Am i perm banned?

aWarN1GGa

How does the registration system make it harder to impersonate people? It definitely doesn't make it any harder to impersonate people than on WOL.

The only thing it makes harder is for new players to come to XWIS.  :)  Because it's complicated as fuck.

On XWIS, you need to first register, and then spend an RA2 serial to make a nick. Beats CnCNet's free entry to anyone wanting to pose as you.

If you find simple registration to be hard, I have some bad news for you.

How does the registration system make it harder to impersonate people? It definitely doesn't make it any harder to impersonate people than on WOL.

The only thing it makes harder is for new players to come to XWIS.  :)  Because it's complicated as fuck.

On XWIS, you need to first register, and then spend an RA2 serial to make a nick. Beats CnCNet's free entry to anyone wanting to pose as you.

XWIS's way is complicated (since you can't make an account within the game anymore AFAIK), but CnCnet's way is obviously still not good either (lack of registration; everyone can impersonate...). The fact you can't make an account anymore on xwis within the game without the game stating so is lack of user friendly and like Alex says make things very difficult for a casual to just start.

All CnCnet need is like every online game: A simple registration system. However, I can expect people to steal nicks now when that get implemented due to how long CnCnet is up now with the current system, so I wonder how that will be handled...

They can (and did) develop some things Westwood never did, like that auto-screenshot mechanic. They also fixed both RA2 and YR for Win8/Win10. So, they can develop beyond WOL constraints, particularly the executables. They also have a registration system that makes it harder to impersonate people.

Wasn't the auto SS system an external program that runs in the background? Same for that game spy thing that shows how the whole game went? Pretty sure people need run both in background when they report cheaters, etc... And if you don't run auto SS in ladder games you'll be banned.

XWIS's way is complicated (since you can't make an account within the game anymore AFAIK), but CnCnet's way is obviously still not good either (lack of registration; everyone can impersonate...). The fact you can't make an account anymore on xwis within the game without the game stating so is lack of user friendly and like Alex says make things very difficult for a casual to just start.

Explain to me how is it complicated. You register on the XWIS forums, you get your 8-character password for the server, you go to their control panel and assign a serial key for a nick. And if you want to play a game that's neglected there like Emperor: Battle for Dune or RA1, you can just use a nick from the game's internal interface (though I don't believe those stick to the account and may look like CnCNet-style freedom for those).

All CnCnet need is like every online game: A simple registration system. However, I can expect people to steal nicks now when that get implemented due to how long CnCnet is up now with the current system, so I wonder how that will be handled...

Yeah, the first period would need a hell of a lot of moderation.

Wasn't the auto SS system an external program that runs in the background? Same for that game spy thing that shows how the whole game went? Pretty sure people need run both in background when they report cheaters, etc... And if you don't run auto SS in ladder games you'll be banned.

Yes, but their multiplayer distribution of RA2 (and maybe YR) has that feature built in.

That's how WOL worked too. You couldn't just make a nick without a serial... And XWIS is WOL, basically.

I have some bad news for you too, you're super ignorant and arrogant. Good luck finding friends in real life.  :)

Explain to me how is it complicated. You register on the XWIS forums, you get your 8-character password for the server, you go to their control panel and assign a serial key for a nick. And if you want to play a game that's neglected there like Emperor: Battle for Dune or RA1, you can just use a nick from the game's internal interface (though I don't believe those stick to the account and may look like CnCNet-style freedom for those).

I guess user friendly is a better term. A casual user installs Ra2, play, go to internet, go to create an account and find out nothing works but Ra2 keep saying 'connecting'. One would think the game is too old and think the multiplayer mode is discontinued, one may research and find out you need make an account at XWIS even though there's still a (non functional) create account inside the game UI.

Is it complicated once you figured it out? No, but it surely isn't user friendly.

I have some bad news for you too, you're super ignorant and arrogant. Good luck finding friends in real life.  :)

Rich, coming from an even more arrogant attention seeker.

I guess user friendly is a better term. A casual user installs Ra2, play, go to internet, go to create an account and find out nothing works but Ra2 keep saying 'connecting'. One would think the game is too old and think the multiplayer mode is discontinued, one may research and find out you need make an account at XWIS even though there's still a (non functional) create account inside the game UI.

Is it complicated once you figured it out? No, but it surely isn't user friendly.

I don't think there's a lot of people in the world who play old games online without checking if their official servers even exist, so yeah, a mere peek at introductory pages of each fan-hosted service is kind of a must.

I don't think there's a lot of people in the world who play old games online without checking if their official servers even exist, so yeah, a mere peek at introductory pages of each fan-hosted service is kind of a must.

Honestly, many people (including myself) install old games to enjoy playing them again after many years or even just playing an old game that I've always wanted to play for the first time.

If then trying to get online doesn't work or just seems too complicated people let it go and just leave after finishing the Single Player.

Also, you're probably the biggest moron on these forums.