Crates + Desolators + War Miners = Success?

vurezo

Let's say you're playing Sedona Pass on spot 3 and playing with crates on and Red Alert 2 mode activated and every player is soviet and you aren't getting attacked for a while, would it then be somewhat reasonable to build up an army of desolators and war miners, run war miners over crates to get at least 9 of them 3 starred and then just go attack peoples bases while constantly deploying the desolators so they wouldn't attack you without getting severely hurt themselves?

lol it's just a weird thought I had  :ra2:

Desolators hurt apocs.

Apocs get droned and you have a $ 1750 damage.

I'd go as far as saying they are near useless in Sov vs Sov matchups.

They can only ever work in Sov vs Ally, but Rhinos work in this case too. Only in combination with Desolators. Guess what happens when the Desolators die? Yep, the Apocs get butt raped by the Alied Army. In fact, they do worse than Rhino Tanks.

Useless unit is useless. There's a reason nobody ever makes them.

HINT: Apocs are very slow and they don't shoot while moving. Your opponent can make 3 drones (1500 $) for each of your apocs (1750 $) and he just has to get 1 in and you will be down $$$-wise.

Well, Deso-Miner-Push is a tactic too, most definitely.

I've used it often enough. In fact, I'd wager to say I've used it more often than Deso-Apoc-Push.

The problem is, miners are even more useless than apocs. So when there's no ore left, a RaNk #1 player uses his miners to push some desos with them. As said, desos don't hurt miners but they do hurt apocs.

If the miners die - it's not a big deal, as you don't need them anymore once all the ore was mined.

But if your sitting duck apocs die, it is a big deal because they are part of your army and you lose $ 1750 (they are expensive as fuck).

Deso apoc push is a weak tactic and can be defeated, easily.

That being said, when I was at my peak, I did use deso-apoc-pushes, in fact, even in final games for RaNk #1 (3-0 against Marko, I remember one of those games was deso-apoc that obliterated him). But my control was good enough to be able to push through against drones and anything RaNk #2 was able to throw at me at the time. Nowadays, my control is trash. Nonetheless, I don't recommend your average player to try apoc-deso.

• 3 weeks later...

Desolators hurt apocs.

Apocs get droned and you have a $ 1750 damage.

I'd go as far as saying they are near useless in Sov vs Sov matchups.

They can only ever work in Sov vs Ally, but Rhinos work in this case too. Only in combination with Desolators. Guess what happens when the Desolators die? Yep, the Apocs get butt raped by the Alied Army. In fact, they do worse than Rhino Tanks.

Useless unit is useless. There's a reason nobody ever makes them.

HINT: Apocs are very slow and they don't shoot while moving. Your opponent can make 3 drones (1500 $) for each of your apocs (1750 $) and he just has to get 1 in and you will be down $$$-wise.

I use apocs vs allied or soviets in certain situations (on ra2) and they work very effectively. By the time ur making apocs u probably have cloning vat so put some Connie in front to stop drones.

Apoc+deso vs allied if done correctly is nearly unstoppable (on ra2). Best to have a few flack full of deso for when the deso's in ur attack die. To back em up though.

On yr I wouldn't make apocs very often though unless mabye SvS on certain maps.