Brotherhood of NOD campaign

CaptJosh

I've forgotten how far in it is, but I'm stuck on a mission where you have to destroy a village, then remove all remaining GDI presence from the area. Problem is, the GDI base is guarded by two guard towers on each of two entrances, I can't seem to find a way to bypass them, and I take too many casualties taking either set down to take out the base. Any suggestions?

Ok, finally beat the mission. No, running past the guard towers doesn't work. It's suicide. First trick, don't tell your troops to move long distances. Keep them bunched up together to mass fire. Secondly, move only small distances at a time and make the various GDI positions come to you. Third trick, take out the GDI base FIRST. But make sure you do it without approaching the second set of towers. If you work your way south, then east, then north, you can kick their front door in, take down the base, then go back around for the village and remaining troops, of which there will be very few, because GDI sent reinforcements to the base while you were blowing it to hell.

According to the game exe, indeed, exactly 4.00 cells. Then again, the rockets are also 4.00... I guess the guard tower weapon range is counted from the middle of the structure, while the units' rockets only need to hit the edge of the tower.

This seems to be an engine difference rather than a bad implementation of the original data. Theoretically the ranges are the same, but in practice they aren't, so in the remake they shouldn't be either.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but to make an update to this:

In the upcoming patch, I have modified infantry missiles to have a slightly longer range to enable them to take out the Guard Towers with ease. However, They are still out ranged by artillery and heavy base defenses such as the Mobile Artillery and Obelisk Of Light.

NOTE: The Rocket Soldiers are still quite vulnerable against rushing Humvees and Grenadiers, so use plenty of them!

I know this is an old topic, but to make an update to this:

In the upcoming patch, I have modified infantry missiles to have a slightly longer range to enable them to take out the Guard Towers with ease. However, They are still out ranged by artillery and heavy base defenses such as the Mobile Artillery and Obelisk Of Light.

NOTE: The Rocket Soldiers are still quite vulnerable against rushing Humvees and Grenadiers, so use plenty of them!

Thanks for the update! :)

I haven't seen you around. :D