced

Several models have been reworked and retextured

Usually micro managing and scattering the troops into two groups helps and you can knock out that first turret on the right in no time with few losses. And thats with the updated .ini files? The Grenadiers were modified since they proved quite ineffective initially. The firing rate does seem to be too fast for the turrets though which is strange, considering they were not changed.

Also when you added the updated .ini files did you put them inside the Data folder? It should be placed as Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour>Data>INI

And here is an updated mission file. I delayed the timing for the Nod tanks to show up at the beach which proved to be annoying when they rush in to crush your troops distracting the turrets from shooting the MCV.

I haven't completed the mission yet, but it's MUCH more bearable with the normal turrets. One oddity I noticed: The initial Bradley followed my MCV, but when I deployed it, it just froze and wouldn't move until I attacked it. Then it fired and moved as normal.

Also, I tried to be crafty and use an Orca to contact Delphi, but that didn't work.  :D

I beat the mission yesterday. Having access to Orcas makes taking out all those scattered Nod troops and gun turrets so much easier!

The mission as such is pretty much bug-free, but I noticed one odd thing: Twice my MCV was unable to build anything after I built the initial obligatory power plant. Both times, this seemed to happen when my MCV was heavily damaged (see clip here).

During my second playthrough of GDI 10, I also noticed that, amusingly, Orcas can be shot by gun turrets when they fly over a cliff!  :laugh: It seems to happen very rarely, though, and isn't necessarily unrealistic. I mean, an actual airborne vehicle that does fly low enough can be shot by pretty much anything.

Video is private. But was it or any other building under repair?

Sounds like a rare bug from the Generals Dozer AI because in the game code the unit/structure is required to use the KindOf= DOZER code to be able to build buildings and such. Problem is the Dozer AI is automatically programmed to repair buildings next to it if they are damaged making the AI flag itself as "busy" which greys out other commands in the Command Bar. Simply typing "S" on the keyboard fixes it.

GDI 11 is supposed to have a backdoor way at the start that makes you avoid all those turrets and only meet the light tank instead. And the light tank shouldn't even come unless you take that backdoor.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/mappics/campaign-gdi/scg11ea.png

You have the route there, but the two turrets shown here ruin the backdoor. The original mission simply doesn't have those. From what I can see, this isn't a matter of nerfing those turrets; the mission design as you changed it from the original is simply not right, and that's what made the mission impossible.

A few things get changed/added/removed via scripts depending on which of the 3 tier difficulty settings was chosen at the beginning of the campaign which the original game didn't have. More defenses get added on hard. But I will be making a few additional adjustments to the system.

Those guns make it harder, yes, but the ROF was too high as well. I couldn't even reach the additional two guns before the fix.  :laugh:

So I just found the reason for this in the GameData.ini code, considering you were playing the campaigns on Hard this explains everything. (unchanged from V-Generals IIRC)

WeaponBonus = SOLO_AI_EASY     RATE_OF_FIRE   = 50%
  WeaponBonus = SOLO_AI_NORMAL      RATE_OF_FIRE    = 100%    ; ie, unadjusted
  WeaponBonus = SOLO_AI_HARD       RATE_OF_FIRE    = 200%

HumanSoloPlayerHealthBonus_Easy         = 120%
  HumanSoloPlayerHealthBonus_Normal      = 100%     ; ie, unadjusted
  HumanSoloPlayerHealthBonus_Hard         = 80%

Yeah I had discovered that myself and disabled the map. For the record, what factions, difficulty and map location were they in?

I also had a similar issue on Grand Canyon and Final Crusade which I fixed. Had to flatten out Final Crusade a bit on the NW side and Grand Canyon is now a 3 player map. (2v1)

Most of the problems I had was with the Nod AI on all difficulty settings because their structures are the largest in the game which can give the AI fits and as a result refuses to build anything. (ToN and Airstrip) The AI build system has a predetermined layout for its base construction and if the terrain is too cramped and uneven or there is a lot of clutter it gives it problems building things.