C&C95/Tiberian Dawn- Carry Over Money & Credits vs. Tiberium

MattAttack

Figured I'd share a couple things I've gleaned from working on my campaign regarding this topic. 

First of all, I've been experimenting with the "carry over money" function and trying to utilize it in new and exciting ways and discovered that harvested tiberium IS NOT carried over whatsoever, but "credits" (money from crates, cancelling construction, selling units/structures) are.  Kind of a bummer because I was trying to create a bonus mission where you must harvest a shitload of Tib in a limited amount of time to carry over but it just won't work that way.

Second in regards to the "credits" trigger; it works in a very similar manner.  Tiberium harvested amounts to nothing towards a trigger activated by "credits" but money crates and the like will.

Just in case anybody gives a shit... lol

Wait, you mean that if I harvest and regrow the whole map five times over, but I just build more silos instead of using the build-cancel trick to clean out my silos, I wouldn't get any money from that in the next mission? :O

Did you try the other one, CarryOverCap? I don't think anyone ever tested what it did, but it sure seems to imply that could be "capacity", aka, stored tiberium.

Wait, you mean that if I harvest and regrow the whole map five times over, but I just build more silos instead of using the build-cancel trick to clean out my silos, I wouldn't get any money from that in the next mission? :O

Exactly correct :(  This really limits its usefulness-- however now I'm going to have a "rescue Nyerguds" mission where you get credits from a civi evac, which carry over to the next mission ;)  And hey, now you get a cameo in the campaign!

Did you try the other one, CarryOverCap? I don't think anyone ever tested what it did, but it sure seems to imply that could be "capacity", aka, stored tiberium.

Yeah I think I read a post, probably by you, theorizing about that.  Tried it and it did nothing.  But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I had player silos in the next mission waiting to be "carried over" into... maybe I'll test that later today

• 2 months later...

Wait, so we're thinking that; if you have the silos ready to go at the start of the next mission it'll carry over then?

Sounds interesting.

Maybe we could make a mission where there is, more or less, a timer before the end of the mission, but you also have to (or can) collect crates around the map, to help you out.

The issue I always had with the extra money thing, is that I'd just restart missions frequently. Even just scouting at the start of a mission to see what it's all about, and then restart strait away. Obviously this would wreck the 'extra money' thing. :P