Difference between EASY-MEDIUM-HARD

dojodddd

Guys,

I love the Command&Conquer games to bits! I started playing Tiberian Sun Firestorm since ages again yet i noticed something I really never tried before:

Simply play the game in HARD mode instead of EASY.

I read loads of stuff bout the differences, like enemy makes more money and use more and different units in strikes on you. But is it only me who thinks my units' firepower is decreased as well? In easy, i find my titans/tick tanks very heavy and usefull alrounders, yet in HARD i see them dieing so damn easy.. It's like they shoot slower, have weaker armour and less firepower.

Any one else noticed it? Yes, the gameplay is way more of a challenge, yet -IF its true of course- decreasing units like that is no fun at all, just an annoying tease  :puppydog:.

Thanks  :D

Is there any option to change difficultly in a game?

tnx

You can select it when you start a new campaign. Or do you mean mid-campaign?

I mean in mid-campaign. I am in NOD Mission 7: Salvage Operation  and It is too difficult on HARD :(

Still no one with a solid answer? Maybe C&C is not clear about it. But for example both Umagon and Ghost Stalker cant 1 shot an infantry unit in Medium or Hard mode.

Again, hard should be about a way smarter enemy with more variaty in attack-styles and units, as it is already, but not in downgrading awsome units. That just isn't fun.

Still no one with a solid answer? Maybe C&C is not clear about it. But for example both Umagon and Ghost Stalker cant 1 shot an infantry unit in Medium or Hard mode.

Again, hard should be about a way smarter enemy with more variaty in attack-styles and units, as it is already, but not in downgrading awsome units. That just isn't fun.

On Hard it is much harder to destroy enemy... Enemy is much much stronger. 1 Vs 1 combat is NO GO on hard mode. AI has much stronger units. Looks like I will have to play on Normal mode. Only I dunno how to change that in the middle of the mission :)

I run as I can to UFO  and then I can't do anything.

If I plan to go easy...There is always two GDI units before UFO that destroy all my units and engineers

Here is how you do it. You essentially have to know where the UFO is and make a dash for it. Ignore the patrols. It's easier to just try it four or five times than try to micromanage every unit perfectly.

That always amused me. Umagan goes "I only need one shot"... and proceeds to need two shots. :D

Yeah. I prefer the AI to have more resources on hard mode, without the stats being changed.

Weren't the settings along the lines of either 80%, 100% and 120% for the 3 difficulties? For health AND for their fire power? Does someone know?

Also, in (the old) skirmish, they send 2, 4 and 6 units for the 3 difficulties. Of 1 type of course.

This is C&C, people. You're not playing it right unless you have the words "mission failed" burned into your retinas :D

So yeah. Git gud. Or, y'know... try something else than you're trying right now.

Yup, right indeed mate. I managed to complete the missions on HARD, so I did actually manage to beat the game. But was it fun? No. Watching my Titans, ghost stalker and Mammoth (the units i loved so damn much) die so easily just made the game look bad. 

And furthermore, thanks for the replies guys. Funny topic

Weren't the settings along the lines of either 80%, 100% and 120% for the 3 difficulties? For health AND for their fire power? Does someone know?

I think so too. In medium, the enemy stats is the same i think but on hard, they have tougher armor, your units do less damage or both. I never played easy but I suspect it's the opposite of hard (YOUR stuffs had the same armor/firepower boost like the hard enemy and/or the enemy stuffs are weaken like yours on hard mode).